M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

Went to Walgreens to buy $1,000 in Vanilla's. A low level manager matched my ID to my CC. Then (as usual), they had no idea how the bonus $5 WG GC worked. So they called over the manager's boss. The big boss said that ONLY SHE can verify my ID and CC and nobody else. Then she asked if the CC was personal or business. I told her personal, and she wrote down my name, ID number, and that my card was personal. After that everything went through. I was about to leave and I heard her explaining to the employees that now she needs to give my info to the store manager so that he/she can call asset protection and give them my info.

That was odd. To be honest I was kind of mad, but whatever.

Oh yeah, she actually wrote that my card was Chase - personal. Not just personal.

Edited by pwd847

25 minutes in line at WM today. One CSR working. I may have to start visiting in the middle of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually I go after 8pm, and I'm the only person in CS. But with all the Christmas shopping returns, the CS counter at my WM has had a line even at 9:55pm

25 minutes in line at WM today. One CSR working. I may have to start visiting in the middle of the night.

Usually I go after 8pm, and I'm the only person in CS. But with all the Christmas shopping returns, the CS counter at my WM has had a line even at 9:55pm

Christmas time last year early morning was the best time.

Walgreens is normally 500 max per day so you did good.

He should pummel that store for as much as they will give him everyday until corporate gives that location a scolding ;) I was buying $3K/day at one for a good month or so, actually $6K because wife was using AU card with same numbers.

Got a nice, short and sweet little letter in the mail from US Bank stating that, per the terms of my deposit agreement, they've decided to close my acct. I only opened this acct to deposit MOs, so no great loss. It currently has a 0 balance so I called and closed it today. Always good advice to keep your M$ activity away from your main baking relationships. I think I'll try TCF next.

Got a nice, short and sweet little letter in the mail from US Bank stating that, per the terms of my deposit agreement, they've decided to close my acct. I only opened this acct to deposit MOs, so no great loss. It currently has a 0 balance so I called and closed it today. Always good advice to keep your MS activity away from your main baking relationships. I think I'll try TCF next.

What terms did you violate?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Got a nice, short and sweet little letter in the mail from US Bank stating that, per the terms of my deposit agreement, they've decided to close my acct. I only opened this acct to deposit MOs, so no great loss. It currently has a 0 balance so I called and closed it today. Always good advice to keep your MS activity away from your main baking relationships. I think I'll try TCF next.

Probably not using account for intended purpose. Generic BS since they don't want to deal with MO deposits.

Got a nice, short and sweet little letter in the mail from US Bank stating that, per the terms of my deposit agreement, they've decided to close my acct. I only opened this acct to deposit MOs,

Were you depositing teller, ATM or mobile?

Always teller, about $3-4k at a time.

I used my debit card exactly one time, to get my acct opening bonus.

Only other transactions were MO deposits that were then pulled to another bank or to CC issuer a day or two after deposit. Acct was opened in May of this year.

He should pummel that store for as much as they will give him everyday until corporate gives that location a scolding ;) I was buying $3K/day at one for a good month or so, actually $6K because wife was using AU card with same numbers.

Those cards are to expensive for me to do any real volume, unless i use my doublecash card and redeem the GC fees every month with earned CB.

Edited by pwd847

Those cards are to expensive for me to do any real volume, unless i use my doublecash card and redeem the GC fees every month with earned CB.

Get an OBC

Probably not using account for intended purpose. Generic BS since they don't want to deal with MO deposits.
The banking situation is what has kept me from diving into m$. I work in banking, and the last thing I want is to end up not able to get a job somewhere because of this. Maybe an online bank would work.

Got call Friday from USAA compliance dept about my money order deposits. He wanted to know the reason for the deposits. I told him the truth, to maximize rewards on my credit cards. He said oh your chasing credit card points, my brother does the same thing and flew to Australia for free.

I asked him if i should stop or moderate he said no, we understand and support accounts for this purpose.

Good times!

Edited by HeatFan2015

Got call Friday from USAA compliance dept about my money order deposits. He wanted to know the reason for the deposits. I told him the truth, to maximize rewards on my credit cards. He said oh your chasing credit card points, my brother does the same thing and flew to Australia for free.

I asked him if i should stop or moderate he said no, we understand and support accounts for this purpose.

Good times!

How were you depositing the MOs? Through the app or through ATMs?

Good times!

How were you depositing the MOs? Through the app or through ATMs?

App

Important Information

Guidelines