M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

No matter how much you spend or how you break it up you get the same amount of UR points. You get more rebates by doing 400 at a time.

Most people have a FINITE amount of addresses they can send rebates to. Konrad for example claims he can do 3. Since he is capped at 3, it is better for him to spend 600 per buy than 400...

No matter how much you spend or how you break it up you get the same amount of UR points. You get more rebates by doing 400 at a time.

Most people have a FINITE amount of addresses they can send rebates to. Konrad for example claims he can do 3. Since he is capped at 3, it is better for him to spend 600 per buy than 400...

The only thing he would save on is the amount of separate transactions. He gets the same amount of UR points.

He can also buy 400 and 800 and it works the same as 2 x 600.

Edited by Rorer_714

Since Gary Leff made this public more than 2 weeks ago (I just noticed it), I might as well share here in case you haven't come across the blog. I rarely buy VGC from them, but it would be interesting to see how long this actually will last now that it's out.

Agricultural Federal Credit Union sells personalized VGC for $3.95.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/05/11/how-to-buy-500-visa-gift-cards-online-with-your-name-embossed-on-them-for-3-95/

Contents in the article are correct based on personal experience.

I wonder if this could be my local bank for mo. I need to meet minimum spend. maybe initial fund, billpay, done.

You should be fine depositing locally. Their mobile app doesn't take MO. And yes, they do take CC for initial funding. I can't remember how much, but Arrival+ posted as purchase. Many reported Chase as well.

Edit.

Btw, I had been burned before with initial funding on deposit accounts posted as CA despite what others reported. So it's always better to set your CA limit to $0 or close to it before you attempt to do it.

Edited by ERIC0728

I am surprised this isn't being understood so maybe I am doing a poor job explaining it.

You pay $6.95 fee per card at Staples on every $200. If you buy 3 at a time, after rebate, you are getting over 3K UR for $0.85. If you buy 2 at a time after rebate, you get 2K UR points and and $6.10 cash back.

If your goal is some UR and some cash back then buying 2 at a time is fine. If your goal is to hit 50k spending on your INK Plus, then obviously buying 3 at a time is better.

Most people have a maximum amount of addresses they can send rebates to...The point of buying 3 at a time during rebate promotions is getting the INK points for as close to free as possible.

Edited by kayvebear

You should be fine depositing locally. Their mobile app doesn't take MO. And yes, they do take CC for initial funding. I can't remember how much, but Arrival+ posted as purchase. Many reported Chase as well.

Edit.

Btw, I had been burned before with initial funding on deposit accounts posted as CA despite what others reported. So it's always better to set your CA limit to $0 or close to it before you attempt to do it.

Barclays is a good one for initial account funding. People have funded Citi checking accounts with Barclays cards $40K+.

Glad I haven't hit the non-personalized VGC wall yet.

Hit my local Target yesterday for the first time in a while. Still not asking for ID. Still don't care if I load multiple Redbirds at the same time. Being able to liquidate $10K at a time with no hassles, no paperwork, no MO fees is still great. And I still got 5% off my toothpaste, razors and laundry detergent.

I am surprised this isn't being understood so maybe I am doing a poor job explaining it.

You pay $6.95 fee per card at Staples on every $200. If you buy 3 at a time, after rebate, you are getting over 3K UR for $0.85. If you buy 2 at a time after rebate, you get 2K UR points and and $6.10 cash back.

If your goal is some UR and some cash back then buying 2 at a time is fine. If your goal is to hit 50k spending on your INK Plus, then obviously buying 3 at a time is better.

Most people have a maximum amount of addresses they can send rebates to...The point of buying 3 at a time during rebate promotions is getting the INK points for as close to free as possible.

Maybe try Circles and Arrows?

The "goal" should be to maximize every promotion that comes down the road.

And there shouldn't be ANY problem MSing $4,166.67/month at Office Supply stores. $50k is much too low of a cap.

You are missing the point. If you buy 1.2k, 2.4k, 3.6k or 4.8k in GC's at Staples it does not matter if you buy two or three at a time. You get the same amount of UR points. To maximize the amount of rebates you want to buy two at a time. Don't over think this. KISS!

