Sign in to follow this  
Sidewinder

Positive customamer service experiences

People generally start threads (not just on CB) when they're angry about stuff, not when awesome things, like having me around, happen.

I ordered a shnazzy messenger bag from L.L. Bean and was really antsy for it to arrive as I need to get a lot more organized and this bag (with pockets & dividers & stuff) is slated to help. Which, is why I ordered the messenger bag and I didn't order anything else.

A package arrived from Bean and it contained naught but a dweeby, bright green short-sleeved polo shirt.

I called them, see, and what they did was they overnighted yes OVERNIGHTED the correct item, together with a nifty prepaid UPS label that I need only smack onto the dweeby polo shirt package and drop it in the nearest UPS thingy.

It was just about as painless as ordering in the first place.

Share whatever positive stories you'd like to share about positive customamer service experiences. Please be sure to disclose any stock positions you have in the companies you are talking about.

(I do not own any stock in Bean.)

Mmmmmmmm, chili....

My bank cancelled my debit card (Home Depot issues last year) without actually sending me a new one. Well I was pretty upset, but since they are a local credit union I was able to get a hold of the actual local managers. I left a message on their Facebook after a terrible call with the customer service line, and the regional manager called to apologize. She had the manager of my bank print a new card at another location (they had a shortage of cards apparently), drive out to get it, and met with me the next day. When I got there she said all the right things I needed to hear to stay as a customer, and handed me a $25 Visa gift card. I decided to stick it out awhile longer to give them a second chance.

So some bad mixed with good..