Jump to content

The last post in this topic was posted 3493 days ago. 

 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've decided not app for a venture. It's not offered when hit the pre qual site and I need to let what I have marinate a little while longer.

Neither were my

2 ventures

2 qs

2 venture ones. ...


  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

My wife just picked up a 50k Venture and 30k QS the other day.

 

I got a Venture also ... with a 5k limit.

 

They're definitely smoking something.

Posted

My wife just picked up a 50k Venture and 30k QS the other day.

 

I got a Venture also ... with a 5k limit.

 

They're definitely smoking something.

 

Sounds like you've got a good woman :rofl:

Posted

My wife just picked up a 50k Venture and 30k QS the other day.

I got a Venture also ... with a 5k limit.

They're definitely smoking something.

What!? Those are crazy limits. Im willing to app for a CapOne as part of my app spree before my EX and EQ is back on ice. What's the least amount of INQ's you can get hit with from them? and should I apply for 2 cards rather than one?

Posted (edited)

 

My wife just picked up a 50k Venture and 30k QS the other day.

I got a Venture also ... with a 5k limit.

They're definitely smoking something.

What!? Those are crazy limits. Im willing to app for a CapOne as part of my app spree before my EX and EQ is back on ice. What's the least amount of INQ's you can get hit with from them? and should I apply for 2 cards rather than one?

 

I don't think they're too INQ sensitive....and I would have 2 browsers open with 1 app in each window being filled out together...get them down to the 'submit' button, and give'em a 1-2 punch.

 

I've decided not app for a venture. It's not offered when hit the pre qual site and I need to let what I have marinate a little while longer.

Neither were my

2 ventures

2 qs

2 venture ones. ...

 

My 4 cards were never pre-approvals either and were instant online approvals.

 

The notion that a pre-approval is needed for CapOne is waaaaaay overrated IMO.

Edited by racer-x
Posted (edited)

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Edited by ZeRo_C0oL
Posted

Are freezes instant? Can they be lifted and or removed immediately?

 

From what I've read and understood, through online it's instant (maybe a day), through mail they have 5 business days to process it. I hope the experts on this board will correct me if i'm wrong!

Posted

I think they advised during my freezes today that it could take up to three days for the lifts to take place if I'm not mistaken. Maybe that's just a precautionary thing they do, but you should probably plan for that just in case. The whole idea, for me, behind freezing my report is that it will take that little bit of extra time and effort to prevent me from making impulse applications that I would regret if I thought about it for longer than a few minutes.

Posted

I think keeping all three frozen does help prevent impulse applying. Especially if you live in a state where you have to pay $10 each time you want to temporarily lift the freeze.

Posted

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Exactly.

 

I'll keep TU open. But should I keep EQ or EX open as the second CRA?

Posted

 

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Exactly.

 

I'll keep TU open. But should I keep EQ or EX open as the second CRA?

Yes, or you chance getting a pull on TU but then denied because they couldn't access a second one. Personally I would app Cap One with Ex frozen.

There are reports that if your scores are marginal they will still deny unless they can pull all three. I don't know.

Posted

 

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Exactly.

 

I'll keep TU open. But should I keep EQ or EX open as the second CRA?

 

 

Everyone always seems to let them pull TU and EQ. I still don't really understand why, but EX is typically frozen... so that's what I'd do too.

Posted

 

 

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Exactly.

 

I'll keep TU open. But should I keep EQ or EX open as the second CRA?

 

 

Everyone always seems to let them pull TU and EQ. I still don't really understand why, but EX is typically frozen... so that's what I'd do too.

 

But but but, EX is my best score but also has the most INQs. EX is 30 pts higher than TU. Damn 5.5yr old paid baddie keeping my TU behind the others. Can't beleive its having that much of an impact still.

Posted

 

 

 

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Exactly.

 

I'll keep TU open. But should I keep EQ or EX open as the second CRA?

 

 

Everyone always seems to let them pull TU and EQ. I still don't really understand why, but EX is typically frozen... so that's what I'd do too.

