Sign in to follow this  
Konrad2012

M$ speed bumps

Are there any specific cards to use for Simon Malls besides using the 2% CB card? Do people use Simon Malls usually for Signup Bonus Spend?

Are there any specific cards to use for Simon Malls besides using the 2% CB card? Do people use Simon Malls usually for Signup Bonus Spend?

SPG, MR, and UR cards and also miles cards.

Yea seems like it, or intro 5% cb cards.

It's a good deal in most points and miles cards that don't have a bonus category elsewhere where you can buy GCs.

It's really whatever is worth it to you for your time and effort, your expected redemption values of your points etc.

$9,575 (19 cards + fees) at a $75 cost

Gross profit (not including liquidation costs)=

9575 MR, UR, TY, SPG with no multiplier

12,447 MR on Biz Blue

14,362 MR on EDP

$104 on a BofA Travel w/ 25% bonus

$116 on a 2% card

$135 on an Arrival+

$140 on BofA Travel w/ 50%

$176 on BofA Travel w/ 75%

$212 on a 3% card

$308 on a 4% card

$9,500 if I jack Cappy in the parking garage

Went to FD for my usual Serve load and as soon as I swiped my Serve card it paused for a few seconds then declined. Tried again with same result.

Left the store and called CS. After a very long hold they came back and said nothing was wrong on their end and my card should work fine. Trying new location tomorrow.

Never ran into this before but I have lots of VGCs to liquidate. :grin:

My thoughts.....I either grabbed a bad reload card off the shelf there or someone had already been in recently and hit their internal load limit. The latter is not likely in my small town.

their internal load limit.

I'm not sure I buy this anymore, a glitch (yes glitch) in the system when this first rolled out, repeated repeatedly over time, now set in stone as a rule to go by.

I either grabbed a bad reload card off the shelf there

This too, I have yet to grab one, they have them at the register just like the bar code sheets for fruit at the grocery store.

They have two versions.of the reload cards there that are otherwise identical. One just has the non-applicable reload fee in the right corner $3.95 and nothing else.

I accidentally grabbed this one today. The one I usually grab shows the reload limit in the corner as well up to $500. Hope that's all it is. I'll post back if I have more problems tomorrow.

It's really whatever is worth it to you for your time and effort, your expected redemption values of your points etc.

12,447 MR on Biz Blue

14,362 MR on EDP

$116 on a 2% card

$135 on an Arrival+

$212 on a 3% card

$308 on a 4% card

Cool layout...

Does it come up as 1 10K charge or is it Mutiples of $500 that keep coming up on the statement?

Now all I need to do is get more Rc's and move out of NY :lol:

12,447 MR on Biz Blue

14,362 MR on EDP

$116 on a 2% card

$135 on an Arrival+

$212 on a 3% card

$308 on a 4% card

Cool layout...

Does it come up as 1 10K charge or is it Mutiples of $500 that keep coming up on the statement?

Now all I need to do is get more Rc's and move out of NY :lol:

However you run it.

12,447 MR on Biz Blue

14,362 MR on EDP

$116 on a 2% card

$135 on an Arrival+

$212 on a 3% card

$308 on a 4% card

Where do you go in the mall to get these cards? I don't go to the mall much but I am shocked by how much that I've been missing out on.

Customer/guest service desks where people typically drop by to ask where the restrooms are. In most malls, they also have a big display of third party gift cards right in front of the desk.

In outlets, they're generally located by the food courts.

Edited by ERIC0728

Where do you go in the mall to get these cards? I don't go to the mall much but I am shocked by how much that I've been missing out on.

guest services. Also, sometimes certain shopping areas (like downtown YOURCITY) will have gift cards you can buy for any merchant in the area. Usually small, locally owned restaurants and shops, but if you shop there.... why not?

Could not load at FD again today. Declined message when swiping Serve card, never even make it to load amount.

Local Walmart told me today their systems won't let them load Serve/BB any more.

Anyone else??????

Could not load at FD again today. Declined message when swiping Serve card, never even make it to load amount.

Local Walmart told me today their systems won't let them load Serve/BB any more.

Anyone else??????

I'll let you know how it works at the ATM tomorrow.

Anyone else??????

I'll let you know how it works at the ATM tomorrow.
:good:

I'm done for the month, but I have several to load again starting tomorrow. We shall see.

