Sign in to follow this  
Mrfreshnewstart

DOFD should be changed when?

Can someone please help me to figure out or point me to the proper thread to learn if the dofd changes when you make a payment, acknowledge the debt or bring the delinquent account current? The debt i'm questioning about is a mortgage account that is in NY, the original dofd was in 2009 i tried to catch up on it but my job relocated me to texas in in 2008 and i ended up losing the home but they have not foreclosed on it yet. Any responses are appreciated

Yes cv91915 it does and thank you. Now my follow up question would be if I never brought the account current and it was at its 120 day late period then how should I attack this tradeline? I recently found a downloaded report I have on my computer from freecreditreport.com and it shows that the orig delinquency date was at the 120 day mark with the original creditor Taylor Bean & Whitaker .I even learned late last yr that western union had a payment of mine that I made to them that they never collected on. This I feel is my evidence that a payment was never made and they sold the loan to BOA right after that

your last payment was in 2009, and it was transferred to BOA when?

the original dofd was in 2009 i tried to catch up on it but my job relocated me to Texas in in 2008

you make it sound like you were relocated after the DOFD.

Not sure whether I'm understanding what I read in section 605 of FCRA

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0111-fair-credit-reporting-act.pdf

But it does have this

(B) Exempted cases. The provisions of paragraphs (1) through (5) of subsection (a) of this section are not applicable in the case of any consumer credit report to be used in connection with (1) a credit transaction involving, or which may reasonably be expected to involve, a principal amount of $150,000 or more;

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9cbe559a6b&view=att&th=14bd3adb7a68607f&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9cbe559a6b&view=att&th=14bd3adb7a68607f&attid=0.2&disp=safe&zw

Here are some pics of the tradelines, as you can see they don't even match up BOA has changed the dofd to 2010 and that is completely wrong. I never brought the loan current or signed any paper that said they would put any late payments on the back end either, and technically TB&W said I was 10 months late also and even though that is wrong shouldn't it had been charged off at the 120-180 delinquency mark?

Edited by mrshawnhargrove

Not sure whether I'm understanding what I read in section 605 of FCRA

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0111-fair-credit-reporting-act.pdf

But it does have this

( B) Exempted cases. The provisions of paragraphs (1) through (5) of subsection (a) of this section are not applicable in the case of any consumer credit report to be used in connection with (1) a credit transaction involving, or which may reasonably be expected to involve, a principal amount of $150,000 or more;

that has to do with employers or mostly mortgage lenders pulling your credit reports for information past the 7 year limit, in relation to job applications or lending.

nothing to do with DOFD. and the 7 1/2 year limit

mind you the CRA's have all your credit information that's EVER been reported in one fat database; but they are only allowed to furnish reports on the past 7 1/2 years credit activities, unless exempted as above.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9cbe559a6b&view=att&th=14bd3adb7a68607f&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9cbe559a6b&view=att&th=14bd3adb7a68607f&attid=0.2&disp=safe&zw

Here are some pics of the tradelines, as you can see they don't even match up BOA has changed the dofd to 2010 and that is completely wrong. I never brought the loan current or signed any paper that said they would put any late payments on the back end either, and technically TB&W said I was 10 months late also and even though that is wrong shouldn't it had been charged off at the 120-180 delinquency mark?

so do you have any old credit reports that show the correct information?

What is the exact date of first delinquency, ?

a payment resets the SOL for legal action, but you would have had to bring the mortgage current (nothing past due) to reset the DOFD with the CRA's.

Can't view the Gmail, be careful what you post there, and hope you've retracted all personal information .

ICANHASMUNY I hope this message can find you. Im sure you probably don't remember my story so hopefully you will see it in this thread. I got a big break today with that mortgage situation. My fiancé sister got me my the pay history on the account. Come to find out now BOA doesn't even have the pay history back in 2008 from taylor bean and whitaker. They have it starting from 2009 in June. Once a servicer gets the documents are they supposed to have the complete history of it? Does this sound like I'm headed in the right direction to you? Because this month here is when my dofd started 7 YRS AGO

ICANHASMUNY I hope this message can find you. Im sure you probably don't remember my story so hopefully you will see it in this thread. I got a big break today with that mortgage situation. My fiancé sister got me my the pay history on the account. Come to find out now BOA doesn't even have the pay history back in 2008 from taylor bean and whitaker. They have it starting from 2009 in June. Once a servicer gets the documents are they supposed to have the complete history of it? Does this sound like I'm headed in the right direction to you? Because this month here is when my dofd started 7 YRS AGO

I have a similar situation. Countrywide sold my mortgage to Bank of America and the last timeI paid was May of 2009 which only covered payments through April... So my actual last payment was in Jan of 2009 that brought it current...I may need to amend my Requrested change of DoFD with EX and EQ and TU because even thought I paid three months in May, 2009, my account was NOT BROUGHT current as it was already due for May payment when Feb-April was paid so account was never brought current since Jan,2009.. they are STILL in the midst of foreclosure proceedings. 6.5 years later...I am in NY, 6 year SOL. I am starting to wonder if they are out of luck..Do you know exactly which documents must be filed by the six year mark, exactly?