Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Is Cap 1 on Crack? 50K Limits?

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

Oh, I forgot to mention..

I have had two C1 cards STUCK at $500 each for 4 years that I could never get CLI's.. even with the EO as late as December. Tried for the Venture on 11/26 (still staring at that EX pull), no dice.. the ONLY thing that was different for me was apping with balances reported and NO Ex this time.

got this response... whew...

Thank you for applying for a credit card issued by Cap.... Unfortunately, after reviewing your application and information obtained from your consumer credit report(s) from the agencies detailed on the back of this letter - we cannot approve your request at this time. The reason(s) for our decision are: •

Based on your credit report from Equifax, credit bureau information is missing or unavailable •

Based on your credit report from Experian, credit bureau information is missing or unavailable

so much for a TU only pull...Thank goodness for Smart C.

Even tophie got approved. I can only imagine what the CL is. :lol:

who the heck is tophie?

He had the fake $300K Amex screen shot and also claimed to have $75K and $50K cards with Barclays. This was part of his $800K CC portfolio.

Keep in mind that this was all less than a year out of BK.

:rofl:

Here's the Amex thread: http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=533106

Edited by mendelssohn

who the heck is tophie?

He had the fake $300K Amex screen shot and also claimed to have $75K and $50K cards with Barclays. This was part of his $900K CC portfolio.

Here's the Amex thread: http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=533106

Seeing your explanation of who Tophie is, then seeing the thread title on the thread you linked, is freaking hilarious.

who the heck is tophie?

He had the fake $300K Amex screen shot and also claimed to have $75K and $50K cards with Barclays. This was part of his $900K CC portfolio.

Seeing your explanation of who Tophie is, then seeing the thread title on the thread you linked, is freaking hilarious.

He really shot himself in the foot in that thread because in addition to the bad Photoshop job, he didn't research his lie to know that the max Amex CL is $100K. :lol:

who the heck is tophie?

He really shot himself in the foot in that thread because in addition to the bad Photoshop job, he didn't research his lie to know that the max Amex CL is $100K. :lol:

The photoshop is hilariously bad. I've noticed sometimes people dont use a dropper tool to match backgrounds exactly and don't notice the subtle differences in hex codes with their vision alone due to monitors showing colors slightly differently or whatever... so sometimes they seriously think other people can't see the color difference of the box around whatever they shopped when in reality people with decent monitors can truly SEE The photoshop in no uncertain terms and without any argument being valid.

Tophie should've gotten a better monitor.

What is the point in Photoshopping a higher CL approval?

To us, there is no point. Some people want to feel important in their fake online life I guess.

Tophie probably didn't even have an Amex card if you read the timeline.

Edited by mendelssohn

What is the point in killing Mary and shooting the priest as well?

(edit: sorry but I've had O:M in my car the past couple of months and listened to it quite a bit, couldn't resist)

Edited by GonnaGetEm

Thought I'd be a GP on this one. FICO scores are 850 across all CRA's. 29 yrs AAOA, No INQ's newer than a year, 1% utilization, (4) of 12 revolving accounts show a balance. (1) active mortgage account, (1) active auto loan, (0) baddies, collections, liens.

I got the 7-10 day message....... :blush:

I will update as I know more.

Interesting. :blink:

I was thinking of applying for myself to get another $50k limit but now,

I'm having second thoughts.

Looking forward to seeing why they denied you.

Thought I'd be a GP on this one. FICO scores are 850 across all CRA's. 29 yrs AAOA, No INQ's newer than a year, 1% utilization, (4) of 12 revolving accounts show a balance. (1) active mortgage account, (1) active auto loan, (0) baddies, collections, liens.

Anyone who gets denied for having "good" credit isn't going to get a straight answer on the denial letter.

What are they going to say " Your profile shows us your not at risk to run a balance or miss a payment, and we don't want financially savvy or financially literate customers"

Anyone who gets denied for having "good" credit isn't going to get a straight answer on the denial letter.

What are they going to say " Your profile shows us your not at risk to run a balance or miss a payment, and we don't want financially savvy or financially literate customers"

Agreed.

To us, there is no point. Some people want to feel important in their fake online life I guess.

Tophie probably didn't even have an Amex card if you read the timeline.

I'm with you; don't see any point in trying to fool us. We're here to learn and share knowledge, not be a..... :angel:

Lost track of the thread for a while... :blush2:

easy tiger... that may be.... but there is a difference between thinking it and saying it.

You don't need a straight answer, it's easy

to read in between the lines.

If they say that they denied him for XYZ and it isn't

accurate, then that says it all.

So last night I checked CK after I applied and it only showed up as a HI on TU.

Refreshed USAA and now see a HI on EQ.

So they pulled 2 CB and still gave me a flat out decline.

Thank you C1. Looking forward to your letter

easy tiger... that may be.... but there is a difference between thinking it and saying it.

I'm not talking chocolate on anybody...except for Cap 1. Their business model is to get people to pay interest. They do not want transacters, they want revolvers.

If you have a better explanation for denying people with 850 scores across the board and 1% utilization, serve it up. Otherwise....

I'm not talking chocolate on anybody...except for Cap 1. Their business model is to get people to pay interest. They do not want transacters, they want revolvers.

If you have a better explanation for denying people with 850 scores across the board and 1% utilization, serve it up. Otherwise....

cappy, that stinks... I am so glad that I had EQ frozen. I am just lucky that I did not bend. xo

cappy, that stinks... I am so glad that I had EQ frozen. I am just lucky that I did not bend. xo

I don't know what I'll be more upset about when I read the letter.

If the denial was from the EX freeze or my actual credit profile...

Although, I don't see any real reason why I would be denied at This point.

I hate EQ Inqs.

I just worked so hard for the last 3 months and now already back at 4.

The problem is, this isn't accurate. I had 1% utilization and close to 850 scores and haven't revolved $hit in a couple of years at least, but I got an instant approval. Of couse I did let them pull all 3.

The problem is, this isn't accurate. I had 1% utilization and close to 850 scores and haven't revolved $hit in a couple of years at least, but I got an instant approval. Of couse I did let them pull all 3.
Don't you have a fairly thin file?

I think that factors in with Cap1.

Edited by mendelssohn

Don't you have a fairly thin file?

I believe I have 37 tradelines.. or is it 38?

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.