Edited by hyschmied

Ya'll feel free to put me back on the bench. I just checked my Serve load total online. I hit $5k from debit loads on 8/26/15. :blush:

I didn't realize I'd done that much this month. I thought I had another $1000 to go but I missed 2 x $500 in there one day early in the month.

Ya'll feel free to put me back on the bench. I just checked my Serve load total online. I hit $5k from debit loads on 8/26/15. :blush:

I didn't realize I'd done that much this month. I thought I had another $1000 to go but I missed 2 x $500 in there one day early in the month.

:warning:

I think the issues recently have to do with the new cards, not the VGCs.

:warning:

I think the issues recently have to do with the new cards, not the VGCs.

Thanks for the yellow card....red card and it's game over. :rofl:

I was honestly wondering about that whole ordeal too with everyone upgrading POS systems, etc.

The CSR at WM just now called the MGR and she said they can no longer load Serve/BB, they can only unload. Ummmm....? Please let tomorrow be a new day/month for this BS. These two spots have been my go-to's all year.

OK, one more post on this while I'm polluting the thread with my problems. :grin:

At FD it went like this:

- Swipe Serve

- Tell MGR amount to load

- System pauses and declines (never even get to swipe VGC)

- MGR tells me she loaded someone else earlier in the day but wouldn't tell me amount

- Asked MGR if she has a daily load limit at her store. She said yes but didn't know the amount

At WM it went like this:

- Swipe Serve

- Tell CSR amount to load

- Swipe VGC and enter PIN

- Transaction declines per screenshot below (in this case it looks purely because of hitting my cap or it should have worked?)

- CSR calls MGR and tells me someone else was declined earlier in the day as well then the line about we can no longer load Serve/BB due to a system upgrade

WTH.....???

wyKlLdf.png

I just tested the M$ waters and was successful on my first run! What a relief.

I drove to CVS and bought a couple small items and a $500 VGC.

The cashier asked if she could ring up the VGC separately. I didn't want her to but reluctantly said yes. Since this was my first time doing this, I didn't want any issues. Obviously, I don't want this to continue to happen as multiple $504.95 transactions might look suspicious.

I then headed across the street to Target and loaded my REDcard without issue.

I have several questions:

- Does anyone know why she wanted to ring the card up as it's own transaction?

- Does this mean other cashiers at this specific CVS will let me use a credit card to purchase a VGC? Or is it likely a hit-or-miss situation?

- She scanned my ID for the purchase (I'm assuming in case the CC was stolen). Does this matter at all?

- If I am buying just $500 VGC's, will CapOne (I am using my Venture card) get suspicious and shut me down, or should I always buy additional small items at the same time? I only plan on doing $1000 at a time, maybe 2 to 3 times a month, to clear bonuses for now.

- If I load $1000 to my REDcard and then immediately pay off the credit card with it, 2 or 3 times a month, will Amex shut down my REDdcard?

Edited by EternalDebtSlayer

Well the Redbird's reset in a couple hours so the next batch is easy. Wish I had 20 Redbirds. :D

KMart wouldn't accept a CC for a GreenDot. $500 variable load with a $2.95 purchase fee.

I need to chill out a couple days and let all my AMEX payments post. New pers Pt and Biz Gold getting applied for as soon as my AMEX balances hit $0. Might even hit the luv button for the SPG Biz.

- Does anyone know why she wanted to ring the card up as it's own transaction?

- Does this mean other cashiers at this specific CVS will let me use a credit card to purchase a VGC? Or is it likely a hit-or-miss situation?

- She scanned my ID for the purchase (I'm assuming in case the CC was stolen). Does this matter at all?

- If I am buying just $500 VGC's, will CapOne (I am using my Venture card) get suspicious and shut me down, or should I always buy additional small items at the same time? I only plan on doing $1000 at a time, maybe 2 to 3 times a month, to clear bonuses for now.

- If I load $1000 to my REDcard and then immediately pay off the credit card with it, 2 or 3 times a month, will Amex shut down my REDdcard?

- For some reasons, some cashiers prefer to ring them up one card at a time, which means they need to scan the ID one card at a time... No idea why.

- YMMV. CVS has been very consistent, and even if one cashier turns you down, there are normally a few more CVS around the corner. Or you can just try different shift.

- CVS has a $2k limit per 24 hours and they scan your ID to track that.

- Many of my cards get identical amounts from same merchants months after months. I personally wouldn't worry too much about it.

- So far RC has been very tolerant to what we do. I'm normally done with all my loading and unloading by the first week of the month.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Lb3289
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines