Barclay's US Air Card Getting Easier???

The last post in this topic was posted 2207 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I app'd for a second Venture card last night (Venture One) and got a second 10K card

App'd for Discover - Still No Dice

App'd for sixth time in 3 months for Barclay card (US Airways) ... (was on BL)

Got the "need further review, wait 3 days" -- assumed another reject (though they pulled TU credit)

Approved 5K

50,000 bonus miles

This is the first approval I have gotten out of Barclay's since filing BK7 in 6/2013.

Now approved

14 new accounts in 6 months

Highest CL= 3 X 10K

675 TU FICO

70K income

It hasn't been discontinued.

All of the US Airways cards will become AAdvantage cards in Q2 when the miles programs merge, and Barclays will not be allowed to issue new AA cards. They will be allowed to maintain their current portfolio of AA cards.

I app'd for a second Venture card last night (Venture One) and got a second 10K card

Got the "need further review, wait 3 days" -- assumed another reject (though they pulled TU credit)

Approved 5K

50,000 bonus miles

This is the first approval I have gotten out of Barclay's since filing BK7 in 6/2013.

Now approved

Highest CL= 3 X 10K

675 TU FICO

70K income

Jen,

Wait, what? You've applied for this card 6 times in the past 3 months. I was told 4 months between apps for the same Barclays branded cards AND if you did it any sooner it would be an auto-denial based on frequency of apps?

I was just denied for "too many new accounts, TU 661 on the AA letter. My current Discover TU is 676 & recon failed as well.

This could be a very useful card for me....drat

Edited by stagefoursurvivor

Approved 5K

50,000 bonus miles

Now approved

Highest CL= 3 X 10K

675 TU FICO

70K income

Jen,

Wait, what? You've applied for this card 6 times in the past 3 months. I was told 4 months between apps for the same Barclays branded cards AND if you did it any sooner it would be an auto-denial based on frequency of apps?

I was just denied for "too many new accounts, TU 661 on the AA letter. My current Discover TU is 676 & recon failed as well.

I was on their BL so they wouldn't even pull my credit ... for a while. Then they pulled and denied me. Then they denied me for too many recent apps (with them) without pulling again. I was shocked to get approved this time but I really wanted the 50K miles. I figured I had one last shot before they stop offering the card. My assumption at least. I just posted this in case they are loosening the screws to try to get more people signed up before they can't offer new cards. Just a guess on my part though.

Approved 5K

50,000 bonus miles

Now approved

Highest CL= 3 X 10K

675 TU FICO

70K income

Jen,

I was on their BL so they wouldn't even pull my credit ... for a while. Then they pulled and denied me. Then they denied me for too many recent apps (with them) without pulling again. I was shocked to get approved this time but I really wanted the 50K miles. I figured I had one last shot before they stop offering the card. My assumption at least. I just posted this in case they are loosening the screws to try to get more people signed up before they can't offer new cards. Just a guess on my part though.

Thanks!

I think I'll wait until my new Venture1 & QS Sig report and try for the US Air again. Although, that will add 2 more accounts which only makes "too many new accounts" even worse. My denial was on 1/27

Approved 5K

50,000 bonus miles

Now approved

Highest CL= 3 X 10K

675 TU FICO

70K income

Jen,

Thanks!

I think I'll wait until my new Venture1 & QS Sig report and try for the US Air again. Although, that will add 2 more accounts which only makes "too many new accounts" even worse. My denial was on 1/27

You might still get in. As the deadline approaches they may continue to relax some of their general rules. Fingers crossed for you. I know how you feel.

Approved 5K

50,000 bonus miles

Now approved

Highest CL= 3 X 10K

675 TU FICO

70K income

Jen,

Thanks!

You might still get in. As the deadline approaches they may continue to relax some of their general rules. Fingers crossed for you. I know how you feel.

Yeah, so much for the 4 month rule to re-apply...

Thanks

I already have a Barclay's US Air MC - can I apply for a second one?

This has been discussed on here before. You can have multiple Barclay's cards but only one US Air at a time. Some have closed out their US Air cards and then reapplied after some time. There was like one or two reports of folks getting two US Air cards from Barclay's but it could not be duplicated by others. I am just repeating what I read before. If anyone has had a different experience please correct me, but I believe this is how it works.

This has been discussed on here before. You can have multiple Barclay's cards but only one US Air at a time. Some have closed out their US Air cards and then reapplied after some time. There was like one or two reports of folks getting two US Air cards from Barclay's but it could not be duplicated by others. I am just repeating what I read before. If anyone has had a different experience please correct me, but I believe this is how it works.

Far be it for me to disagree with Jen but, I thought there were some recent posts of people being approved for additional US Air cards and racking up the points. Could it have been the Marriott?

Apply at the same time??? Beats the hell outta me

Far be it for me to disagree with Jen but, I thought there were some recent posts of people being approved for additional US Air cards and racking up the points. Could it have been the Marriott?

Apply at the same time??? Beats the hell outta me

Feel free to disagree with Jen! LOL. I'm just passing on what I read in the Barclay's 50,000 mile bonus thread. I know people were trying and got shot down for already having one. No harm in applying. At worst it's just a TU pull! Also if it is simply not allowed they may not run credit, but I'm just speculating.

No firsthand knowledge here. Just what I recall. Feel free to correct me, folks!

Perhaps it's better for me to remain silent and be thought the fool, rather than to open my mouth and remove all doubt.

I don't think there is any need for that on CB. If you reveal you are a fool (or just plain wrong) you can be pretty sure that somebody will point that out for you! :grin:

I wound up with two US Airways cards from Barclay's and combined them together.

The last post in this topic was posted 2207 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.