M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

Have a checking account closed will stop you from getting a job? Would they even know?

If I had it closed with that bank, they would have records.

Would it definitely keep me from getting it? I can't be sure. Seems silly to me to burn bridges with someone I may be wanting to work for in the future though. That's why I'm thinking maybe an online bank that has no physical presence... KC isn't exactly a hit he'd for that type of institution.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Have a checking account closed will stop you from getting a job? Would they even know?

If I had it closed with that bank, they would have records.

Would it definitely keep me from getting it? I can't be sure. Seems silly to me to burn bridges with someone I may be wanting to work for in the future though. That's why I'm thinking maybe an online bank that has no physical presence... KC isn't exactly a hit he'd for that type of institution.

LOL-

There's gotta be 50 banks and cu's in Kansas City and probably even more across the bridge.

No doubt. That doesn't change that I may want to work for one of them some day. I'm going to take the plunge, but don't want to burn any bridges in the process.

So how do you like the pulled pork sandwiches at Danny Edwards?
It's one of my favorite places. There's another place called SLAPs that I prefer, but Blvd bbq is so good.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Attention all HyVee shoppers...

I was in HyVee this morning and I bought $4k in VGCs. I always go to the customer service counter to buy, and as the manager was ringing me up she grabbed a stack of HyVee gift cards and started scanning them. I asked what they were for, and she said their weekly ad says you get one $10 HyVee GC for every $100 in gift cards purchased. I ended up w/ $400 in HyVee gift cards in addition to my $4k in VGCs. Merry Christmas!

I'll call this more of a speed surprise than a speed bump.

I was in HyVee this morning and I bought $4k in VGCs. I always go to the customer service counter to buy, and as the manager was ringing me up she grabbed a stack of HyVee gift cards and started scanning them. I asked what they were for, and she said their weekly ad says you get one $10 HyVee GC for every $100 in gift cards purchased. I ended up w/ $400 in HyVee gift cards in addition to my $4k in VGCs. Merry Christmas!

I've never seen a HyVee but that's 10% cash back. Depending on your normal grocery spend, I'd be loading up on that offer.

I've never seen a HyVee but that's 10% cash back. Depending on your normal grocery spend, I'd be loading up on that offer.

You'd like Hy-Vee.

There's a helpful smile in every aisleTM

You'd like Hy-Vee.

There's a helpful smile in every aisleTM

I'd max out my garbage Walmart MC and DCU Visa cards at HyVee for 10% cash back (depending on the T&C's/restrictions of the bonus gift cards)

That's a fluke. Every year they have this and I have only gotten one $10 card for each $500 card I buy.

Still covers they fees. You are lucky my friend.

That's a fluke. Every year they have this and I have only gotten one $10 card for each $500 card I buy.

Hopefully you guys maxing out every point/mile card you have here. Like I said, I'd even max out my garbage cards in Randy's case.

Hopefully you guys maxing out every point/mile card you have here. Like I said, I'd even max out my garbage cards in Randy's case.

I'm going to stop in on my way home from the office. As well as again tomorrow am. I'll report back w/ results...

No doubt. That doesn't change that I may want to work for one of them some day. I'm going to take the plunge, but don't want to burn any bridges in the process.

So how do you like the pulled pork sandwiches at Danny Edwards?
It's one of my favorite places. There's another place called SLAPs that I prefer, but Blvd bbq is so good.

Damn. I missed SLAPs. DE's Blvd had some of the best pulled pork I've ever had so if there's something better in KC in bummed i missed it.

I've hit AB's, Jack Stacks, DE's Blvd, Q39 and Woodyard (? Across the river in KS)

I'm going to stop in on my way home from the office. As well as again tomorrow am. I'll report back w/ results...

I went back to Hy-Vee this morning. Same manager was working the customer service counter. I bought another $5k in VGCs, and she gave me another 50 $10 Hy-Vee gift cards. I actually read the ad while she was ringing me up. It says you get $10 in Hy-Vee gift cards for every $100 worth of gift cards purchased. And Meta VGCs are listed among the eligible cards, so I don't think she made a mistake. The ad runs through 12/20, so I'll be back a few more times. What a deal, not going to complain about free groceries...

Important Information

Guidelines