Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Is Cap 1 on Crack? 50K Limits?

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

Just an update here on the venture, someone mentioned earlier about wanting to test 740+ with high income - I apped it last Thurs with 740-770 and 900k and it gave me a 20k limit. I decided to test my luck and ride the same pull so I got 10k on a q's 10 mins later.

Thick file, AAOA about 5 years, 20% util... I may just not be cap1 lucky, because I was denied the last few years.

Anybody think I should call and ask for the 50? ;)

I'm surprised yours was so low. (Did I really just say 20K CapOne was "so low"?!?). Definitely give 'em a call.

Just an update here on the venture, someone mentioned earlier about wanting to test 740+ with high income - I apped it last Thurs with 740-770 and 900k and it gave me a 20k limit. I decided to test my luck and ride the same pull so I got 10k on a q's 10 mins later.

Thick file, AAOA about 5 years, 20% util... I may just not be cap1 lucky, because I was denied the last few years.

Anybody think I should call and ask for the 50? ;)

I'm surprised yours was so low. (Did I really just say 20K CapOne was "so low"?!?). Definitely give 'em a call.

900k?

Plunge, if doing it.

Armed this morning with fresh coffee I decided to move up my Amex timetable and take the Cap1 plunge. I didn't feel like I was in their sweet spot for a big limit because of low utilization, but I wanted to see because of other fairly large $20k plus lines. I ended up with a mixed bag. I got the lowest interest rate on the card, but only $10k. The Amex 2 fer was successful with the PRG and Everyday D* to 1999. All in all it was a good morning. Picked up about 7 months on AAOA and another $20k in lines plus a decent spend bonus.

Plunge, if doing it.

Armed this morning with fresh coffee I decided to move up my Amex timetable and take the Cap1 plunge. I didn't feel like I was in their sweet spot for a big limit because of low utilization, but I wanted to see because of other fairly large $20k plus lines. I ended up with a mixed bag. I got the lowest interest rate on the card, but only $10k. The Amex 2 fer was successful with the PRG and Everyday D* to 1999. All in all it was a good morning. Picked up about 7 months on AAOA and another $20k in lines plus a decent spend bonus.

Congrats! :clapping:

Plunge, if doing it.

Excellent! :good:

21bbf31d-1777-47b0-8a4d-1ea5dcb8417b_zps

Just apped for my mom, 790+ FICOs across the board.

Highest tradeline is PSECU at 20k and an AU on my BofA at $50k.

Not bad.

*I thought I had her EX on ice, I was wrong. It's thawed. I'll confirm that all three reports were pulled when I get the alerts.

Edited by m3jasper

Has anyone apped successfully with only EX on ice? I want to get one for my wife

but I don't want to waste an EX pull if I don't have to.

21bbf31d-1777-47b0-8a4d-1ea5dcb8417b_zps

Just apped for my mom, 790+ FICOs across the board.

Highest tradeline is PSECU at 20k and an AU on my BofA at $50k.

Not bad.

*I thought I had her EX on ice, I was wrong. It's thawed. I'll confirm that all three reports were pulled when I get the alerts.

:clapping:

And the hits just keep on coming!

Still crossing my fingers for a $75k :angel:

Dont think that is possible, but I've been wrong before.

I don't either. But three days ago I didn't think $50K was, so who knows. If MJ tries at 850 and doesn't get higher then I'd say we've pretty much proven $50K is the new ceiling.

Edited by Aahz

My largest.

Let's put all this other chocolate to bed.

Congrats, Jay! Mine was also my highest. Not sure how much this will grow with me but for now another big TL reporting is helpful with my higher limits strategy. I also desperately needed a card with a good limit for European travel that doesn't have foreign transaction fees so this works out well for me.

Lil & J-man,

Kudos, those CLs sure won't hurt your totals!

Yes.

I app'ed EX on ice, 30k approval.

Great, thanks!

:clapping:

And the hits just keep on coming!

Still crossing my fingers for a $75k :angel:

I genuinely doubt you'll see it, $50k to start out with an automated approval is as good as I've seen.

Here is the deal. Since I was looked at as being "better" than others.

I took this hit, to make my point. I am a member of CB to contribute. I will do that alone if I have to. I am never leaving.

I was approved for a 30k line.

I don't know if I will use it beyond the bonus spend, or keep it after year one.

Point is, we are all the same. No matter where you come from or what your name is.

I can't post a screenshot because I am on my phone, but I now have Cap One card.

Congrats JAY!!!

Actually pretty happy with it. :D

Largest line ever and something to be proud of after all.

A Cap One Pry Bar. :lol:

Largest reporting CC was 17k.

This thread caused me to thaw EQ and take the plunge.

Instant approval for 5K

Trying not to feel poopy here but cannot seem to break the 5K barrier.

Thought this was going to be the one.

Nope.

Maybe I should seek to combine limits with CSP & United? 5K each

Instant approval for 5K

Nope.

Hey, nothing wrong with that! Congrats!!

And yes, combining is a sure way to bigger prybars. And Chase is the easiest way to do so! :good:

Actually pretty happy with it. :D

Largest line ever and something to be proud of after all.

A Cap One Pry Bar. :lol:

Largest reporting CC was 17k.

The timing for this pry bar was picture perfection.

Nice going.

It really was, I have CLIs in the future, and it all fell into place pretty well.

Two BOA cards hopefully getting to this level.

Citi, Navy, ...

It is helpful.

Instant approval for 5K

Nope.

Hey, nothing wrong with that! Congrats!!

And yes, combining is a sure way to bigger prybars. And Chase is the easiest way to do so! :good:

Thanks, Jay.

The truth is six months ago I would have been dancing in the street with a 5K approval.

Now... not so much.

All a matter of perspective, I suppose.

OK, I'll get excited.

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.