Sign in to follow this  
chris288

Help with Experian Dispute process... they sent the same response!!!

I started disputing back in December a dismissed Chapt 13 BK that is over 5 years old on my Experian report. So I had wrote the dispute letter, Certified Mail Request Receipt.

Within the time frame they responded with the dispute response (and actually didn't dispute all of the items requested, but did say they verified my full name, address, SSN). All said was verified and they did not remove the item. They did put a security alert on my file though. They are so thoughtful!! LOL

So my next step was to send the MOV letter I found on here. So I hand wrote the letter, sent my SS card and DL in again Certifed, Receipt Request etc. Let them know the 15 day requirement.

I just received their response to the MOV this week (they barely made the 15 day cut off)

The response was the usual standard letter that states they had already disputed the item I am requesting to dispute again. It states "We are responding to your request to verify items on your personal credit report. We have previously processed this dispute and credit grantor has verified its accuracy. It says we will not Re-investigate the same dispute again at this time.

So basically they did not even read the MOV request or didn't care as the second letter was an MOV letter and not a Dispute letter. Their response was to a dispute letter.

What should I do next? Should I send the Intent to Sue letter? Should I resend the MOV letter since they never really responded to it? Does the 15day response to the MOV come into play here and they must remove the item because it was the incorrect response and past the time frame?

Should I call them or keep sending certified mail letters? I am just stuck and do not know what would be the best approach next to get this removed?

Thanks for any help here to anyone.

The date is incorrect and the address. I want them to update the date because it will shorten the cycle or just go ahead and delete it. They also have my address wrong as well. I would rather have them delete it, but the date is most important.

I have been following instructions on here but am kinda stuck now and don't know what is the correct next step

I'm not really sure what you should try next. Possibly try disputing one more time and being very specific about what is incorrect and include proof if you have it. Or, if or when you're done disputing with the CRAs, you can read up on the 623 letter and give that a try.

Experian can be very obtuse.

The date is incorrect and the address. I want them to update the date because it will shorten the cycle or just go ahead and delete it. They also have my address wrong as well. I would rather have them delete it, but the date is most important.

I have been following instructions on here but am kinda stuck now and don't know what is the correct next step

If you chip away at enough things, they usually eventually fall off.

Write back to Equifax, Certified Mail, Return Receipt requested and ask them to tell you how they verified your information. Ask them to provide you with as much detail as possible. There is a thread on here some where about how to get a bankruptcy deleted and it really does work. They can't really verify the bankruptcy because they don't have the social security number. The court won't release that to anyone. So if the address is completely different, just dispute it as not accurate. If it is the same address then I'd consider getting a ups box, a new drivers license, updating all cards and accounts to the new address, wait six weeks then dispute again but if you go this route make sure you get the new address on your credit report and get the old address off.

My recommendation would be to file a CFPB complaint against Experian. If you have doncumented proof of the inaccuracies you can upload them. Experian claims to have verified information that is incorrect. That is an easy win via CFPB if you have proof.

Thanks to everyone for the advice here. I requested details when I sent the MOV about verifying full name, address , SS number as well as the incorrect dates.

It's like they totally ignored the MOV that I had written BTW.

I will have to read up on the 623. I also thought about sending another letter to the executive At Experian explaining what happened. Would that garner a better response.

Thanks again for all the advice. I just don't want to screw up at this point.