Sign in to follow this  
gabbyraja

NFCU "Increase My Limit" link appeared

I've had my NFCU CCs for about 2 years. When I first applied I was pretty active here and many people said when certain things just appeared it was NAVY pretty much "Inviting" you to apply, and iirc they didn't pull, or only a soft pull... Something to that effect. Basically, your chances were good. I thought I had some baddies semi-recently, including late payments on Navy products (not 30 days late, just past the due date), so seeing this is a surprise to me. Is it possible that now it just comes up randomly, or do I have a chance? Btw, the payments were late because I had some difficulty staying on top of things, brain/health-wise, not because I couldn't handle the payments, in case anyone is going to say I shouldn't try because I already can't handle what I've got, etc.

It can be hard or soft. I think on CLI from them I've had two hards and one soft. You can't tell until it happens. They are generous. I'd enter 25K and see what happens.

IIRC, NFCU does soft a/rs every 3 months. Wait until you see a soft pull on your eq file, and then try for a cli. I think that's your best chance at getting an increase without a hard inquiry. That being said, always expect a hard inquiry with NFCU

I've had my NFCU CCs for about 2 years. When I first applied I was pretty active here and many people said when certain things just appeared it was NAVY pretty much "Inviting" you to apply, and iirc they didn't pull, or only a soft pull... Something to that effect. Basically, your chances were good. I thought I had some baddies semi-recently, including late payments on Navy products (not 30 days late, just past the due date), so seeing this is a surprise to me. Is it possible that now it just comes up randomly, or do I have a chance? Btw, the payments were late because I had some difficulty staying on top of things, brain/health-wise, not because I couldn't handle the payments, in case anyone is going to say I shouldn't try because I already can't handle what I've got, etc.

Where do things "appear"?

I didn't see anything unusual today. But got my credit line increased from 14K to 20K with all my CRs frozen. Last month, they declined me for the same credit limit with a hard pull.

Thanks for asking, I also noticed the same link last week!

Actually, I don't care about whether or not it's a hard pull. They can hard pull me all day long, lol, if they're going to give me higher limits for it. I just want to know if this is like a "preapproval" for a higher limit or not. Would they just automatically give me a higher limit if they were going to, or do they require you to jump through this hoop?

Edited by gabbyraja

Actually, I don't care about whether or not it's a hard pull. They can hard pull me all day long, lol, if they're going to give me higher limits for it. I just want to know if this is like a "preapproval" for a higher limit or not. Would they just automatically give me a higher limit if they were going to, or do they require you to jump through this hoop?

I don't think it is a preapproval. I'd still hit it. Last time I was faced with that decision I went from 5k to 25k on one of my cards with them. Boom.

Well, I have a raise coming in the next couple of weeks. I think I'll wait for that to come through, since it will be like 25% higher than it was when I got the cards. I'm at 2, 000 and 3,000 right now. Do you think I'd be Ok asking for 10,000 on each?

The reason posters often suggest asking for 25k is because that is the highest amount that Navy usually approves without a mandatory hard pull. After you hit submit, their system will calculate what they will give you and will give you what you ask for or less if their calculated max exposure for you is less. So if you ask for 25k they will either give you 25k or something less than 25k. You might get 0k or 1k or 4k or 10k or 25k. If you only ask for 10k you will typically be limited to 10k. Though 10k does sound about right if you are currently at 2k and 3k you won't know if you don't test the limit. It was hard for me to type in 25k when my card was at 5k. I felt a little foolish. Then...I was approved for the full 25k. There is probably a thread or two around here about Navy CLI . I know there is a really long thread on myfico forum that posts a whole lot of posters results. Maybe read some of those threads over the next month while you are waiting for your pay increase to take effect. Good luck.

There is probably a thread or two around here about Navy CLI . I know there is a really long thread on myfico forum that posts a whole lot of posters results. Maybe read some of those threads over the next month while you are waiting for your pay increase to take effect. Good luck.

Link please?

There is probably a thread or two around here about Navy CLI . I know there is a really long thread on myfico forum that posts a whole lot of posters results. Maybe read some of those threads over the next month while you are waiting for your pay increase to take effect. Good luck.

Link please?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-NFCU-CLI-Guide/td-p/2101185

Link please?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-NFCU-CLI-Guide/td-p/2101185

ty :)

It's random. I get that, too, from time to time and I'm already at max.

what's max CL per CC?

I don't remember, but I believe it's $50k except on the Flagship Visa and that might be at $80k.

Overall maximum exposure not counting AUs is $80k for total of three credit cards.

Edited by PotO

Hit the luv button last night and woke up this morning to a bump from 5k--->6k. Gave me the 3-5 day message, but I haven't seen a hard yet..... Not a huge bump but I will take it! Card opened early November last year.

Learning a little (sometimes a lot...) more every day! On my road to 850!

Hit the luv button last night and woke up this morning to a bump from 5k--->6k. Gave me the 3-5 day message, but I haven't seen a hard yet..... Not a huge bump but I will take it! Card opened early November last year.

Learning a little (sometimes a lot...) more every day! On my road to 850!

The 3 - 5 day message usually indicates a hard pull. Instant is generally a soft.