That depends on the gc. Some have it in the package. Some you create at frst use. Some you call to add. Some has none at all. That's why it depends on which brand and which ones you got. Only specific ones can be used for our purpose. And if your trying to use it at wlmart to get MO then it has to have pin as it has to process as a debit card.

Ok, understood. Its a Simon VISA GC.

Would I be correct in saying the PIN for this card is the last 4 digits?

What does it say on the card, or the documentation that was supplied with the card?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to STOP asking stores questions and read this thread first.  

I've had no problems at a local grocery store (national chain) running both store-type gift cards as well as the V/MC/AXP gift cards and paying with American Express.  Granted, i was not doing it for

Vanilla. They work with serve at Family Dollar but not at Walmart.  I'll add that it is hit or miss on variable loads. My closest Walgreens only carries $200 VGC's. Another town away they have $50

Bought my first VGC today... Yea.

@Kroger (US Bank purple/gray) $475, $5.95 fee (paid fee w/cash). Cashier didn't ask for ID.

One question - There were no instructions for pin activation. Just said I could register online, if I wanted to. Yes, it's a debit card. How do these particular cards work, pin wise?

TIA

@Kroger (US Bank purple/gray) $475, $5.95 fee (paid fee w/cash). Cashier didn't ask for ID.

One question - There were no instructions for pin activation. Just said I could register online, if I wanted to. Yes, it's a debit card. How do these particular cards work, pin wise?

TIA

Because the pin is inside the packaging

Why pay the fee in cash and forgo rewards on that amount?

Edited by Konrad2012

TIA

Chit... if it were a snake. I didn't notice the extra white flap on the inside... thanks.

Idk, I guess I was being paranoid. Didn't want the fee on my receipt. Same reason for the $475 :blush: lol

TIA

Congrats on buying your first VGC :wave:

I have yet to buy one myself.

Once I find a source to get MO's, I'll get myself an INK and swipe away. :)

TIA

Congrats on buying your first VGC :wave:

I have yet to buy one myself.

Haha... Thanks.

You are on DDF correct? Most of them are from NY/NJ and are buying MO's. Have tried leaving the house to get a MO?

I am on DDF.

I realize it's very much possible to do EVEN in NYC.

I was just making excuses before and no reason that I can't do it if everyone else is.

Gotta get out and just get it done.

I've tried to change my attitude in a positive way.

TIA

Chit... if it were a snake. I didn't notice the extra white flap on the inside... thanks.

Idk, I guess I was being paranoid. Didn't want the fee on my receipt. Same reason for the $475 :blush: lol

I don't know what you're going to do with it, but if it ever involves Walmart make sure to get the USB VGC's like you got and not the USB MGC's.

Kongrats, you are now officially more advanced at M$ than TheRealCappyFromCB

I don't know what you're going to do with it, but if it ever involves Walmart make sure to get the USB VGC's like you got and not the USB MGC's.

Any GC's I buy in the future, will be of the same type I purchased last night. I remember reading about the MGC's here in the past.

My plan is to try Kate, and have mapped out a few of those locations you suggested to me a LONG time ago ;)

Any GC's I buy in the future, will be of the same type I purchased last night. I remember reading about the MGC's here in the past.

My plan is to try Kate, and have mapped out a few of those locations you suggested to me a LONG time ago ;)

Do you still have Kates? Every one within an hour drive of me was replaced last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you still have Kates? Every one within an hour drive of me was replaced last month.

It was there last week. I'm going there tonight, will let you know later.

You can get Kroger VGC's and drain at Walmart. And if your Walmart codes correctly you can get Walmart VGC'S and drain at Kroger (assuming the Kroger sells MO's and is friendly).

You can get Kroger VGC's and drain at Walmart. And if your Walmart codes correctly you can get Walmart VGC'S and drain at Kroger (assuming the Kroger sells MO's and is friendly).

Thanks.

It's been awhile, but the last time I checked for VGC's at Walmart, I couldn't find the right ones. Maybe they hide them somewhere :dntknw: My Kroger sells MO's... I was told, "I just need a pin".

Lucky for you. All the Kroger locations near me stopped accepting VGCs for MOs.

At least you are not banned.
Albertsons/MoneyGram teamed up to ban me at the locations I hit heavy, and as I worked my way out they had proactively implemented cash-only or no gift card policies. The $200 cards from OM's deals last year sealed it for me. Edited by Konrad2012

Lucky for you. All the Kroger locations near me stopped accepting VGCs for MOs.

At least you are not banned.
Albertsons/MoneyGram teamed up to ban me at the locations I hit heavy, and as I worked my way out they had proactively implemented cash-only or no gift card policies. The $200 cards from OM's deals last year sealed it for me.

I was just buying 2k/day GC's. No funny business. No multiple trips or stores.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    elev8Life

Important Information

Guidelines