You are trying to compare buying 400 vs 600. It doesn't work that way. How much do you want to buy and then we can decide the best way to do it.

Edited by Rorer_714

K: "Excuse me ma'am, do you happen to have any more $200 Visa gift cards in the back?"

Staples Mgr: "Everything we have is on the shelf."

K: "Do you happen to know when you expect to receive more ma'am?"

Staples Mgr: "We received a shipment this morning, but we haven't put them out yet."

K: Stops for several seconds, decides anything about to come out of his mouth is going to be unconducive to future visits to this location. Decides instead to say "Thank you". Walks out.

That reminded me of a local deli:

Me: "I'd like a quart of potato salad."

Clerk: "We only have pints."

Me: "In that case, I'll take two pints."

Clerk: "Would you like that in one container?"

Nothing good comes from saying anything other than, "That would be perfect. Thanks." but, dear god, do you realize what you just said!?!?!?

Edited by djhall

You are missing the point. If you buy 1.2k, 2.4k, 3.6k or 4.8k in GC's at Staples it does not matter if you buy two or three at a time. You get the same amount of UR points. To maximize the amount of rebates you want to buy two at a time. Don't over think this. KISS!

You are trying to compare buying 400 vs 600. It doesn't work that way. How much do you want to buy and then we can decide the best way to do it.

If you buy 4.8k at a time, you are paying a massive amount in VGC fees. At $600, the fees are wiped and the UR is free due to the rebate.. KISS :)

If you buy 4.8k at a time, you are paying a massive amount in VGC fees. At $600, the fees are wiped and the UR is free due to the rebate.. KISS :)

I think you are still missing the point...but I understand your point as well. For this particular $20 offer, $600 win. Happy?

I think you are still missing the point...but I understand your point as well. For this particular $20 offer, $600 win. Happy?

Happy :)

Edited by kayvebear

You really need to take it slow since you are not understanding this game.

Look at two individuals buying 1.2k of GC's.

You buy 2 x 600.

I buy 3 x 400.

The amount of fees and UR points earned are exactly the same. I receive three rebates and you receive two. With rebates buy in smaller amounts (2 x 200). With no rebates it does not matter what increments you buy in.

Edit.

Barclays is a good one for initial account funding. People have funded Citi checking accounts with Barclays cards $40K+.

Glad I haven't hit the non-personalized VGC wall yet.

Hit my local Target yesterday for the first time in a while. Still not asking for ID. Still don't care if I load multiple Redbirds at the same time. Being able to liquidate $10K at a time with no hassles, no paperwork, no MO fees is still great. And I still got 5% off my toothpaste, razors and laundry detergent.

Me too. I joined the CU for buying personalized MO and it was before I had access to SM. Unloading is relatively straightforward in my neighborhood so the personalized card doesn't help much. With SMGC, I can load and unload 10k in one trip for a couple of hours, several times a month. Waiting the cards to arrive in the mail just takes way too long.

I suppose for folks in tough areas, this can be helpful. AFAIK, this is the cheapest personalized VGC.

So I went to a new Target (for me). Happened to be near Smart and Final. Had some VGC's to dump.

Chit chatting with the girl, ask her if the Redbird business had dropped off since they quit accepting credit card loads.

"Oh, we still take credit cards".

Euphoria!

$1000. Swiped the card. It accepted and the signature box showed up on the screen. I'm thinking, "This is awesome!!! I broke Target"

Then, she says, "Oh, the system cancelled it."

Emotional roller coaster.

So I went to a new Target (for me). Happened to be near Smart and Final. Had some VGC's to dump.

Chit chatting with the girl, ask her if the Redbird business had dropped off since they quit accepting credit card loads.

Euphoria!

$1000. Swiped the card. It accepted and the signature box showed up on the screen. I'm thinking, "This is awesome!!! I broke Target"

Damn, I was on my way out the door!

Euphoria!

Damn, I was on my way out the door!

When I swiped that CC and the signature box appeared on the screen, I was giddy.

Important Information

Guidelines