Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Is Cap 1 on Crack? 50K Limits?

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

Checked mail today, card arrived - didn't tell the wife I app'd and she opened the letter; couldn't believe the CL. Their approval letter from last week listed my EX score (707). All in, my exposure with Cap1 sits at $69,500.

Convinced the wife to apply: approved for $30k. She's kindof miffed because she has stellar credit and doesn't understand how I bested her by $20k, but she received the 13.9% rate.

Are you the only one who got mail on presidents day?

Checked mail today, card arrived - didn't tell the wife I app'd and she opened the letter; couldn't believe the CL. Their approval letter from last week listed my EX score (707). All in, my exposure with Cap1 sits at $69,500.

Convinced the wife to apply: approved for $30k. She's kindof miffed because she has stellar credit and doesn't understand how I bested her by $20k, but she received the 13.9% rate.

lol

Don't tell anyone , but I forgot it was a holiday , and checked my box!

I bet my neighbors think I'm a real dbag

lol

Don't tell anyone , but I forgot it was a holiday , and checked my box!

I bet my neighbors think I'm a real dbag

I'm guilty also. ;)

Totally forgot there was no mail today

Ha - busy weekend - it was the little one's first birthday with company in from out of town, so didn't check it on Saturday :)

Enjoy your baby :)

Hope he got a lot of nice toys

I figured I'd get denied because I don't really believe I'm in Cap One's general customer profile. I got approved for 30K during Venture card mania. Got the email today. Not my highest CL, but still respectable.....I'm surprised! A good science experiment. :ph34r:

I also went ahead and applied, I was approved for a $30k line. I'm disappointed that my mom was able to pull a $50k limit with 790s and I only got $30k with 850s.

Has anyone recon'd with the EO office? I'm thinking about calling in and asking for $50k.

Does the credit limit have more to do with the income than credit score?

I figured I'd get denied because I don't really believe I'm in Cap One's general customer profile. I got approved for 30K during Venture card mania. Got the email today. Not my highest CL, but still respectable.....I'm surprised! A good science experiment. :ph34r:

I also went ahead and applied, I was approved for a $30k line. I'm disappointed that my mom was able to pull a $50k limit with 790s and I only got $30k with 850s.

Has anyone recon'd with the EO office? I'm thinking about calling in and asking for $50k.

Does the credit limit have more to do with the income than credit score?

Credit limits are rarely determined by credit score.

Income was lower, UTIL was higher, and the profile, imo, was weaker with the $50K approval. Doesn't really make sense.

I put a call in last night to the EO for recon and requested $50K, lets see what happens.

The Chex system gives a wealth index from 0 to 6. I am wondering if some banks are also using Chex systems as one of the tools while determining credit limits? I recently ordered my Chex report and was surprised that they had attributed to me a property I held under an LLC structure for tax purposes.

I received the 13.9% rate as well and did not get a credit score... I guess because of the rate there was no adverse action reason... however apped Amex same day and didn't get best rate, but got EX Fico score of 760. It's interesting how each lender has a different policy regarding limits and interest rate.

Just another thing I love about my new Venture card...

I hit my $3k spend yesterday, and the 40k bonus "miles" were posted to my account and usable today. :)

I hit my $3k spend yesterday, and the 40k bonus "miles" were posted to my account and usable today. :)

Amex posted my 75K MR points the day I hit my bonus. There are several places that don't make you wait.

C1 you usually get your points once a new purchase is posted.

So they are super fast

Are these high CLs for the Venture cards or any of the other?

The Venture has consistently shown the highest CLs.

There is an odd question on the application asking how much you spend per month. Does this have any relevance?

I assume it must have some relevance since they coded it into the app. I entered $5k and got a $30k line. I assume income has much more bearing.

Amex posted my 75K MR points the day I hit my bonus. There are several places that don't make you wait.

Wow, my AMEX SimplyCash takes three months to post rewards :(

There is an odd question on the application asking how much you spend per month. Does this have any relevance?

I assume it must have some relevance since they coded it into the app. I entered $5k and got a $30k line. I assume income has much more bearing.

What was your posted income if you don't mind me asking?

My PRG bonus points didn't post until the FOLLOWING statement cut.

What was your posted income if you don't mind me asking?

$150k

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.