Sign in to follow this  
unitedminds

Removing Foreclosures, is it a myth?

Can anyone please direct me to a forum or post where someone/people have successfully removed foreclosures of their credit report. The letters used in this process and the steps would be helpful and i will post my progress on CB..... Not enough, if any info on this subject, at least I haven't found any... Thanks in advance CB....

There are lawyers that say they can do it for $2000-5000 dollars. I'm trying to get a short sale off and have heard good and bad things about this. The 'bad' things seem to be written as propaganda pieces, like the articles you read everywhere that your credit can't be 'fixed', which is, of course, a lie. Keep us posted on what you find out.

It would most likely follow the same process used to remove any public record, since that's exactly what it is. Read some letters, posts about removing judgments, bankruptcies, and similar such public records. Maybe you can set a new standard, since I agree, not much about this on the board.

I deleted 1 off my report, 1 off my moms, and 3 off my brothers. Foreclosures were in 2008-2009, they were deleted in 2012-2013, we all bought houses in 2013-2014. I used the exact same methods as deleting any other collection, charge-off. I would dispute these by themselves after you have deleted all old addresses and any accounts associated with that address.

I deleted 1 off my report, 1 off my moms, and 3 off my brothers. Foreclosures were in 2008-2009, they were deleted in 2012-2013, we all bought houses in 2013-2014. I used the exact same methods as deleting any other collection, charge-off. I would dispute these by themselves after you have deleted all old addresses and any accounts associated with that address.

May I ask what reason you gave when disputing?

-incorrect date of last delinquency

-open date

-closed date

-data doesn't match any of records

on all I ask they please correct or delete. Hope this helps.

-incorrect date of last delinquency

-open date

-closed date

-data doesn't match any of records

on all I ask they please correct or delete. Hope this helps.

If they end up correcting...and the reporting date becomes current - does that hurt your score? I have a timeshare that went into foreclosure and repossession of property in 2010. The first delinquency was July 2010. The last reporting date was 03/2011. They said it was last paid on Dec 2010 - when that was the month they took it back. If they correct it and the reporting becomes current, will that hurt your credit score? I'd like to drop this thing, but I don't want it to hurt my score again any more than it already is.