 

But but but, EX is my best score but also has the most INQs. EX is 30 pts higher than TU. Damn 5.5yr old paid baddie keeping my TU behind the others. Can't beleive its having that much of an impact still.

 

 

You could take a chance and just freeze one of the three and hope that they pull EQ and EX then? ...or better yet, handle that account so that you can get it off of your report before you apply. A little bit of patience (assuming you have more than me.. lol) can go a long way as far as setting yourself up for an approval and a get CL.

Posted (edited)

 

 

 

 

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Exactly.

 

I'll keep TU open. But should I keep EQ or EX open as the second CRA?

 

 

Everyone always seems to let them pull TU and EQ. I still don't really understand why, but EX is typically frozen... so that's what I'd do too.

 

But but but, EX is my best score but also has the most INQs. EX is 30 pts higher than TU. Damn 5.5yr old paid baddie keeping my TU behind the others. Can't beleive its having that much of an impact still.

 

 

You could take a chance and just freeze one of the three and hope that they pull EQ and EX then? ...or better yet, handle that account so that you can get it off of your report before you apply. A little bit of patience (assuming you have more than me.. lol) can go a long way as far as setting yourself up for an approval and a get CL.

 

No way I'm touching that baddie. 5.5 yrs old..it can stay there and rot away. It hasn't kept me from getting anything I've applied for. I have several $20k + tradelines and FIA/BOA just gave me +$6000 CLI with a TU HP. I already have a $20k QS and $10k Plattie with them. Paypal 22.5k, lowes 17k..BOA 14.1k...Discover 16.2..all TU pullers.

 

The baddie isn't hurting my file per se, just my score.

Edited by racer-x
Posted

 

 

 

 

 

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Exactly.

 

I'll keep TU open. But should I keep EQ or EX open as the second CRA?

 

 

Everyone always seems to let them pull TU and EQ. I still don't really understand why, but EX is typically frozen... so that's what I'd do too.

 

But but but, EX is my best score but also has the most INQs. EX is 30 pts higher than TU. Damn 5.5yr old paid baddie keeping my TU behind the others. Can't beleive its having that much of an impact still.

 

 

You could take a chance and just freeze one of the three and hope that they pull EQ and EX then? ...or better yet, handle that account so that you can get it off of your report before you apply. A little bit of patience (assuming you have more than me.. lol) can go a long way as far as setting yourself up for an approval and a get CL.

 

No way I'm touching that baddie. 5.5 yrs old..it can stay there and rot away. It hasn't kept me from getting anything I've applied for. I have several $20k + tradelines and FIA/BOA just gave me +$6000 CLI with a TU HP. I already have a $20k QS and $10k Plattie with them. Paypal 22.5k, lowes 17k..BOA 14.1k...Discover 16.2..all TU pullers.

 

The baddie isn't hurting my file per se, just my score.

 

 

I have the same issue. I have an old CO that I really want to get rid of, but it hasn't stopped me from being approved for over $100K in new CLs in 6 months. The OC did me dirty, too, by reporting an OK right before they reported it charged-off, thus pushing the drop-off date back by 3 years. I tried GW them about that, but they told me to get stuffed. It's my last baddie, too, and is on all 3 reports. I want it off so bad, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot now that I've come so far in the past year. I take pride in every approval and CLI I get now, because it's like a double middle finger to that a-hole creditor. :grin:

Posted

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think the question was about how many reports to unfreeze. I think Cap1 needs to have two under normal circumstances (for an instant approval. may not matter if you're dealing with an underwriter, but then you're probably screwed because of the two apps at one time). I believe I read something earlier saying two reports were on ice and the apps were declined because they couldn't pull ____. Keep one frozen though for sure.

Exactly.

 

I'll keep TU open. But should I keep EQ or EX open as the second CRA?

 

 

Everyone always seems to let them pull TU and EQ. I still don't really understand why, but EX is typically frozen... so that's what I'd do too.

