REDBIRDS

mrjuggalo9er

The last post in this topic was posted 2593 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

One thing that is amusing is when you deposit 32 money orders in to your BofA ATM. Then ask for a receipt with check images. It just keeps printing and printing.

And the stupid ATM cant read MO's, so you have to manually type in the value for each.

And you can only deposit them in batches of 10.

It's very time consuming.

I got a new bank account and dumped MO's to it yesterday, but they put a 7 biz day hold on all deposits for the first 30 days. So it will just sit until that stupid rule goes away. That bank's ATM uses envelopes, so I can just deposit that stuff in 5 seconds and bounce. Or go inside and eat their cookies and check out the hot chick that signed me up.

Damn man, $26k in one whack at a place? That's awesome. The most I've been able to get so far is $2,500 at a grocery store.

Any concern on depositing a ton of MO's and it looking like structuring? I haven't gone down the MO route yet because of that but it's next up for me.

I purchased the VGC's with credit cards, and deposited the MO's directly into the bank. In no way did I try to circumnavigate regulatory requirements, hence it is not structuring.

I understand it's not structuring, but I'm concerned it could have that sort of appearance. With the AML and "know your customer" requirements everyone is trying to meet it just makes me wary. There's instances where legitimate business and people have been targeted for their completely honest and legal transactions.

I don't know of any specific to MS related activities causing anybody an issue but I'm just trying to judge the risks prior to diving too deep with it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that is amusing is when you deposit 32 money orders in to your BofA ATM. Then ask for a receipt with check images. It just keeps printing and printing.

And the stupid ATM cant read MO's, so you have to manually type in the value for each.

I got a new bank account and dumped MO's to it yesterday, but they put a 7 biz day hold on all deposits for the first 30 days. So it will just sit until that stupid rule goes away. That bank's ATM uses envelopes, so I can just deposit that stuff in 5 seconds and bounce. Or go inside and eat their cookies and check out the hot chick that signed me up.

Why not just deposit them in the branch?

Damn man, $26k in one whack at a place? That's awesome. The most I've been able to get so far is $2,500 at a grocery store.

Any concern on depositing a ton of MO's and it looking like structuring? I haven't gone down the MO route yet because of that but it's next up for me.

I purchased the VGC's with credit cards, and deposited the MO's directly into the bank. In no way did I try to circumnavigate regulatory requirements, hence it is not structuring.

I understand it's not structuring, but I'm concerned it could have that sort of appearance. With the AML and "know your customer" requirements everyone is trying to meet it just makes me wary. There's instances where legitimate business and people have been targeted for their completely honest and legal transactions.

I don't know of any specific to MS related activities causing anybody an issue but I'm just trying to judge the risks prior to diving too deep with it.

Most things with MS does not look normal. Nothing we can do to change that. I never make any deposit under 10k.

Please tell me you used the Ink

No, I used the Ink yesterday at Staples.

Today I used the Amex Pt Biz that I received this morning, US Air, AA Pt, and Freedom. I really need to add a couple cash back cards to the rotation. Maybe the Wells Fargo for 5% at groceries, an Arrival+. I'd love the JCB Premier. And I'd love to PC my Costco to EDP.

Please tell me you used the Ink

No, I used the Ink yesterday at Staples.

Today I used the Amex Pt Biz that I received this morning, US Air, AA Pt, and Freedom. I really need to add a couple cash back cards to the rotation. Maybe the Wells Fargo for 5% at groceries, an Arrival+. I'd love the JCB Premier. And I'd love to PC my Costco to EDP.

Just remeber arrival plus is only good for the churn

Yep, I know. Arrival+ is one pull. Venture is two. Citi has too many AA cards to churn too worry about the Double Cash, and I want to leave BofA CC's out of M$. That's most of the 2%ers for non-categorized spend.

The JCB unicorn...

Yep, I know. Arrival+ is one pull. Venture is two. Citi has too many AA cards to churn too worry about the Double Cash, and I want to leave BofA CC's out of M$. That's most of the 2%ers for non-categorized spend.

The JCB unicorn...

Venture you mention as two pulls. ...is that why they did not pull my tu

The JCB unicorn...

Cap1 likes to pull three, you can freeze one and get them to pull two. Most people get denied with two frozen reports. I know it's possible to get them with a single pull, but seems like there are more failures than successes. Edited by Konrad2012

The JCB unicorn...

Cap1 likes to pull three, you can freeze one and get them to pull two. Most people get denied with two frozen reports. I know it's possible to get them with a single pull, but seems like there are more failures than successes.
I apped both venture cards and have no showing inquiry on tu

WF is 5x at pharmacies also.

Redbird #3 came in the mail today...

How many cards do you use to charge $15,000? I only have 3 rewards cards so I definitely wouldn't run 18 Target transactions per month totaling $15,000 through them.

