Sign in to follow this  
datbol

Question about Auto Lease

I did an auto lease with VW back in January and ever since the dealership has been stalling me with the registration of my vehicle. I called the VW leasing and have been making payments etc. But I do notice someone looking on my business' website and other information associated to me from VW credit (web analytics). I did a trade-in and rolled negative equity in the lease but I am wondering if they are trying to find a way to cancel the deal (I gave a downpayment and have been making timely payments)? I also noticed a soft-inquiry on my credit report titled "Collection" so that made me curious. Anybody have any ideas?

You have an account # from the approving lender?

Yes I do have an account # and have made 2 payments (including a substantial downpayment)

So the deal is done and funded at that point.

So the car has not been registered?

The dealership is not registering the vehicle. They have issued me another 45 day temporary sticker.

It could be a delay in getting it registered from the county - the last one I had done I had to get another temp sticker.

Not sure how that would work in states like MA where they don't have temp plates and you need to register right away. You would just pay for months and not have the car I guess!

They are deliberately delaying the registration. Initially they wanted me to give them a license from the county I live in ( I have registered cars in my business name prior with just a registration from the Secretary of State). Then once the county confirmed it wasn't necessary now they are saying they submitted it to the State. After contacting the State, the state has confirmed they have not received anything from the dealership. Now VW Credit is doing some unofficial prying in which I called them for help in getting the registration done and then now they are asking me questions about my business. I am just not sure where they are going with delaying registration and wanted to know if there is a way for them to unwind the deal after they paid off my trade-in and accepted payments that I have been on time with maybe due to sellers remorse? The only reason I could think of is the negative equity I rolled into the lease.

They are deliberately delaying the registration. Initially they wanted me to give them a license from the county I live in ( I have registered cars in my business name prior with just a registration from the Secretary of State). Then once the county confirmed it wasn't necessary now they are saying they submitted it to the State. After contacting the State, the state has confirmed they have not received anything from the dealership. Now VW Credit is doing some unofficial prying in which I called them for help in getting the registration done and then now they are asking me questions about my business. I am just not sure where they are going with delaying registration and wanted to know if there is a way for them to unwind the deal after they paid off my trade-in and accepted payments that I have been on time with maybe due to sellers remorse? The only reason I could think of is the negative equity I rolled into the lease.

No, more then likely there was an error in the paperwork or the deal hasn't funded yet. At our store, we do NOT CVR(register) special finance deals until they fund(usually 7-10days). Perhaps they couldn't get the deal funded, but if you have an account number it should be??

So the lender is taking payments without funding the loan? That seems highly unlikely and possibly illegal.

Has your traded in car been paid off?

The dealer certainly would NOT want to have the deal roll back after doing that, because they would end up losing what was paid to cover the negative equity.

Edited by mk_378

I have similar situations happen to me all the time. Florida is an ELT state, but every customer knows more than I do about transferring a tag and how much it costs.

I have one right now that (after the fact) decided they wanted the vehicle title to a "living trust". That's not how they completed the application, nor how they signed the paperwork. They decided they would write to the CEO of the mfg co.

They have already been making payments and I have been funded on the deal. But that's just one isolated instance.