 

But but but, EX is my best score but also has the most INQs. EX is 30 pts higher than TU. Damn 5.5yr old paid baddie keeping my TU behind the others. Can't beleive its having that much of an impact still.

 

 

You could take a chance and just freeze one of the three and hope that they pull EQ and EX then? ...or better yet, handle that account so that you can get it off of your report before you apply. A little bit of patience (assuming you have more than me.. lol) can go a long way as far as setting yourself up for an approval and a get CL.

 

No way I'm touching that baddie. 5.5 yrs old..it can stay there and rot away. It hasn't kept me from getting anything I've applied for. I have several $20k + tradelines and FIA/BOA just gave me +$6000 CLI with a TU HP. I already have a $20k QS and $10k Plattie with them. Paypal 22.5k, lowes 17k..BOA 14.1k...Discover 16.2..all TU pullers.

 

The baddie isn't hurting my file per se, just my score.

 

 

I have the same issue. I have an old CO that I really want to get rid of, but it hasn't stopped me from being approved for over $100K in new CLs in 6 months. The OC did me dirty, too, by reporting an OK right before they reported it charged-off, thus pushing the drop-off date back by 3 years. I tried GW them about that, but they told me to get stuffed. It's my last baddie, too, and is on all 3 reports. I want it off so bad, but don't want to shoot myself in the foot now that I've come so far in the past year. I take pride in every approval and CLI I get now, because it's like a double middle finger to that a-hole creditor. :grin:

 

+100000. I tried a GW and a phone call to the CA and the OC.in 2012....it was then updated on my reports as 'last activity Jan 2013', even though DOFD was thankfully still 2010. The DOFD didn't change but by them updating the last activity on my reports, it spooked me enough to stop all attempts to have it removed.

 

It was a small utility bill that I had in my name for my sisters place....lesson learned....Luckily it's only on TU for me.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

 

This is what I have been trying to say lately. You can f*ck around all day calling the EO to get your CLI from $300 to $700, or you can just apply for a new card.

 

 

 

Capital One: Denied CLI / Approved for $50K on New Card

[ Edited ]

‎02-02-2015 08:35 PM - edited ‎02-03-2015 08:10 PM

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Capital-One-Denied-CLI-Approved-for-50K-on-New-Card/m-p/3776016/highlight/true#M200718

 

 

I have two CapitalOne Cards that were open in early 2007 after my bankruptcy in August 2006. They were the first company to give me credit cards following the bankruptcy, the first one received a $3,500 limit and the second onereceived a $3,000 limit.

 

In 2013/2014, they upgraded me to their Quicksilver card so I could get cash back on my purchases. As my finances have drastically changes since then, I've attempted to request multiple limit increases, and I've kept getting denied because they say I don't use enough of my credit limit to justify a limit increases.

 

Then in December I just decided to apply for a CapitalOne Venture card for their 40,000 bonus miles, and was given a $50,000 credit limit.

 

Can someone explain how/why they won't increase my limit on a card with $3k limit, but will give me a new card with a $50,000 limit? I would rather have the limit on one of these older cards that's I've now had for 8 years.

I was planning on unfreezing EX in the morning. So, I'm science ready.

DO NOT UNFREEZE Exp. for Cap 1. They will approve with just two CRA's!!

They approved me with just 1 CRA. It was TU

 

so both other CRA were frozen?

Posted

I've seen a handful of people get approved with only tu unfrozen, but cap one normally wants eq AND tu unfrozen. I've seen plenty of people get denied for only having tu unfroze, I'd like to figure out why cap one approves tu only rarely, or if it's just random.

Posted (edited)

what kind of credit score are they looking at? myfico gives me a TU 784 fico 8 score. I want to freeze other 2 CRAs.

 

i sooooooo need a high credit limit to help my other scores utilization.

 

also do they require any documentation for those high limit cards?

Edited by lshin

The last post in this topic was posted 3493 days ago. 

 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      190435
    • Most Online
      9039

    Newest Member
    mhudson323
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines