Sign in to follow this  
Konrad2012

M$ speed bumps

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:36 AM, Chris58 said:

A very prescient comment Sir. 

"Less is More"

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, Rorer_714 said:

Not a good sign. 

What do you think about this new 1K Simon thing?, (through Oct I gather).

All AMEX dead at Simon, new T&C's for Citi DC effective 1 November.

Too public, could this "openness" kill Simon as a source?

Beware of the CB effect when Chasing loopholes, we don't need more speed bumps.

whats the card of choice to churn Simons gcs?  Ive been out of the MS game for a bit because I havent seen a setup that really pulled me back in since the Wells Fargo 5% cash back cards.

1 hour ago, eonaxes said:

whats the card of choice to churn Simons gcs?  Ive been out of the MS game for a bit because I havent seen a setup that really pulled me back in since the Wells Fargo 5% cash back cards.

What are you after (points, miles, CB)? Also, what volume are you looking for? Simon is convenient, but not the best option unless you are doing high volume. 

Definitely not AMEX as none of their cards earn any MR points at Simon.

1 hour ago, DPB said:

What are you after (points, miles, CB)? Also, what volume are you looking for? Simon is convenient, but not the best option unless you are doing high volume. 

Definitely not AMEX as none of their cards earn any MR points at Simon.

I prefer cashback but I go for the most efficient rewards value return I can get

3 hours ago, eonaxes said:

Definitely not U.S. Bank either.

1 hour ago, eonaxes said:

I prefer cashback but I go for the most efficient rewards value return I can get

Rakuten (ebates) card gets 3% back. I use it for visa GC purchases at giftcardmall. Rakuten gives an additional 1% back through the portal which almost completely negates the activation fee. Liquidate to Serve or Bluebird plus money orders (when you exceed the Serve/BB monthly limits). 
I make decent cash back this way, but most of my M$ is for AMEX MR or Marriott points using bonus categories. If I want to cover the cost of M$ for the points I use a Citi DC card at Simon (just don’t cycle the credit limit on that card). Although liquidation has become slightly harder since Simon started selling the $1k cards. There are workarounds, but not talked about publicly since that would kill them. There are also cash out options for MR points. 
You’re not going to get 5% cash back anymore. Except on capped categories on Discover and some Chase cards.

If you’re only planning to do a few thousand per month you shouldn’t have issues. 

wow great intel thanks. Im a big ebates user but didnt realize there's cashback at giftcardmall.  Anyone use that Alliant 2.5% cashback card that gives 3% CB and $100AF waived for first year?  

Ive been an alliant member forever but never got a card with them.  Says its a "high spender" card but dont know how aggressive they are to MS activities. But 3% +3% giftcard cashback would be crazy good, just need to dush off my bluebird and figure out a way to efficiently liquadate.  And then even after the first year 2.5% + $100AF is still very good... only need to churn about 1667/month to break even on the AF when comparing the Alliant card to a flat 2% CB card with no AF.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mmetaphor
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines