M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

I am going for an mba, does not mean I care about my grammatical "correctness" in a forum

I personally enjoy annoying people with some grammar errors

"Lets eat Grandma"

"Let's eat, Grandma"

Grammar saves lives

It also ruins them

I am going for an mba, does not mean I care about my grammatical "correctness" in a forum

"Lets eat Grandma"

"Let's eat, Grandma"

Grammar saves lives

I could not careless!

I couldn't careless!

"Lets eat Grandma"

"Let's eat, Grandma"

Grammar saves lives

I could not careless!

I couldn't careless!

"I could care less" is a peeve of mine

them-"I could care less"

me- "Ahh, so you do care"

them- "No! I said I could care less!"

me- "My point exactly"

them- "%@#)! #*&% @#$)@&!!!"

:grin:

"Lets eat Grandma"

"Let's eat, Grandma"

Grammar saves lives

I could not careless!

I couldn't careless!

"I could care less" is a peeve of mine

them-"I could care less"

me- "Ahh, so you do care"

them- "No! I said I could care less!"

me- "My point exactly"

them- "%@#)! #*&% @#$)@&!!!"

:grin:

we have a winner! :wave:

Take this from a Target Employee. Whenever we see someone loading a large amount of money to a Gift Card (Especially a Visa/MC/Amex one) we notify the in-store Loss Prevention, who collects video of the person.

We're actually required to inform AP (Loss Prevention) and enforce the limits (depending on the state) to prevent money laundering, and much more commonly Credit Card Fraud.

I can't tell you how many... salamanders. we have, will swipe 5-6 cards... and they'll all decline for a gift card. And this is typically after they have already bought 3-4 other gift cards in the same trip, spread across two cards or so.

As for AP. I know (personally) their forwarding video of people buying large reloads & gift cards, to our neighboring stores. Why? Typically someone committing card fraud, will not hit one, but 3/4 or even 5 Target stores in one afternoon. While they (AP) can't do anything in the moment without a lot of information, they do have the ability to slow them down, and make it harder for 'em to purchase gift cards.

If you guys aren't hitting up Target stores, ignore this. But, if you guys are running from one target store to another.... I can tell you, you're bringing a lot of attention to yourself. I'll leave it at that.

Edit - As far as I can tell you're not committing any crime with this. However... you've got to keep in mind, people don't come in and just purchase large gift cards, esp, in the thousands of dollars. It's very rare. And it makes people wonder... (even me)... what is this guy up to?

I posted this... because, I wanted you guys to know. Hey, big brother, perhaps, knows somewhat, of what is going on. They don't know the specifics, they just don't think what you're doing seems right, and are suspicious.

Edited by Mitch19

Konrad's going to be disappointed that the last several posts of his thread are about Capital One. I'm sure this wasn't what he had in mind with this thread... :blush:

oopsie

2 percent miles is not bag when you know how to convert them into cash
Hahaha.

I received my Cap One Spark yesterday. Activated it and immediately ran a legitimate business invoice. (MOAB would be proud! )

$500 cash bonus PLUS $140 for the spend (Notice the distinction NateDogg).

Took two minutes. $640. Not hating on Cap One at this moment.

Sweet!!!! A $640 bonus!!! :rofl:
What's the hourly on that... $19,200?
I should quit my job...er uh wait that was my job.

Actually my business partner in that business was using some WF card with no rewards...and usually writing checks for everything. I talked to him about credit card rewards and he said it "wasn't worth it". (The only thing worth it to him is Tequila). End of discussion.

I've shifted everything that doesn't ding us with a premium over to CC pay...CC's that I get the points/miles/cash from. To the tune of $20K / mo, sometimes more.

peewee_tequila_dance.png

Taking about legitimate business spend in an M$ thread seems counter-intuitive. But just to keep THAT guy quiet who thinks they are mutually exclusive I guess I'll post about it to counteract his infantile viewpoint

Where did that guy go anyway? MS is my business model and I was thinking he could give me some tips. :rofl:

Meh

Big brother can know all they want, they can ask the specifics, doesn't matter if it seems right, be suspicious all they want, as you said, not illegal.

I agree. The only thing I care about is my CC's getting shutdown, and getting beat up by the Chicago police.

Edited by pwd847

Take this from a Target Employee. Whenever we see someone loading a large amount of money to a Gift Card (Especially a Visa/MC/Amex one) we notify the in-store Loss Prevention, who collects video of the person.

<snip>

I posted this... because, I wanted you guys to know. Hey, big brother, perhaps, knows somewhat, of what is going on. They don't know the specifics, they just don't think what you're doing seems right, and are suspicious.

Thanks Mitch. More information is always a good thing. As others have posted - what's being discussed here is not illegal, and not even against any service agreement rules. But you are right - it is unusual, and to a security person, anything that looks different is bad.

<snip>

Thanks Mitch. More information is always a good thing. As others have posted - what's being discussed here is not illegal, and not even against any service agreement rules. But you are right - it is unusual, and to a security person, anything that looks different is bad.

Thanks for the info. ..I only loaded 15k instead of 20K because of this invaluable info

<snip>

Thanks for the info. ..I only loaded 15k instead of 20K because of this invaluable info

Just got back for a 40k spree. Will I be on YouTube? :rofl:

I am aware as to why people M$.. but I think it might resemble putting money through a washing machine and that would draw attention to yourself.

This is the sort of attention that I wouldn't want. Seems like a lot of risk to me....

and a lot of the credit card terms have a line on them that could prohibit people from M$ - as it falls under spending money for the sole purpose of gaining rewards.

Just got a Chase Freedom card with such a stipulation.

and a lot of the credit card terms have a line on them that could prohibit people from M$ - as it falls under spending money for the sole purpose of gaining rewards.

That seems new, any link?

Geez, haven't even got my permanent card in the mail yet and already hit a speed bump at my nearest Target, plenty of Targets around though.

In Target today (Illinois) behind someone attempting to load a RedBird

Cashier 1: huh, what's that.

Cashier 2: nope, we don't sell them and we won't load them.

Customer: I paid $5 dollars to load at ANY Target.

Cashier 1: huh, what's that, I'm stupider than I thought.

Cashier 2: our manager got us all together and told us no loading.

Customer: may I speak with manager, the card feature is load anywhere. Please show me written policy

Left with cashier 2 to explore further.

I will be interested to pursue this manager/store policy in a week or so and will post updates if any.

Geez, haven't even got my permanent card in the mail yet and already hit a speed bump at my nearest Target, plenty of Targets around though.

Customer: may I speak with manager, the card feature is load anywhere. Please show me written policy

I will be interested to pursue this manager/store policy in a week or so and will post updates if any.

All for a refund of the card fee lol

Don't make a big deal out of it. Just say OK and go to another Target.

I'm in Chicago and the customer service desk seems to know what to do. Just make sure they know it is the prepaid card and that you aren't paying your regular target store CC bill.

Also the times of day that I go in to load, the customer service desk doesn't have a line. It's kinda weird doing 3 separate transactions with 5 people standing behind you at the regular checkout lanes.

Just got my second card yesterday however I'm not going to be using it too much till I pick up some more rewards cards on this upcoming app spree.

That seems new, any link?

It might be an amendment. It's not mentioned in the current Chase freedom agreement, but I can see Chase and Citi prohibiting that type of transaction. Not sure why they hate it so much, but they have both been fined/investigated/prosecuted for money laundering, so the prohibition could tie into that. Idk.

https://www.chase.com/content/feed/public/creditcards/cma/Chase/COL00055.pdf

Edit - As far as I can tell you're not committing any crime with this. However... you've got to keep in mind, people don't come in and just purchase large gift cards, esp, in the thousands of dollars. It's very rare. And it makes people wonder... (even me)... what is this guy up to?

I'm not really sure anybody here is discussing purchasing thousands of dollars in gift cards from Target or having their credit cards declined for GC purchases.

Edited by almostanonymous

Edit - As far as I can tell you're not committing any crime with this. However... you've got to keep in mind, people don't come in and just purchase large gift cards, esp, in the thousands of dollars. It's very rare. And it makes people wonder... (even me)...

I'm not really sure anybody here is discussing purchasing thousands of dollars in gift cards from Target or having their credit cards declined for GC purchases.

I could see people that have a properly coded card doing GC purchases at Target, especially if they don't have multiple Redbirds.

And if Mitch is in this thread, why would large GC purchases seem weird? Especially since the GC's are only good in the US? If they worked overseas I could see an issue for skirting currency transport stipulations. Since they are purchased with a credit card, they are traceable from origin to final destination.

Edit - As far as I can tell you're not committing any crime with this. However... you've got to keep in mind, people don't come in and just purchase large gift cards, esp, in the thousands of dollars. It's very rare. And it makes people wonder... (even me)...

I could see people that have a properly coded card doing GC purchases at Target, especially if they don't have multiple Redbirds.

And if Mitch is in this thread, why would large GC purchases seem weird? Especially since the GC's are only good in the US? If they worked overseas I could see an issue for skirting currency transport stipulations. Since they are purchased with a credit card, they are traceable from origin to final destination.

+1

I'm paying for some right now. Same time, same place, same person every Monday.

Important Information

Guidelines