I got another question I was looking for more places to buy VGCS. I stopped at Walgreens and they had Vanilla VGCS where do u drain them at do they work at Wal-Mart or grocery stores?

USPS

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to STOP asking stores questions and read this thread first.  

I've had no problems at a local grocery store (national chain) running both store-type gift cards as well as the V/MC/AXP gift cards and paying with American Express.  Granted, i was not doing it for

Vanilla. They work with serve at Family Dollar but not at Walmart.  I'll add that it is hit or miss on variable loads. My closest Walgreens only carries $200 VGC's. Another town away they have $50

I got another question I was looking for more places to buy VGCS. I stopped at Walgreens and they had Vanilla VGCS where do u drain them at do they work at Wal-Mart or grocery stores?

Come on man. You know they won't work at Walmart, or at least not in amounts over $50. Grocery stores are a mixed bag.
Actually I didn't K-MAN I have never used them before that's why I asked lol too bad I don't have a Simon Mall nearby.

Come on man. You know they won't work at Walmart, or at least not in amounts over $50. Grocery stores are a mixed bag.
Actually I didn't K-MAN I have never used them before that's why I asked lol too bad I don't have a Simon Mall nearby.

What about Macerich

I went to the grocery store to buy some VGCS just now this grocery bot always gives me a hard time. She asked for my DL and SSN and filled out a paper but it didn't say SAR on it. First time this happened.

Can you say "Identity Theft"? I'd be leery of giving my DL AND SSN to a liquor store cashier. -- or did she just ask you to provide a 9 digit number that looked like an SSN? (I'm partial to 886-75-3099 :) )

The second you avoid filling out CTR's or anything similiar you start violating laws.

Yes - but we're talking a grocery store here, not a bank. CFR-31-1010.3xx apply to financial institutions.

Edited by JeffeVerde

What about Macerich

Nope

I went to the grocery store to buy some VGCS just now this grocery bot always gives me a hard time. She asked for my DL and SSN and filled out a paper but it didn't say SAR on it. First time this happened.

Can you say "Identity Theft"? I'd be leery of giving my DL AND SSN to a liquor store cashier. -- or did she just ask you to provide a 9 digit number that looked like an SSN? (I'm partial to 886-75-3099 :) )

Would be funny if the liquor store cashier's name was Jenny.

I just dated myself..................................

It wasn't an SAR, ("Suspicious Activity Report").

It was probably the store's internal version of a MIL, ("Monetary Instrument Log").

Had you failed to fill out this form, (but completed a transaction for VGC purchase anyway), she would probably have filled out an SAR after you left, (which would have included all details of the transaction plus most likely a time/date stamped video/audio of the entire exchange).

As Konrad stated, best not to go there if you play this MS* game.

It was probably the store's internal version of a MIL, ("Monetary Instrument Log").

Had you failed to fill out this form, (but completed a transaction for VGC purchase anyway), she would probably have filled out an SAR after you left, (which would have included all details of the transaction plus most likely a time/date stamped video/audio of the entire exchange).

Why would it be best not to go there for "MS Game" ? What's the problem with having to fill out a SAR if your just MS and have nothing to hide? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why would it be best not to go there for "MS Game" ? What's the problem with having to fill out a SAR if your just MS and have nothing to hide? Just curious

I took it to mean best to not screw around and dodge paperwork or else you draw attention and suspicion. Nothing to hide, so why act guilty?

I took it to mean best to not screw around and dodge paperwork or else you draw attention and suspicion. Nothing to hide, so why act guilty?

Oh know I completely agree with you. I was referring Ryan

There are TR's and SAR's mainly in purchasing and liquidation. Transaction Records and Suspicious Activity Reports.

Different places have different names like Walmart has a gift card transaction report, the MOTR Money Order Transaction Report, and the MSAR Money Services Activity Report.

Moneygram has a report with checkboxes so the same form can be a CTR or an SAR, with CTR's being kept in the accounting office and SAR's being faxed to compliance or BSA or whatever.

