Sign in to follow this  
Konrad2012

M$ speed bumps

MS for dummies like me.

The easiest way to get started is with a Red Card. If you don't have them in your area you can buy one on DDF for $20. You can load 5k/mo to the RC at Target using any CC. You drain the funds via bill pay or transfer to your checking/savings account.

Next would be using CC's 5x categories like G/G/D (grocery/gas/drug stores) to purchase GC's. You then find stores that let you purchase MO's (money orders) with the GC's. Deposit MO's and pay off your CC.

Rinse and repeat.

Can I purchase MO at USPS with VGC?

MS for dummies like me.

The easiest way to get started is with a Red Card. If you don't have them in your area you can buy one on DDF for $20. You can load 5k/mo to the RC at Target using any CC. You drain the funds via bill pay or transfer to your checking/savings account.

Next would be using CC's 5x categories like G/G/D (grocery/gas/drug stores) to purchase GC's. You then find stores that let you purchase MO's (money orders) with the GC's. Deposit MO's and pay off your CC.

Rinse and repeat.

This may be a stupid question....but what is DDF? I googled it and it came back as an acronym for Drug and Disease Free.....I'm assuming this use is something different.

MS for dummies like me.

Rinse and repeat.

No.

MS for dummies like me.

Rinse and repeat.

This may be a stupid question....but what is DDF? I googled it and it came back as an acronym for Drug and Disease Free.....I'm assuming this use is something different.

DansDealsForum not Dansdeals which is the blog.

MS for dummies like me.

Rinse and repeat.

Not sure. I know postal MO's are more expensive, and the lines at Post Office always suck.

I used to send my disputes via UPS 2nd Day Air instead of CMRRR just to avoid the Post Office.

Have to search credit blogs, not Back Page.

MS for dummies like me.

Rinse and repeat.

Not sure. I know postal MO's are more expensive, and the lines at Post Office always suck.

I used to send my disputes via UPS 2nd Day Air instead of CMRRR just to avoid the Post Office.

GC's at the PO are processed as CA's and will not work. Real debit cards will work for MO's.

How is any of this worth the time? The amount of time it takes to game the system could easily be applied to actually working in your profession, etc - to generate legitimate income. When you include the Opportunity Cost of this, the time/effort required, it hardly seems worth it (although, that would depend on your hourly rate/salary)...

Maybe it's just the thrill of the chase, and gaming the system? Doesn't seem worth the risks of being caught, and permanently blacklisted from companies.

Edited by moadikum

MS is legitimate income. Some make more at this per hour than their normal job.

more at this per hour than their normal job.

then they need a better job...

I make a reasonable 29.72 an hour

Msing I make around 52 an hour

Indeed. I just can't imagine gaming the system that hard. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Unfortunately, this sort of hardcore behavior will eventually hurt everyone, as banks place more restrictions to stop this.

Indeed. I just can't imagine gaming the system that hard. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Unfortunately, this sort of hardcore behavior will eventually hurt everyone, as banks place more restrictions to stop this.

If you do not agree with it then indeed you should not be in an ms thread. ...

Or you don't understand MS.

This thread isn't about debating whether or not to M$ though.

There are definitely different levels of M$, but surely you can't argue that someone shouldn't take advantage of ways that are available to pay a mortgage or a car loan with a rewards CC, for example. It also helps others hit multiple signup bonuses at the same time.

Where people choose to draw the line is up to them, just like you have decided that it doesn't work for you.

How is any of this worth the time? The amount of time it takes to game the system could easily be applied to actually working in your profession, etc - to generate legitimate income. When you include the Opportunity Cost of this, the time/effort required, it hardly seems worth it (although, that would depend on your hourly rate/salary)...

Maybe it's just the thrill of the chase, and gaming the system? Doesn't seem worth the risks of being caught, and permanently blacklisted from companies.

As I posted previously, yesterday on my way to Target to buy diapers and such I stopped by Staples and bought $600 in MGC's. Then I stopped at another Staples (directly across street from Target) and made two more purchases of MGC's in $600 increments. Total time maybe 15 minutes out of my way with parking and such. Took me 3-4 minutes to load them on to Redbirds. In under 30 minutes and under $3 I got over 9000 UR points. If I cashed them out that would be $90+. I make decent money, but not $180/hr. And considering I hoard UR's for international flights that figure is actually 3-5x's higher.

Do you make $540/hr? $900/hr?

And I was on bluetooth talking to my bookkeeper and my business partner on the drive also. I need to be on the phone two hours a day. Sitting at a desk, laying in bed, driving down the road...doesn't matter where I am at, I have to make phone calls. So I don't consider the drive to have any cost due to lost productivity. On the contrary, I consider the drive to be more productive while making phone calls as opposed to sitting at a desk making phone calls.

There are definitely different levels of M$, but surely you can't argue that someone shouldn't take advantage of ways that are available to pay a mortgage or a car loan with a rewards CC, for example. It also helps others hit multiple signup bonuses at the same time.

I personally don't consider paying your mortgage or car payment M$. M$ is just what it says. Manufactured Spending. Spend solely to create points/miles/cash.

I personally don't consider paying your mortgage or car payment M$. M$ is just what it says. Manufactured Spending. Spend solely to create points/miles/cash.

I need to return the 9645$ I have made of barclay. ..I feel bad

You've run $964,500.00 through your arrival card?

/2

/2

Combo of upromise and arrival more on upromise....I love that card amazing cash back

Yes I ran that much through my arrival with its 5 or 10k limit lol

Many have this problem. I am willing to take one for the team. Send it to me and I will make sure it gets to a worthy cause. This is a onetime offer.

As I posted previously, yesterday on my way to Target to buy diapers and such I stopped by Staples and bought $600 in MGC's. Then I stopped at another Staples (directly across street from Target) and made two more purchases of MGC's in $600 increments. Total time maybe 15 minutes out of my way with parking and such. Took me 3-4 minutes to load them on to Redbirds. In under 30 minutes and under $3 I got over 9000 UR points. If I cashed them out that would be $90+. I make decent money, but not $180/hr. And considering I hoard UR's for international flights that figure is actually 3-5x's higher.

Do you make $540/hr? $900/hr?

Sorry bad math. This is post-tax money, not pre-tax. So $1080-$1800/ hr would be a better comparison.

None of the Targets near me sell Redbirds, they are literally on the other side of the state. That or buy one off of eBay for $30+. A got American Express for Target by mistake. :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. tmkats
      tmkats
    2. Kmlingo5
      Kmlingo5
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Martinnick
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines