• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to STOP asking stores questions and read this thread first.  

I've had no problems at a local grocery store (national chain) running both store-type gift cards as well as the V/MC/AXP gift cards and paying with American Express.  Granted, i was not doing it for

Vanilla. They work with serve at Family Dollar but not at Walmart.  I'll add that it is hit or miss on variable loads. My closest Walgreens only carries $200 VGC's. Another town away they have $50

Thanks CreditNewb15. I think I'd be safe getting VGC from office supply stores, but I'm concerned more about $500 VGC from grocery stores or Simon Malls.

Simon is my main source. Hit many a signup spend on Amex and others there.

I'm over 5/24, so I can't get in w/ Chase. My wife is not, so she's going to app for a C$R. If I get an AU card, can I M$ that card to meet her minimum spend requirement? She's not big on M$ herself, but is happy to share in the rewards we reap when I do it.

I'm over 5/24, so I can't get in w/ Chase. My wife is not, so she's going to app for a C$R. If I get an AU card, can I M$ that card to meet her minimum spend requirement? She's not big on M$ herself, but is happy to share in the rewards we reap when I do it.

Yes

Keep in mind

Yes

Keep in mind there is a $75 annual fee for the AU card.

Keep in mind

Yes

And you can probably just add it to your apple wallet or google pay. No one looks at the sig or name on chip card anyway.

Keep in mind

Yes

And you can probably just add it to your apple wallet or google pay. No one looks at the sig or name on chip card anyway.

If you are M$ing that in not necessarily true.

They are liable to check it CVS, Walgreens, grocery stores, Staples, OM/OD. You are going to have to physically hand the card to mall employees to run the transaction. Etc Etc.

Edited by Konrad2012

Keep in mind

Yes

They are liable to check it CVS, Walgreens, grocery stores, Staples, OM/OD. You are going to have to physically hand the card to mall employees to run the transaction. Etc Etc.

I agree. The grocery store chain I frequent on my M$ route likes to make sure the name on my card and DL match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that most stores around town take chip, more employees are asking for ID when swiped with non-chipped debit. Ugh!

My first real $MS hiccup. Friday i bought few groceries and 1 500 vgc at kroger self check out with cap1 QS, like I've done many times before, terminal showed transaction completed, then error came up something like "give refund, charge incomplete ". Manager came over ( i was very nice), said we can void the transaction which i agreed, then the terminal froze.

They couldn't track down the transaction, it did show pending, then posted on cap1 today, I'm guessing I'll go back to Kroger and see if they can track it down today, they kept gift card and groceries , they said they checked the vgc and it showed 0.

If Kroger can't fix it guess I'll have to dispute with cap1. Any idea's? I did take a pic of the frozen terminal screen. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Not my finest hour compared to Staples which I can walk to. The closest SM is 12 minutes away, but a mall I never go to because it is too high end and I forgot to turn tolls off the gps so I paid $1.50 to get there and had to pay $1.50 to get back because I was too late to try a no toll route. Also I had no idea one has to fill out paperwork. Does that depend on the amount? Is there any recommended number to stay under or number of cards to use?

I had to fill out paperwork too, but was happy to do it. I'd rather fill out paperwork and have someone not bat an eye at buying $8500 worth of VGC in a shot than have a Kroger clerk look at me like I'm a criminal for buying 2 $500 cards.

A little bit off topic, but I'd like to know if anyone had similar experience with giftcardmall.com

I placed an order 1x $500 vgc thru ebates. Paid with my qs 1.5% cb. Ebates offer 1%. All together 2.5 % cb. Sweet. This is the first time I'm buying from them. Everything went smooth, but ten minutes later they sent me an email stating order cancellation in the review process by their second level security team.

I honestly have no idea why. I appreciate your opinions.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    elev8Life

Important Information

Guidelines