I am still mulling my strategies. One part of me says hit it as hard as possible until they cancel the CC loads which I believe they eventually will. The other part of me says run all of them at 50%-60% capacity and stay under the radar as long as possible.

I have a US Air, Citi AA Pt, a Freedom, an Ink Plus that all generate me points on Redbird loads. I have a BofA for 2% CB, Navy Fed at 1.5% CB, DCU for 1% CB. I wouldn't make a trip out of my way to use these, but if I am already there and have extra capacity, why not? It offsets the costs of purchasing AGC's, VGC's and MO's in other aspects.

I also have the $50K office category for the Ink Plus, and an Amex PRG that gets me 2MR's a grocery stores. I can liquidate AGC's or VGC's through the Redbirds to cut down on MO costs if I have extra capacity.

And I think I am going after one of the Wells Fargo cards for the 5%, again to offset the AGC, VGC and MO costs. I am willing to use my time to accumulate the points and miles. I would like to get some CB cards that offset the out of pocket costs.

Agreed on the Wells Fargo. Especially if you can build a relationship to cash out One Vanilla for money orders.

Screw it. I just applied for an Amex Biz Pt with a 100,000 point bonus. Another $5K to spend...gotta go call them and give them my EX pin now.

Targeted or public?

Targeted to one of my business partners...who is in rehab. :P

I'm going to double check I get the 100,000K before I give them my pin. Otherwise the app gets cancelled.

I'm just going to take their MR points, and use the $200 airline credit which I will get reimbursed for anyways. :ph34r: So 100,000 MR's for $250 is how I'm looking at it.

As soon as I hit the min spend I'll SD it. I put all my Amex spend on my PRG so I have more leverage on them for retention offers.

The $200 bonus is per calendar year. Next January rolls around, do it again. 100k MR for $50 :D

If you want to buy a RC I would suggest DDF.

If CC loading dies it will be Target that kills it not Amex.

Yes. DDF members seem to be very honest people... Probably the most honest message board I've been on.

Sorry CB... Until I see that 300K AMEX... :lol:

It's still new. ;)

On a side note I would mail out a few of these cards for cost only. ..everyone should be able to enjoy

*raises hand*

Doesn't get picked.

*stands up WITH raises hand*

Still doesn't get picked.

*starts jumping with raised hand*

I bought the $26K all in one spot, the $1.8K yesterday was 2 different Staples. I bought $600 each transaction for separate rebates.

I also got shut down by a manager today at one of my liquidation spots...no more gift cards for money orders. Between me and my wife that's $4K / day less I can liquidate on my route. Cashiers have never had a problem, just today's manager. I'll peek my head in occasionally to see if she's not working and I can pull it off, but my hopes are not high.

Why did the manager stop you?

I'd been milling it over for a while, and thanks to this thread I took the plunge and grabbed my own RB today. Thanks!! :yes2:

Welcome to the *R* club

Remember moderation 4999.99 a month

Sarcasm or seriousness?

If you have to ask. ..

I wouldn't be surprised. The same thing as not paying off an Amex account with Bluebird or liquidating your BB balance the same day you deposit. I've heard of crazier things and I don't want to ruin my current churn.

The $200 bonus is per calendar year. Next January rolls around, do it again. 100k MR for $50 :D

Or cancel within 60 days and you get 100k MR and $200. The churn clock also starts sooner.
I'm going to have to do that. The $200 airline credit is only for domestic airlines, and looks like it's harder to get gift cards for it. I already have another Biz Pt, so everything about this is redundant Edited by Konrad2012

I bought the $26K all in one spot, the $1.8K yesterday was 2 different Staples. I bought $600 each transaction for separate rebates.

I also got shut down by a manager today at one of my liquidation spots...no more gift cards for money orders. Between me and my wife that's $4K / day less I can liquidate on my route. Cashiers have never had a problem, just today's manager. I'll peek my head in occasionally to see if she's not working and I can pull it off, but my hopes are not high.

Why did the manager stop you?

She said it had to be a bank issued personal debit card.

Or cancel within 60 days and you get 100k MR and $200. The churn clock also starts sooner.

If you push it, you might be able to get your annual fee refunded.

I've read the first few pages, but I have absolutely no interest (or ability probably) in churning out rewards.

Is this a good way to encourage CLIs on some lower limit cards?

Run them up and pif a couple times a month?

From what I've read here, on reddit, and the wiki it seems like it would work.

I've read the first few pages, but I have absolutely no interest (or ability probably) in churning out rewards.

Absolutely, and if the card happens to offer rewards then....

Absolutely, and if the card happens to offer rewards then....

This is true with barclay from my experience

they tripled my credit line on rewards card when I began msing on it

No I do not have limits on how low value in rewards I will churn on

The last post in this topic was posted 2593 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.