M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

Is there a website that explains how to use the WalMart ATM machine to buy money orders using Visa GG. My serve upload will end April 15, and would like to try getting out of my comfort zone and try Walmart but not in the store. I break out in Cold Sweats just pulling into the parking lot.

The WM ATM is in the store. If you can find one that works for MO's it is self explanatory.

If there was absolutely no issue with msing, there would be no risk.

There is no risk so what are you talking about?
There are a bunch of people with missing Redbird funds from 2/25 who would beg to differ.

There are a bunch of people with missing Redbird funds from 2/25 who would beg to differ.

First I have heard of this

Going to need a little more details than that.

Anyone considering M$ing the Wyndham card now that they're going with flat 15k redemptions? 2x everywhere and getting 2 cents per point seems pretty doable, from the little searching I've done. Truly aspirational redemptions seem limited to non-existent though.

There was a system glitch. Persistent people pushed through it and managed to get their funds sent to never-never-land. CC charged, Redbird not loaded. Amex has credited a few, but others are still floating. Redbird CS is nearly useless.

There was a system glitch. Persistent people pushed through it and managed to get their funds sent to never-never-land. CC charged, Redbird not loaded. Amex has credited a few, but others are still floating. Redbird CS is nearly useless.

I sincerely doubt this is true

That is certainly your right.

They should have Target fix the problem.

The problem was with Amex. All of the Serve systems were down most of the day. I didn't try loading, but couldn't log in.

The problem was with Amex. All of the Serve systems were down most of the day. I didn't try loading, but couldn't log in.

Did the receipt show the correct balance after the load? If it didn't then Targets is the way to go.

Is there a website that explains how to use the WalMart ATM machine to buy money orders using Visa GG. My serve upload will end April 15, and would like to try getting out of my comfort zone and try Walmart but not in the store. I break out in Cold Sweats just pulling into the parking lot.

In addition to the $1K CC load, I assume that you've also been loading $5K in VGCs via the Walmart MC ATM.

No, the Walmart I went to in Los Angeles didn't have a ATM Machine and there were 23 people in Line at the service center and 1 clerk. I found another A Walmart ATM 20 miles from me, so another try is in order

In addition to the $1K CC load, I assume that you've also been loading $5K in VGCs via the Walmart MC ATM.

No, the Walmart I went to in Los Angeles didn't have a ATM Machine and there were 23 people in Line at the service center and 1 clerk. I found another A Walmart ATM 20 miles from me, so another try is in order

FYI: You can only load 1999 in ten minutes at the ATM. Anything more will lock up the ATM.

FYI: You can only load 1999 in ten minutes at the ATM. Anything more will lock up the ATM.
Kinda seems like my Texas Instruments calculator has more computing power then Kate does.

so much angst in this thread....

kind of a pubescent volatility...

I'm 16 and I'm angry at my father syndrome...

A lot of the regulars are very..... witty? quirky? defensive? aggressive? I don't know what word I would choose, but I can see how it would irritate those who are not used to internet message boards.

Getting your cards closed or FR'd.

Edited by CreditNewb15

If you want to nitpick, have at it.

You know the point I was trying to make, which is why I insinuated you just wanted to be difficult.

No, I really don't understand the point you're trying to make. You keep making A=B inferences that completely elude me - like "If there was absolutely no issue with msing, there would be no risk". The stock market is absolutely risky - does that mean there's an "issue" with stocks?

CC companies offer rewards to incent card use - card use generates swipe fees - swipe fees are item-agnostic, the CC company gets the same fee whether it's gift cards or gefilte fish. The CC companies would probably like it if we were also carrying balances and paying late fees - but for most informed credit users, that's not going to happen whether they're ms'ing or not.

hqdefault.jpg

You may lose a gift card. Buy a gift card that has been skimmed for fraud. Lose a recently opened credit line that will only report for 2 months because the creditor shut you down. Get robbed because you are seen buying thousands in gift cards. It also comes down to the way it's viewed in the eyes of the ms'er.

I think what you meant to say is that there is very minimal risk in this.

This did happen... check flyertalk thread on redbird.

Important Information

Guidelines