M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

My (4) $500 AGC's arrived today... planning on taking them out to buy $494 VGC's... thinking rite aid, cvs, etc for first attempts. Anything I need to know?

Success tends to be local. Hope you get lucky with some stores that are close to you. It tends to be store by store, clerk by clerk. Good luck.

Do I just run the card as a normal amex cc?

My (4) $500 AGC's arrived today... planning on taking them out to buy $494 VGC's... thinking rite aid, cvs, etc for first attempts. Anything I need to know?

Success tends to be local. Hope you get lucky with some stores that are close to you. It tends to be store by store, clerk by clerk. Good luck.

Well that was easy. CVS. First try. Bought four $495 vanillas. Time to order more Amex cards I guess

Well that was easy. CVS. First try. Bought four $495 vanillas. Time to order more Amex cards I guess
Have you run the math on this? How much did you get the AGCs for?

If you are spending more than $3.95 per $500 on a non-bonus category CC, you're paying too much.

Edited by mendelssohn

Have you run the math on this? How much did you get the AGCs for?

If you are spending more than $3.95 per $500 on a non-bonus category CC, you're paying too much.

I had 4 $500 AGC's, so I converted them into 4 $495 VGC's since the Vanillas have a $4.95 each. I basically spent $13.00 for 2000 UR points but that was a mistake on my part.. next time the points will be free. I only got 1.5% cash back instead of 2.2% on the AGC's

Buy the $2,000 denomination AGC's and you'll be fine.

From now on that is the plan...

Curious when redeeming multiple staples rebates for VGC promotion how important a couple things are
1) Using same last name for each address as was used on credit card of order (or first name for that matter too)
2) submitting from different IP addresses / cleared cache browser for each rebate.
Trying to redeem 5 separate rebates

K: "Excuse me ma'am, do you happen to have any more $200 Visa gift cards in the back?"

Staples Mgr: "Everything we have is on the shelf."

K: "Do you happen to know when you expect to receive more ma'am?"

Staples Mgr: "We received a shipment this morning, but we haven't put them out yet."

K: Stops for several seconds, decides anything about to come out of his mouth is going to be unconducive to future visits to this location. Decides instead to say "Thank you". Walks out.

K: "Excuse me ma'am, do you happen to have any more $200 Visa gift cards in the back?"

Staples Mgr: "We received a shipment this morning, but we haven't put them out yet."

K: Stops for several seconds, decides anything about to come out of his mouth is going to be unconducive to future visits to this location. Decides instead to say "Thank you". Walks out.

LOL. My staples has plenty but I already bought 10 under this rebate promotion (5 different orders) ... don't know how far I should push it.

Wise choice.

LOL. My staples has plenty but I already bought 10 under this rebate promotion (5 different orders) ... don't know how far I should push it.

Went and bout $1200 more tonight on 2 separate transactions... that will be 7 rebates total if I can find enough family members / adddresses

Went and bout $1200 more tonight on 2 separate transactions... that will be 7 rebates total if I can find enough family members / adddresses

Hope you have lots of things to buy at Staples with those rebates. I don't really. :(

Edited to elaborate and say two rebates is enough for me because A. I just don't shop there and B. I can't seem to get an Ink card.

It's a great deal for those that do either.

Edited by hyschmied

Hope you have lots of things to buy at Staples with those rebates. I don't really. :(

Edited to elaborate and say two rebates is enough for me because A. I just don't shop there and B. I can't seem to get an Ink card.

It is a $20 visa gift card you get back on this promotion... not a staples card if I understand correctly

It is a $20 visa gift card you get back on this promotion... not a staples card if I understand correctly

you're correct KB. Maybe I should have done more.

The last one was staples rebate.

you're correct KB. Maybe I should have done more.

The last one was staples rebate.

The mistake i made was buying $400 at a time on the first five orders instead of $600 but Konrad corrected me so I bought $600 on last two orders. I will be submitting 7 rebates.

To clarify it's not for MS but regular checks from customers etc but I can deposit cashiers check and money orders without issue. I'm with Chase and it costs 25 a month but means I pretty much never go to a bank for anything

Since Gary Leff made this public more than 2 weeks ago (I just noticed it), I might as well share here in case you haven't come across the blog. I rarely buy VGC from them, but it would be interesting to see how long this actually will last now that it's out.

Agricultural Federal Credit Union sells personalized VGC for $3.95.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/05/11/how-to-buy-500-visa-gift-cards-online-with-your-name-embossed-on-them-for-3-95/

Contents in the article are correct based on personal experience.

Edited by ERIC0728

Since Gary Leff made this public more than 2 weeks ago (I just noticed it), I might as well share here in case you haven't come across the blog. I rarely buy VGC from them, but it would be interesting to see how long this actually will last now that it's out.

Agricultural Federal Credit Union sells personalized VGC for $3.95.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/05/11/how-to-buy-500-visa-gift-cards-online-with-your-name-embossed-on-them-for-3-95/

Contents in the article are correct based on personal experience.

Thanks for the post - although to me it seems like an expensive and time consuming method to get a small amount of M$. Still, it is feasible

Now how can I get 5x on my Ink PLUS for championship tickets to the W A R R I O R S?.

The mistake i made was buying $400 at a time on the first five orders instead of $600 but Konrad corrected me so I bought $600 on last two orders. I will be submitting 7 rebates.

Why was buying 400 at a time a mistake?

Why was buying 400 at a time a mistake?

Depends on what your goal is. If your goal is cashback + some UR, then $400 at a time is the way to go...but if your goal is UR, then buying $600 is the way to go. At $400, you get some free UR with a teeny bit of cash back left over from the rebate. At $600, the rebate covers all your fees. Extra UR and no cash back.

My goal is to hit the 50k category on Ink... I don't care about making a few $ of cash back. I want the points... so my (5) $400 transactions totaling $2k could have been $3k

That makes no sense. You buy 1.2k (2 x 600) and I buy 1.2k (3 x 400). We get the same amount of UR points but I get three rebates and you get two.

No... I would buy 3 x 600 (if I had 3 desired rebates). Same number of rebates, higher purchase amount.

i.e ... I bought 5 transactions x $400 each and 2 at $600 each. I get 7 rebates either way, but if I did $600 on all I would have spent an extra $1k and gotten an extra 5k UR

Important Information

Guidelines