• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to STOP asking stores questions and read this thread first.  

Vanilla. They work with serve at Family Dollar but not at Walmart.  I'll add that it is hit or miss on variable loads. My closest Walgreens only carries $200 VGC's. Another town away they have $50

Booo

Never, ever, ever, in my whole life, did I ever think that having a CC with a $2,000 CL would be as annoying as it is(in terms of maxing it out). With all these GC purchases, it is really a pain in the flowers.

You can push payments from your checking to AMEX to create an overage. I've overpaid them by $1,500 mistakenly.

Rorer once tried to convince me that there is no benefit to having larger credit lines for M$ing. What's your take on that now PWD? :rofl:

Never, ever, ever, in my whole life, did I ever think that having a CC with a $2,000 CL would be as annoying as it is(in terms of maxing it out). With all these GC purchases, it is really a pain in the flowers.

You can push payments from your checking to AMEX to create an overage. I've overpaid them by $1,500 mistakenly.

Rorer once tried to convince me that there is no benefit to having larger credit lines for M$ing. What's your take on that now PWD? :rofl:

Lets be fair here. To me a 15-20k CL is not large. With a 20k CL I can 300k/mo in MS.

Also don't push payments to Amex. You want to pull payments so the CL is available right away.

Lets be fair here. To me a 15-20k CL is not large. With a 20k CL I can 300k/mo in MS.

Also don't push payments to Amex. You want to pull payments so the CL is available right away.

You suggested PWD create a credit of sorts on the card. There is no way to create a credit on Amex from a pull, only from a push.

You suggested PWD create a credit of sorts on the card. There is no way to create a credit on Amex from a pull, only from a push.

You sure about that? What happens when I have a zero balance and I do a 10k pull. What will my balance be?

You sure about that? What happens when I have a zero balance and I do a 10k pull. What will my balance be?

I was under the impression AMEX wouldn't let you pull to create a credit. I was under the impression that AMEX wouldn't let you pull to cover a pending charge even. Am I wrong? I'm only going by what I've read on here for this one. I always push payments from BofA to all of my issuers with the exception of some random Redbird bill pays.

Edited by Konrad2012

On my (personal) AmEx, I'm unable to pull more than the current balance (there's no option to pull more than the current balance). But I have pushed a $5k credit onto a zero balance card.

Maybe it's different with a biz card?

Edited by JeffeVerde

On my (personal) AmEx, I'm unable to pull more than the current balance (there's no option to pull more than the current balance). But I have pushed a $5k credit onto a zero balance card.

I pulled to create a few hundred credit balance on my wife's BCP once.

Another time I couldn't pull more than the current balance, but this restriction was only from a newly linked second checking account.

Edited by tweak

I pulled to create a few hundred credit balance on my wife's BCP once.

Another time I couldn't pull more than the current balance, but this restriction was only from a newly linked second checking account.

Sometimes depending on how close you are to the statement date it will not work either.

I tried to buy an Amex gift card through one of those cashback sites with a portal.

Amex declined the order for "identity verification" reasons.

I've never tried anything like that before, but it looks like that means I'm blocked from ever doing it.

Anyone know about that sort of thing?

I'm having a similar problem. I can only buy $500 AGC with my Cap Quicksilver. All my other cards (chase SAP, Cap One venture, Barclay) get declined. I've tried at least twice with each card. Email said they couldn't verify my order information. Very weird..wondering if my NL freeze and opt out have anything to do with it?

So for my newest M$ Speed Bump, UFB Direct has gutted my airline miles debit card. It has been my backup AA miles generator, but it is now basically worthless for M$.

R.I.P.

What happened with UFB? I've had a checking account there, and I've been earning miles on certain debit card purchases for several years.

The description of the account benefits on their site appears unchanged.

Did you overdo it and get cut off?

Yes, when I only had 4 cards I would do that very often. But now with 11 cards, it is easy to lose track of what money I have pushed where because of the few days lag before the payment is credited. There is a solution to this. Keep records of my payments. I just don't feel like doing that. It would be easier if my limit was higher, but obviously I have to deal with it for a minimum of 40 something more days.

I also got really tired of Total rewards asking me if I would like a check mailed to me for the positive balance on my account 100% of the time when I called in.

What happened with UFB? I've had a checking account there, and I've been earning miles on certain debit card purchases for several years.

"Purchases made at Super Markets, Super Stores, Grocery Stores, Wholesale Stores, Discount Stores, USPS, and financial or money transfer institutions are not eligible. Purchases made using virtual wallets, funds transfer services, or other similar technology are not eligible."

"Purchases made at Super Markets, Super Stores, Grocery Stores, Wholesale Stores, Discount Stores, USPS, and financial or money transfer institutions are not eligible. Purchases made using virtual wallets, funds transfer services, or other similar technology are not eligible."

Think they didn't have MS in mind :)

It starts June 1st.

Not only that, it's changed to 1 mile for every $3.

Just to give us the finger over the whole thing, they raised the daily debit POS limit to $2,500

Edited by Konrad2012

Yes, when I only had 4 cards I would do that very often. But now with 11 cards, it is easy to lose track of what money I have pushed where because of the few days lag before the payment is credited. There is a solution to this. Keep records of my payments. I just don't feel like doing that. It would be easier if my limit was higher, but obviously I have to deal with it for a minimum of 40 something more days.

I also got really tired of Total rewards asking me if I would like a check mailed to me for the positive balance on my account 100% of the time when I called in.

Word for the wise-

If you are going to try and step up your M$ game and not keeping at least minor records, you are setting yourself up for some problems.

It starts June 1st.

Just to give us the finger over the whole thing, they raised the daily debit POS limit to $2,500

I've almost stopped using my account because of the limits on mobile deposits, early deposit cutoff times and a ridiculous funds availability policy. This kills the deal completely.

It starts June 1st.

I've almost stopped using my account because of the limits on mobile deposits, early deposit cutoff times and a ridiculous funds availability policy. This kills the deal completely.

I would still test it. 1 for 3 is not good but it is still very cheap way to generate miles if the loopholes are still open.

Word for the wise-

If you are going to try and step up your M$ game and not keeping at least minor records, you are setting yourself up for some problems.

I log into all of my CC online accounts everyday and I make payments every 2-5 days. Once all my new CC's have a closing date I will punch all that into my GCalander and I keep a surplus of funds in my checking account in case an emergency payment is needed.

American Express Gift Card

Spend $200 or more, get $10 back

Expires:

07/31/2015

Details

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $200 or more online at americanexpress.com/gift by 7/31/2015. Excludes logo gift cards and gift cheques. See terms for additional exclusions.

American Express Gift Card
Spend $200 or more, get $10 back
Expires:
07/31/2015
Details
Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $200 or more online at americanexpress.com/gift by 7/31/2015. Excludes logo gift cards and gift cheques. See terms for additional exclusions.

Was this an AMEX Offer?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    meli1979

Important Information

Guidelines