M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

Just got rejected again trying to load Serve at Walmart.

The serve has an acct number of 3727 41**** so based on info in another thread, I took this to mean it was of the "old" Blue variety, even though I've only had it a few months.

The GC was a non-Vanilla Visa Debit, from Sunrise Bank, using the last 4 digits as PIN. Purchased from Jewel.

Bookmarking.

So today I'm going to try to load the same VGC onto a One VIP card that I just got in the mail last night and see if that works. If I can get a non-Vanilla VGC at Walgreens, then I'll try a different one on the same Serve card, although IIRC Walgreens only sells Vanilla.

After looking at the Walgreen's Balance Financial card...

It seems like this would be an easier way to liquidate VGC's...

Thoughts?

Sounds similar to a RedBird - except for the fees -- $0.95 per BillPay and ATM transaction, and $2.95 per reload transaction. The FAQ doesn't make it clear if loading $1000 via two $500 swipes would count as one or two transactions.

The fees eat into your M$ profit - but it looks like a viable channel for liquidating bonus spends

Thoughts?

Sounds similar to a RedBird - except for the fees -- $0.95 per BillPay and ATM transaction, and $2.95 per reload transaction. The FAQ doesn't make it clear if loading $1000 via two $500 swipes would count as one or two transactions.

The fees eat into your M$ profit - but it looks like a viable channel for liquidating bonus spends

Easier than all the other methods you have not attempted yet? :rofl:

I told DW this morning I'd like to buy her an iphone 6 plus for her birthday.

She went "you just want the 10% don't you?" :grin:

Get the Citi AT&T card for the rebate on a phone.

Just confirming y'all have seen the recent posts on the Disco thread, reports of people seeing new exclusionary language on screen for gift cards.

The serve has an acct number of 3727 41**** so based on info in another thread, I took this to mean it was of the "old" Blue variety, even though I've only had it a few months.

The GC was a non-Vanilla Visa Debit, from Sunrise Bank, using the last 4 digits as PIN. Purchased from Jewel.

Bookmarking.

So today I'm going to try to load the same VGC onto a One VIP card that I just got in the mail last night and see if that works. If I can get a non-Vanilla VGC at Walgreens, then I'll try a different one on the same Serve card, although IIRC Walgreens only sells Vanilla.
Just Vanilla at Walgreens.

Thoughts?

I'm confused why nobody is even considering this route

Thoughts?

Read cloknem's post in the Disco thread like I posted earlier.

Thoughts?

Oh, somebody had definitely considered it and tried it, then was either shut down or realized the method is simply too expensive, even for meeting min spends.

Maybe GoBank is a better route?

Thoughts?

Oh, somebody had definitely considered it and tried it, then was either shut down or realized the method is simply too expensive, even for meeting min spends.

Maybe GoBank is a better route?

Good luck with them, they shut me down after only a few $k of load/unload. Permanent BAN. :warning:

I know. Most of my MS friends were shut down by them as well. I was just suggesting a clearly better product than WG but both are no difference when it comes to the shutdown rate.

The fee is waived with ACH push from a regular checking account.

Btw, you gambling with extrabux?

Edited by ERIC0728

I know. Most of my MS friends were shut down by them as well. I was just suggesting a clearly better product than WG but both are no difference when it comes to the shutdown rate.

The fee is waived with ACH push from a regular checking account.

Btw, you gambling with extrabux?

You are VERY lucky (or just good)! :ph34r:

Gambling????

Extrabux still has the old language. 1% for 2k or under, with eligible code to waive purchase fee.

I bought a bunch. All tracked. Estimated payout in December. :swoon:

So if you're thinking to gamble, let me refer you. ;)

I already have EB account. But I don't see much point in only 1%... :dntknw: I've been meaning to ask you if you had gambled any more with t cb???

Extrabux still has the old language. 1% for 2k or under, with eligible code to waive purchase fee.

I already have EB account. But I don't see much point in only 1%... :dntknw: I've been meaning to ask you if you had gambled any more with t cb???

EB is owned by Ebates and is CJ-based, so I doubt this will pay.

The way I see is, with the waived purchase fee, I'm gambling at a $1 loss per $500 if CB claws back.

If it pays, I get to MS for free and I've also found out a few ways I can pay bills with AGC for free.

No, I haven't gambled with TCB since the change.

Bookmarking.

Data point:

Successfully loaded a new One VIP card today at WM with the same VGC that was unsuccessful there yesterday on my Serve.

Data point:

Successfully loaded a new One VIP card today at WM with the same VGC that was unsuccessful there yesterday on my Serve.

That is very interesting. If I have an issue loading one of my cards, I can just whip out a second VIP and try that, and if that doesn't work I can head over to Target and try that as well.

Edited by pwd847

This hobby naturally leads to having more deposit accounts than a normal human being needs. I've opened a few this year with those fundable by credit cards. I think Citi has the 2-year language and some banks told me I cannot have two checking accounts with them. Does anybody churn checking accounts?

All my EB clawed back. Oh well. Stop trying until end of this month. Hopefully some good news will come then.

So interestingly enough for those who care... I was promised $50 statement credit and 5k southwest points for my fiasco on Southwest card.

Don't ask me why, but they gave me $50 credit and 11.7k points. I am not complaining.

:good:

This hobby naturally leads to having more deposit accounts than a normal human being needs. I've opened a few this year with those fundable by credit cards. I think Citi has the 2-year language and some banks told me I cannot have two checking accounts with them. Does anybody churn checking accounts?

All my EB clawed back. Oh well. Stop trying until end of this month. Hopefully some good news will come then.

So interestingly enough for those who care... I was promised $50 statement credit and 5k southwest points for my fiasco on Southwest card.

Don't ask me why, but they gave me $50 credit and 11.7k points. I am not complaining.

:good:

I just started my checking bonus crusade recently, I started off with Bank of America $100, US bank $125 plus another $100 for opening a savings and maintaining $1,000 in it for a year

So $325 so far off of my first two checking accounts open..

Capital One has a $250 or $350 offer for opening a business checking.. That's next on my list I think.

I'll keep you updated

This hobby naturally leads to having more deposit accounts than a normal human being needs. I've opened a few this year with those fundable by credit cards. I think Citi has the 2-year language and some banks told me I cannot have two checking accounts with them. Does anybody churn checking

Yes people do. Guys have been hitting Citi and Chase once a year. Problems are you load up Chex, and you get 1099's for the bonuses.

Hustler Money Blog always has TONS of checking/savings account bonus info.

Edited by Konrad2012

Important Information

Guidelines