M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

Then people went apes**t like I was degrading them for MSing or something.

No one went apesh!+ on you. Lose the dramatics

Then people went apes**t like I was degrading them for MSing or something.

No one went apesh!+ on you. Lose the dramatics

I think I need a special font to convey my tone or something.

There were no dramatics involved in that post, or any of my posts for that matter.

How many RC's per SSN? I've read one per day, but, is there a total?

One per SSN.

The one-per-day is for the initial purchase of the temporary card. But when you register the card, it's one per SSN - period.

Ok, I read a blog with a picture of a guy with at least five that he was holding like he had a royal flush. thanks for clearing that up.

I'm 0-6 trying to buy gift cards at grocery stores with a credit card.

What stores and where are you located?

SC.

Publix, BI-LO, and Harris Teeter so far.

There is a Food Lion around somewhere and a convenience store that codes as grocery I will probably try this weekend.

Edited by CreditNewb15

I hit a slight bump today. I went to a grocery store (first time there) quite a few miles down the road. I went to the gift card display after shopping for a minute.

I chose a vgc and inquired at customer service if I could purchase it with a cc. Of course, the csr ran to find her supervisor who came back thinking that I wanted

to reload a card. I showed him the vgc and he said "Oh, you want to make a purchase, that's no problem, any cashier can help you... So the first swipe got rejected

for a fraud alert. The cashier asked if I wanted to use another card. I chose an Amex, no problem. Within five minutes, Barclays called me to verify that it was indeed

me using the card at the grocer. I confirmed, they apologized for the inconvenience and offered to wait while I made the purchase. I declined that offer, appreciating them

going the extra mile for me while telling them that I used another card. I told them that I will be using the card at places that I don't normally go to like Target. They told me

that they would note my account.

I hit a slight bump today. I went to a grocery store (first time there) quite a few miles down the road. I went to the gift card display after shopping for a minute.

I chose a vgc and inquired at customer service if I could purchase it with a cc. Of course, the csr ran to find her supervisor who came back thinking that I wanted

to reload a card. I showed him the vgc and he said "Oh, you want to make a purchase, that's no problem, any cashier can help you... So the first swipe got rejected

for a fraud alert. The cashier asked if I wanted to use another card. I chose an Amex, no problem. Within five minutes, Barclays called me to verify that it was indeed

me using the card at the grocer. I confirmed, they apologized for the inconvenience and offered to wait while I made the purchase. I declined that offer, appreciating them

going the extra mile for me while telling them that I used another card. I told them that I will be using the card at places that I don't normally go to like Target. They told me

Oh man, you're nicer than me. I get fired up on the Barclays reps, and they always give me free miles. They denied a 950ish Redbird load with the 50% bonus deal. I told them how "embarrassing" it was, and how I only had one credit card on me since Barclays had the promotion and I was putting all my spend on it. Barclays really let me down. :) They gave me 3,000 or 4,000 miles for the "embarrassment". I actually need to check my account and make sure they've posted. Call them back and ask for the missing miles.

Disco gave me $40 for a denied Sears charge when they had 5% Q4 2014. And it didn't count against the $75 cap.

Amex denied a $1,400 charge on my PRG at 2X's MR's. I asked for the missing points, and they told me to FOAD.

Oh man, you're nicer than me. I get fired up on the Barclays reps, and they always give me free miles. They denied a 950ish Redbird load with the 50% bonus deal. I told them how "embarrassing" it was, and how I only had one credit card on me since Barclays had the promotion and I was putting all my spend on it. Barclays really let me down. :) They gave me 3,000 or 4,000 miles for the "embarrassment". I actually need to check my account and make sure they've posted. Call them back and ask for the missing miles.

Disco gave me $40 for a denied Sears charge when they had 5% Q4 2014. And it didn't count against the $75 cap.

Amex denied a $1,400 charge on my PRG at 2X's MR's. I asked for the missing points, and they told me to FOAD.

Upromise gave me spend 2k get 200 for"reservation" problems that were created by me.....

It was a "test" experience for me. Trying to feel it all out and see if I am built for this life. I understood what they were doing, its just always at the most inopportune moment. Since I laid it out, my posture may be different next time. Good to know that some are willing to "make up". Learning alot from you, champ! :good:

I think it's funny. I have never seen the term "opportunity cost" thrown around as much as I have in the M$ community.

It's like a bunch of people never took micro-economics in high school and then college, just learned a new term and then want to repeat it as much as possible to sound edumacated.

If you're making that much $/hr, why bother even having a "regular" job? The opportunity cost of working seems to be incredibly high, when compared to the $1000/hr you claim you're making on manufactured spending...

Diminishing Marginal Utility and Productivity

Plus, I like my factory in China. It gets me traveling overseas for extended periods of time. Going to different cities which have widely varying cultures. And I get to use Hong Kong as a staging area/FOB to travel to other places...to repeat the former but in different countries.

Edited by Konrad2012

If you're making that much $/hr, why bother even having a "regular" job? The opportunity cost of working seems to be incredibly high, when compared to the $1000/hr you claim you're making on manufactured spending...

Diminishing Marginal Utility

Opportunity cost

Developing theory:

People who don't M$, come to a thread about M$, to tell everyone why it's a waste of time to M$

Were former or current hall monitors, discuss.

c6edcac5a1702edf5947744920092140_zpsw8wx

It is a waste of time

Who wants to spend time at motels for free

And sit on planes for free

I think it's funny. I have never seen the term "opportunity cost" thrown around as much as I have in the M$ community.

It's like a bunch of people never took micro-economics in high school and then college, just learned a new term and then want to repeat it as much as possible to sound edumacated.

Amen

I accrue hundreds of thousands of points legitimately, without gaming the system - but I'm interested in the economics of extreme MS. But, as is probably clear, I have some doubts about the claims being made here, in terms of the hourly benefit of doing it. $1000/hr is quite a wild claim, and - as a businessman, who runs my own business - with a business degree - and who took many, many finance/economic classes - yes, I do question the Opportunity Cost (and no, I did not just take microeconomics, but thanks) of NOT spending every hour, as you claim, making $1000/hr.

For people unfamiliar with manufactured spending, who are looking wide-eyed at the claims being made - it's misleading to them. This thread has turned into an echo-chamber of one-upmanship, which is hardly beneficial to anyone looking for real info.

Nevermind that an account that has bizarre patterns - i.e. charging thousands at one store, then going across the street to do the same - would raise flags at any card company, and would certainly trigger a manual inspection of the charges, and a financial review.

I accrue hundreds of thousands of points legitimately, without gaming the system - but I'm interested in the economics of extreme MS. But, as is probably clear, I have some doubts about the claims being made here, in terms of the hourly benefit of doing it. $1000/hr is quite a wild claim, and - as a businessman, who runs my own business - with a business degree - and who took many, many finance/economic classes - yes, I do question the Opportunity Cost (and no, I did not just take microeconomics, but thanks) of NOT spending every hour, as you claim, making $1000/hr.

For people unfamiliar with manufactured spending, who are looking wide-eyed at the claims being made - it's misleading to them. This thread has turned into an echo-chamber of one-upmanship, which is hardly beneficial to anyone looking for real info.

Nevermind that an account that has bizarre patterns - i.e. charging thousands at one store, then going across the street to do the same - would raise flags at any card company, and would certainly trigger a manual inspection of the charges, and a financial review.

Some lenders do not care

Example of profit l on really low level

So at target on way to work

Trip takes 5 minutes

Pay with arrival plus

Made 50 for 10 minutes or less

Important Information

Guidelines