How an SAR is filled out on you is the important part. There's a spot where the compiler makes comments. If there's no comments, then the report is pretty blah. But they look for things like "constantly purchases below CTR requirements" or "lowered his transaction amount when a CTR was requested" or "says his pot came out really good this run".

• 2 weeks later...

After millions worth of abuse, Capital One finally axed me. Lost my checking, savings, and $40k something line of credit. Lost half the values of 50k something points. Despite my lovely charisma on the phone, I got nowhere with frontline CSRs, underwriters, and executives.

Funny thing is, I'm really not that sad. Onto the next venture.

After millions worth of abuse, Capital One finally axed me. Lost my checking, savings, and $40k something line of credit. Lost half the values of 50k something points. Despite my lovely charisma on the phone, I got nowhere with frontline CSRs, underwriters, and executives.

Nice use of the lower case v.

3ce3fd46ba508235becf75ed5ed67ca8_-i-see-

I've been away for a few months and obviously I have a lot of reading to do! I'm starting at page 156 and working backwards.

I was at Walmart today and was going to pick up a GC and I was notified that I had to put it on a different transaction and it had to be cash or debit .

That took me off gaurd! I just smiled and said " Okay , well I left my debit card at home."

WTH

I've been away for a few months and obviously I have a lot of reading to do! I'm starting at page 156 and working backwards.

I was at Walmart today and was going to pick up a GC and I was notified that I had to put it on a different transaction and it had to be cash or debit .

That took me off gaurd! I just smiled and said " Okay , well I left my debit card at home."

WTH

It would seem WM is for liquidating not buying VGC.

Go to a grocery store or pharmacy to purchase VGC then use those at WM MoneyCenter to get an MO to deposit

WTH

It would seem WM is for liquidating not buying VGC.

Go to a grocery store or pharmacy to purchase VGC then use those at WM MoneyCenter to get an MO to deposit

I bought many VGCs from Walmart in the past but recently, I've been told that the transaction had to be cash or debit. Just happened again about a week ago but this time, the cashier said cash only. She said they change the rules every other day.

There are TR's and SAR's mainly in purchasing and liquidation. Transaction Records and Suspicious Activity Reports.

Different places have different names like Walmart has a gift card transaction report, the MOTR Money Order Transaction Report, and the MSAR Money Services Activity Report.

Moneygram has a report with checkboxes so the same form can be a CTR or an SAR, with CTR's being kept in the accounting office and SAR's being faxed to compliance or BSA or whatever.

How an SAR is filled out on you is the important part. There's a spot where the compiler makes comments. If there's no comments, then the report is pretty blah. But they look for things like "constantly purchases below CTR requirements" or "lowered his transaction amount when a CTR was requested" or "says his pot came out really good this run".

Went to Simon Mall recently and got 1 VGC just to test it out and everything went well. Stopped there again today and bought 2 but this time I was asked to complete and sign a form, she added my DL#, logged the transaction and had to call Mgr for approval.

Is that normal or should I keep the transactions to a minimum?

Funny thing, she asked why I was purchasing and I told her they were gifts. Then she said that most ppl mainly buy them there because they're maximizing CC points and its cheaper than going to CVS.

Went to Simon Mall recently and got 1 VGC just to test it out and everything went well. Stopped there again today and bought 2 but this time I was asked to complete and sign a form, she added my DL#, logged the transaction and had to call Mgr for approval.

Funny thing, she asked why I was purchasing and I told her they were gifts. Then she said that most ppl mainly buy them there because they're maximizing CC points and its cheaper than going to CVS.

Fill out the form (no big deal) and buy 10k (including fees) at a time.

On an entire level, there is no retailer more MS friendly than Simon Malls.

On an entire level, there is no retailer more MS friendly than Simon Malls.

I kinda got the impression they were MS friendly because she knew the game but I was thrown for a loop when I had to complete paperwork for such a small amount. Now I know. Thanks.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    DJUANCLAY

Important Information

Guidelines