M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

I've never actually done any MS in the city but NYC areas seem to be tough according to a lot of people. It's however possible if one is willing to drive out of the island. I often visit some friends in Port Washington and had made numerous stops along I-495 to look for places and have successfully found a few worthy chains further into Long Island. Crossing the Hudson also reveals some opportunities. To be honest though, if I had to drive across state lines for most of my MS, I would probably just quit.

I would just pick a subway station. Do a moneygram search within xxx radius of that station. Physically walk in to every location. Pick the next subway station, repeat.

Then you can go to the Newport Center (Simon Mall) right across the Hudson River.

At least you'd have an easy way to hit the signup bonuses on a certain amount of cards every year.

GP this. I'll send you into NYC VIA Southwest. :P

I'm sorry Cappy and KB, I know I was being hard on you. There are ways to M$ everywhere though.

The problem is that when RB was accepting CC loads everyone thought it was always going to be that easy, and it isn't.

:rolleyes:

coddling.jpg

Point taken.

I'm tired of hearing that "you can't do it in my area" though. I never used RB and have had no issues.

With Simon Malls and probably thousands of places to buy MOs in NYC, I have a hard time believing that it isn't possible.

I agree some areas are tougher than others but as I am rapidly learning, gotta hit the pavement for a bit and find a route and venues that work.

Batting .750 today :good:

20-500 VGC and bottle of windex from a place that used to be a dead end equals $1.59 a gallon gas :grin:

I do two at a time at our grocery store...maybe I'll get saucy tomorrow and go for 3. Then get DW to purchase 3 more in line behind me.

Yep. SOP. Start with one. Then work in two. If it feels comfortable, like they are getting used to it, add a third. If they complain, go back to two.

I do two at a time at our grocery store...maybe I'll get saucy tomorrow and go for 3. Then get DW to purchase 3 more in line behind me.

Yep. SOP. Start with one. Then work in two. If it feels comfortable, like they are getting used to it, add a third. If they complain, go back to two.

Absolutely! Been comfortably doing 2 at a time for a while now, never an issue just friendly conversation. Gotta step it up!

That definitely won't get anyone's attention with your wife behind you

It shall be a strangers date night... :blush:

The people at Walmart don't say a word when I pull out a large stack of VGCs. They all know me and I am always polite and make small talk. It helps to do it IMO when they aren't that busy.

This works until one day they will tell you no more. I hope that day does not come.

The people at Walmart don't say a word when I pull out a large stack of VGCs. They all know me and I am always polite and make small talk. It helps to do it IMO when they aren't that busy.

This works until one day they will tell you no more. I hope that day does not come.

So do I. I don't overdo it like you might though. :P

Same last name on ID's? Do they even check your ID's?

In Chicago, every single store I have been to checks your ID except for a select few of the Walgreens with careless employees.

In Chicago, every single store I have been to checks your ID except for a select few of the Walgreens with careless employees.

Yes, ID required each time I go. In order for this to work I'm sure we'd have to go thru separate checkout lines (to avoid raising any flags). Probably for the better anyways so we aren't running $3k total in VGCs thru one cashier back to back.

Yes, ID required each time I go. In order for this to work I'm sure we'd have to go thru separate checkout lines (to avoid raising any flags). Probably for the better anyways so we aren't running $3k total in VGCs thru one cashier back to back.

I wish my G/F was as cooperative.

The ability to purchase large amounts of gebits is extremely YMMV. It's great if you can do so in places that trigger bonus categories or by AGCs, but most places have imposed some limits that require multiple trips to reach any worthy volume. It's one of the reasons why Simon is so popular despite it's actually expensive by CPM.

I know a ton of people in the NY/NJ area. It is not just that easy in certain areas. On DDF that stop posting which stores work because they are all getting killed. If you are in an area the is not that tough you should be grateful.

The SEAL's have a saying, that while I emphatically dislike quoting anything having to do with the Navy, is apropos far outside the realm of combat. "The only easy day was yesterday"

I was never really concerned about how to get GC's.

The liquidating is my issue

Seriously Cappy, answer me. How many locations have you physically walked in to and attempted to purchase MO's with VGC's?

I will not buy VGC's without a guarantee or almost a guarantee

I was never really concerned about how to get GC's.

The liquidating is my issue

Seriously Cappy, answer me. How many locations have you physically walked in to and attempted to purchase MO's with VGC's?

I will not buy VGC's without a guarantee or almost a guarantee

Don't EVER talk about how hard M$ is in New York ever again. You haven't even tried. Not once.

Important Information

Guidelines