apandacoon's credit repair journey0

The last post in this topic was posted 1877 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I would try calling Equifax and Transunion and ask to remove addresses first.

They both did it immediately for me.

(even the one attached to a negative account)

Thanks so much for this!

Might be a stupid question, but just to confirm, I should remove old addresses prior to mailing DV letters?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Update 03/21/2015

RE: Removing previous addresses

Called Transunion and spoke to a rep, she was able to remove all my past addresses through the phone.

Experian and Equifax: a little bit more complicated - spilled a drink on both these reports and I needed the report numbers, already filled out the request forms for annual credit report to send me copies.

What are the main reasons you would want your previous addresses deleted from your credit report? I know I read the reason why since I spent over 20 hours on here but alot of information to store in my head.

If you get the addresses that are tagged to your negs removed, it removes one of the data points the CRA's use to verify tradelines when you dispute.

Edited by paycuthurtme

Quick Update 03/25/2015 & Question:

Okay, removed all the previous addresses from Equifax, the guy was giving me a hard time but was able to do it with a phone call.

Unfortunately with Experian, I need to wait for the credit report because I have to give them the credit report number, hopefully it'll arrive in the next few days.

Question: With regards to inquiries, should I post these on here as well or just proceed to dispute and have them deleted?

I haven't looked up how to do it, but will be googling around the forums in a bit.

Question: With regards to inquiries, should I post these on here as well or just proceed to dispute and have them deleted?

I haven't looked up how to do it, but will be googling around the forums in a bit.

Why do you want to dispute inquiries?

This is generally a very bad idea.

Why do you want to dispute inquiries?

This is generally a very bad idea.

Thanks for responding tweak! I read somewhere that inquiries on your credit report is bad? I guess with everything else I have it doesn't make too much of a difference (heh). I guess I'm just asking if there's anything else I can do while I wait for the Experian credit report to get here?

Edited by apandacoon

I guess I'm just asking if there's anything else I can do while I wait for the Experian credit report to get here?

Keep reading, and researching tactics to fight your collections, etc.

Come up with a strategy, and post your plans here for feedback before you act.

Credit repair is a long game -- it's a marathon and not a sprint. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 04/02/2015

I'm having some issues removing my previous addresses with Experian. I mailed in some verification documentation to them, hopefully it should be resolved soon.

In the meantime, I got a couple of letters mailed to my parent's house (which is strange...) because I've never listed that address anywhere before from Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC. My parents just gave me the letters, even tho they were dated or received them on the 18th of March. The letter is as follows:

---

<NAME>

Our records indicate that your balance with AT&T remains unpaid; therefore your account has been placed with Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC for collection efforts.

Upon receipt and clearance of $153.98, your account will be closed and collection efforts will cease.

This letter serves as notification that your delinquent account may be reported to the national credit bureaus.

Unless you dispute the validity of the debt, or any portion there of, within thirty (30) days after your receipt of this notice, the debt will be assumed to be valid by us.

---

The other letter is worded exactly the same but with a different amount. I have a DV letter ready, should I post that here for people to review or should I attack this a different way?Th

Thanks!

I guess I'm just asking if there's anything else I can do while I wait for the Experian credit report to get here?

Keep reading, and researching tactics to fight your collections, etc.

Come up with a strategy, and post your plans here for feedback before you act.

Credit repair is a long game -- it's a marathon and not a sprint. :grin:

Hi Tweak!

Might need your help on this with Experian. I called and was able to get some of my old addresses deleted but they did not delete any addresses that currently have creditors reporting on those addresses either current or closed. Any suggestions on what to do? I even called back again to see if I could get another rep and he did help me a bit more but still refused to budge on those address that have (I guess they're called) TL(?). I've been reading this: http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=415032 but can't really seem to find a successful strategy.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by apandacoon

I just dealt with enhanced recovery over a dish network bill. What i did was call dish and get them to accept the payment directly, got a reciept and confirmation number from dish. I then mailed the letter from this thread http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=538754&hl= to Enhanced and they deleted everything within a week.

Thank you petebill! I get paid tomorrow and going to see what I can do with AT&T.

