Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Can you Imagine what the MyFICO Effect Must Be??

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

CreditBoards and flyertalk should merge...

Edit: that could be dangerous

The people who bought Flyertalk tried to buy creditboards. Where do you get these ideas. :rofl:

Uh oh

thanks... I am bordering on dense... however, I have other talents!

I also DO design labyrinths on autocad...

madness is becoming. also built a huge one, a 42 foot classic 7 circuit, in my back yard in Katonah.

I also have designed them for churches...and memorials.

It is probably covered in ice and snow after this week.

THE SEVEN CIRCUIT CLASSICAL LABYRINTH!

Labyrinths have been in recorded existence for over 4000 years and are found in virtually every major religious tradition in the world. They have been an integral part of many cultures such as Native American, Greek, Celtic and Mayan.

During the crusades, labyrinths were used to symbolically represent the pilgrimage to the Holy Land. Today, labyrinths are being used for reflection, meditation, prayer and comfort. They are found in many sizes and shapes, and are created in temporary materials, such as sand on a beach, or built in a permanent fashion from stones, cut into turf, formed by mounds of earth, made from vegetation, or any other natural material.

There are three basic designs -- seven circuit, eleven circuit, and twelve circuit. The most common design found today is the seven circuit. The size of the design can range from a small design on a stone to over 40 feet in diameter.

A labyrinth and a maze are not the same. A maze has dead ends and many trick turns. A labyrinth has only one path leading to the center and back out again. There are no dead ends.

When you walk a labyrinth, you meander back and forth, turning 180 degrees each time you enter a different circuit. As you shift your direction you also shift your awareness from right brain to left brain. This is one of the reasons the labyrinth can induce receptive states of consciousness. It can also help to balance the “chakras”.

Each person's walk is a personal experience. How one walks and what one receives differs with each walk. Some people use the walk for clearing the mind and centering. Others enter with a question or concern. The time in the center can be used for receiving, reflecting, meditating, or praying, as well as discovering our own sacred inner space. What each person receives can be integrated on the walk out. Your walk can be a healing and sometimes very profound experience or it can be just a pleasant walk. Each time is different.

Labyrinths are truly sacred places. The design itself is inherently powerful. The space and the experience of walking it are also very sacred. It is a tool for people of all beliefs to come together for a common spiritual experience.

Edited by mizliz1011

I use both MyFico and CB. CB is far super with regards to community and advice IMO. MyFico likely has better SEO and they get more usage through the search engines. It would be interesting to see the average pages and time spent per user. If I were a betting man, CB would be higher.

There's no way to compare them because the forum is on their domain, and that traffic is massive. 13,000th standing on Alexa is good for a stand alone site like ours. I don't think their forum has a lot more traffic than ours. If you just look at how fast the forums move, you can get an idea which is more active.

This cracked me up...

According to Alexa, 4.2% of the people who come to CB come directly from MF while less than 1.2% of people who go to MF came from CB.

(CB is not on the MF traffic chart, so there's no way to determine how much traffic we send there, but the bottom number on that chart is 1.2%)

I feel like Credit Boards' TSL is very high. Probably the highest in the pantheon of credit sites.

Edited by ubercat

I feel like Credit Boards' TSL is very high. Probably the highest in the pantheon of credit sites.

Sorry, TSL?

Agree.

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.