Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Virgin America Card

The last post in this topic was posted 1930 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Anyone have this card? I'm interested in the free bags and the fact that I hear good things about flying VA. Just wondering what others who have the card have experienced.

Anyone have this card? I'm interested in the free bags and the fact that I hear good things about flying VA. Just wondering what others who have the card have experienced.

I don't have the card, but I did enjoy flying VA the one and only time they had a non-stop flight with a decent schedule on a route I wanted to fly.

Make sure they go where you do, or there really is no point.

I like flying with Virgin America and looked into - but did not yet pull the trigger on - the card.

What I like about the cards is that in addition to the free bag, you get a $150 annual voucher for a companion ticket. If you get the $50 annual fee card that puts you $100 ahead. If you get the $159 annual fee card you break even.

The $150 annual fee card is great because you are not hit with cancelation fees if you cancel the trip. Great perk if your schedule is open to change - like flying for business.

It does have some nice perks- the companion ticket is a great one, cancellation fee waiver is nice too. Checking out their routes to make sure I'll get plenty of use out of it- they fly out of LA, to SF and some east coast destinations that we considering. Still not sure if it's worth it yet. More research to be done.

Just got this card. Flies LAX to NYC which is my regular route so it works good for me. Plus, although not the Virgin Atlantic, they are partners with Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia and Emirates. So far an easy card to use, bill pay has been simple and they were really lenient with me considering I only have one secured credit card and am in the midst of rebuilding.

Great card, I got the black (cheaper AF) version and was instantly approved for $9k a couple of months ago.

The website kind of sucked until they updated it like yesterday. Customer service is not the best, but not the worst.

To get the bag benefit you have to book the flight using the card.

I like flying with Virgin America and looked into - but did not yet pull the trigger on - the card.

What I like about the cards is that in addition to the free bag, you get a $150 annual voucher for a companion ticket. If you get the $50 annual fee card that puts you $100 ahead. If you get the $159 annual fee card you break even.

The $150 annual fee card is great because you are not hit with cancelation fees if you cancel the trip. Great perk if your schedule is open to change - like flying for business.

I would be inclined to value the "no change fee" benefit solely in relation to how much I would use it for personal travel.

If I need to change plans for a business trip because business priorities change, the ticket change fee is so small it's not worth pausing to consider.

If, however, I'm on vacation and need to change plans to stay an extra day in Branson, Missouri, because I just learned that a Tony Orlando tribute band added a second show, THAT speaks to me.

Edited by cv91915

flying VA

VX.

Virgin America's IATA code is VX.

Thanks for the correction. I don't want to fly Virginia! :lol:

I've flown them 4 times in the last year and got the Visa from them. No checked bag fee is great and the staff are awesome. I love this airline! Their Elevate miles add up too. I fly from SFO to Las Vegas RT which can cost about 5000 miles plus a few bucks (for fees, etc). I haven't had any problems with Comenity either. Had lost my cc on a trip and the reporting process and getting a replacement card was handled very professionally. The lady that helped me with that was extremely nice too. I won't fly Southwest anymore because of the way they treat customers.

Wait...it's no longer "baggage fee reimbursement"? That's great!

As far as I know as long as you book the flight with the card there will not be a charge at check in

I've tried to get the smaller AF card before but the whole application process with Comenity was a complete pain. I've seen people have better luck with the higher AF version with regards to getting a decision.

The one thing I don't like about VA is their first class is not that great and the price difference weather paying full fare or using miles is ridiculous for first class.

I mainly got the card for flights between LAX and NY but their first class for these flights are priced way to high and require far too many miles. Jet Blue mint service from LA to NY cost about the same and is far superior service with fully lay flat beds.

If anyone wants to trade some Jet Blue Miles for my VA miles let me know.

flying VA

VX.

Virgin America's IATA code is VX.

Always amusing to have an airline code match the deadliest chemical agent around.

Both DW and I have this card. CLI's are mediocre IMO, gave DW a starting CL of $10k and a 6 mo CLI of $2.5k. Use it for flights between LAX/LAS and LAX/SFO. As mentioned above, 1st class flights are EXPENSIVE both for miles and cash. The Companion Certificate is basically a $150 coupon, must have code and can only book it online, phone reps can't book it for you. Also only valid on Main Cabin, can't use on Main Cabin Select or 1st Class. They do Status Match if you have Status with another Airline, which probably isn't that big of a deal to most. I tend to like the card, but I like the airline for short trips only.

The last post in this topic was posted 1930 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.