Update: 04/07/2015

Experian: Per the tread that tweak linked me (thank you), it really is hit and miss and just really depends on the guy you get. The first guy I called was a total buttface and refused to do anything, got transferred to the supervisor who was equally just as much of a buttface. Hung up and called back and got a really nice guy that helped me delete most of my addresses but the ones that are linked to collectors he said he wasn't able to. Going to follow the advice on the thread and call back in a couple of weeks and tell them that I sent certified letters.

Enhanced Recovery Company: Followed petebill's advice and called AT&T directly to pay off the past due amounts, was told my the rep that they were going to notify the collection companies to have the items removed, but I will still mail letters in.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 04/23/2015

Wow, has it been two weeks already? Time flies.

I just checked credit karma and it showed that my Enhanced Recovery has been paid and closed but not removed, even though I paid directly to AT&T. Any ideas or suggestions to why this happened or what my next steps should be?

I'm going to be calling Experian tomorrow to try and remove the remaining addresses.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hi old friend!

I'm getting a small bonus, around $2,000. I was thinking of using that to settle my Cedar Financial account balance of $5,029, what are your thoughts or how would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have any thoughts on that - but personally I'd probably put the money in savings and just continue with your payment arrangements.

You could call them and mention something like, "A family member has offered to help me out as a one time favor. Would you take $2000 and consider this debt paid in full?"

If they agree, get it in writing from them first.

However there is a danger if you let them know you have the money, that they will take it and not settle the account in full - which is a worse position.

Skimming your thread, there was earlier discussion that they may not have standing to collect, as there may not be a valid judgment.

Did you ever get anywhere with researching that?

Hi old friend!

I'm getting a small bonus, around $2,000. I was thinking of using that to settle my Cedar Financial account balance of $5,029, what are your thoughts or how would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have any thoughts on that - but personally I'd probably put the money in savings and just continue with your payment arrangements.

You could call them and mention something like, "A family member has offered to help me out as a one time favor. Would you take $2000 and consider this debt paid in full?"

If they agree, get it in writing from them first.

However there is a danger if you let them know you have the money, that they will take it and not settle the account in full - which is a worse position.

Skimming your thread, there was earlier discussion that they may not have standing to collect, as there may not be a valid judgment.

Did you ever get anywhere with researching that?

I checked creditkarma and I do NOT have any judgements. If you don't mind explaining or pointing me back to the right direction, what should I do now?

Thanks again

Check with the clerk of court and see if there are any judgments filed against you.

If so, get copies -- and determine if they are filed correctly and are still valid.

I think you mentioned a garnishment at your previous employer.

Check with HR there and see if they have paperwork to justify that garnishment.

Order your LexisNexis full file disclosure.

If there is a judgment, it is probably listed on there.

Also, creditkarma is not a reliable source of this kind of information.

Only look at what is on the official reports from EX, TU, and EQ.

Edited by tweak

Check with the clerk of court and see if there are any judgments filed against you.

If so, get copies -- and determine if they are filed correctly and are still valid.

1. I've been googling "Los Angeles clerk of court" and have been coming up empty for some reason, I'll call their superior court tomorrow and see what they say.
  2. I'll call my old company HR tomorrow morning to see what they say.
  3. Will send out the request for the LexisNexis full file disclosure tomorrow as well.

Thanks for the heads up on creditkarma - you're right I have an additional $6k+ that it didn't list but is on the credit reports. Honestly, I've slacked off a bit and haven't followed up with Experian about removing the previous addresses.

Again, I really appreciate all of your help tweak :)

• I've been googling "Los Angeles clerk of court" and have been coming up empty for some reason, I'll call their superior court tomorrow and see what they say.
  • I'll call my old company HR tomorrow morning to see what they say.
  • Will send out the request for the LexisNexis full file disclosure tomorrow as well.
Thanks for the heads up on creditkarma - you're right I have an additional $6k+ that it didn't list but is on the credit reports. Honestly, I've slacked off a bit and haven't followed up with Experian about removing the previous addresses.

Again, I really appreciate all of your help tweak :)

For LA you can search here but it'll cost you a couple of bucks.

https://www.lacourt.org/paonlineservices/civilindex/cipublicmain.aspx?

I'm prepping letters and I'm curious with regards to my capital one auto finance, it's already paid off but is negative because I have been late like ...24 times.

Should I write them a DV letter, good will letter or is there something else anyone would recommend doing?

Thanks in advance!

The last post in this topic was posted 1877 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.