Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

M$ speed bumps

I don't know what region you are in but Vanilla's work fine at Shop n Save grocery stores only problem with them is their money orders only go up to $300 so you have to get #2.

I don't know what region you are in but Vanilla's work fine at Shop n Save grocery stores only problem with them is their money orders only go up to $300 so you have to get #2.

I'm near them.

Do you know what they charge per MO?

Hmmm. more than double the PO... could be real useful in a pinch though.

Have you ever tried a US Bank VGC there?

Edited by mec

When I get a hold of a US Bank VGC (someday) I will try one out at S&S report back.

Hi all,

I went to WM money center Thu to reload my GoBank card with a USBank VGC. I tried it twice and the cashier said it did not go through. They did not give me a receipt. No money posted to my GoBank account.

I checked the VGC balance today, and WM did actually remove the $500 from the card. So they are sitting on my $500.

What is the best way to get my money back from Walmart?

I'm guessing I have to go to customer service, show them the VGC, and have them trace the transaction and determine they took my money and never sent it to GoBank. Any other advice or experience?

Thanks in advance.

Is it pending or posted? If pending it may just fall off be itself.

It is posted as a purchase (not pending).

I went to WM and spoke to a manager at customer service (largely unhelpful, as expected). She did not investigate their store logs, but said the VGC should be refunded in 5-7 business days.

I am planning to give them 7 business days and see if the refund posts to the VGC.

Unless anyone else has a better suggestion. (Call Walmart corporate?)

US Bank has MGCs

Ok. I don't think I've ever seen one for sale... yet.

I guess I will have to test the Metabanks at S&S then.

Edited by mec

Where is the cheapest place to buy Visa cards?

I buy them at Walmart the fee is $4.94 that's the cheapest i have seen for a $500 variable load VGC.

I buy them at Walmart the fee is $4.94 that's the cheapest i have seen for a $500 variable load VGC.

Simon Mall, (3.95 variable load). :wave:

Only if i was near one. :wave:

Thank you...Bigpoppa cant you order them online?

Hi all,

I went to WM money center Thu to reload my GoBank card with a USBank VGC. I tried it twice and the cashier said it did not go through. They did not give me a receipt. No money posted to my GoBank account.

I checked the VGC balance today, and WM did actually remove the $500 from the card. So they are sitting on my $500.

What is the best way to get my money back from Walmart?

I'm guessing I have to go to customer service, show them the VGC, and have them trace the transaction and determine they took my money and never sent it to GoBank. Any other advice or experience?

Thanks in advance.

Is it pending or posted? If pending it may just fall off be itself.

It is posted as a purchase (not pending).

I went to WM and spoke to a manager at customer service (largely unhelpful, as expected). She did not investigate their store logs, but said the VGC should be refunded in 5-7 business days.

I am planning to give them 7 business days and see if the refund posts to the VGC.

Unless anyone else has a better suggestion. (Call Walmart corporate?)

That's exactly what they said to me. They didn't investigate grap and said the same thing and I called about 2times a day to check the balance on the card. It took right at 3-5 days and it was back on the card. I would give it the time frame you stated and if nothing happens go back up there. I'm going to WM today if my guy I know is there I'll ask him what dept. you would need to deal with. Hope that helps some. I know it sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

US Bank has MGCs

Kroger has US Bank MGC's, and I *think* Albertsons/Von's are USBank - but I avoid them because they're hackable. I've had USB MGC's drained twice before I got to WM - the second time, I bought the card in the evening and a hacker drained at 7:30 the next morning.

US Bank has MGCs

Kroger has US Bank MGC's, and I *think* Albertsons/Von's are USBank - but I avoid them because they're hackable. I've had USB MGC's drained twice before I got to WM - the second time, I bought the card in the evening and a hacker drained at 7:30 the next morning.

Kroger

Albertsons/Vons

Whole Foods

Sam's Club

Staples

Office Depot/Office Max

Sometimes CVS and Walgreens

Joined SC today online through Ebates. (+67 cents) with the new NFCU Flagship (still sporting the Cash Rewards shell) Stopped by the customer service desk on my way home to pick up the membership card and bought a Vanalla​ MC to break it in and start the training.

Got the 'transaction cancelled' message. Cashier wasn't phased and said remove your card and reinsert. Went through on the second insert without further incident.

Not too bumpy tonight.

US Bank has MGCs

Kroger

Albertsons/Vons

Whole Foods

Sam's Club

Staples

Office Depot/Office Max

Sometimes CVS and Walgreens

Heads-up on Albertsons/Vons and US Bank GC's -- In my local stores, there's a BIG (half aisle long) GC display of GiftCardMall GC's, which are Metabank, IIRC. In the front of the store, by customer service counter, I found a small end-cap display with US Bank GC's.

Where can I liquidate a Sunrise bank GF? First time I've had one that was issued from sunrise.

Walmart or a grocery store.

Where can I liquidate a Sunrise bank GF? First time I've had one that was issued from sunrise.

Tried using it at Walmart today and csr saw the GC and said no way. She claimed it's illegal to buy MO with GC.

Good thing that's not my regular Walmart.

Tried using it at Walmart today and csr saw the GC and said no way. She claimed it's illegal to buy MO with GC.

I have lost 2 of my local Walmarts in just the past 3weeks. Good thing going for me is I have literally 10 in a 15 mile radius. I did a 499.32 M/O at one that's not my regular and had no problem. Went back 2 days later and tried 1,000 and asked to see the cards. Walmarts policy clearly states that it has to be a pin based card with the word Debit on it. It says nothing at all having to have your name on it or it tied to a chk acct. That's what they kept telling me is it has to be tied to a checking account and that is not in there policy it's the CSR and they just got sent a email about g/c for m/o purchases stated not to do it!! I think it's just a matter of time before the system will not take it. Sucks

I have lost 2 of my local Walmarts in just the past 3weeks. Good thing going for me is I have literally 10 in a 15 mile radius. I did a 499.32 M/O at one that's not my regular and had no problem. Went back 2 days later and tried 1,000 and asked to see the cards. Walmarts policy clearly states that it has to be a pin based card with the word Debit on it. It says nothing at all having to have your name on it or it tied to a chk acct. That's what they kept telling me is it has to be tied to a checking account and that is not in there policy it's the CSR and they just got sent a email about g/c for m/o purchases stated not to do it!! I think it's just a matter of time before the system will not take it. Sucks

I wonder if it would be an issue with Simon cards that have your name embossed on them, even though they are still gift cards?

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MrsOKW
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines