Is Cap 1 on Crack? 50K Limits?

The last post in this topic was posted 1678 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Erm... $50k appears to be a legit approval limit. I, of all people, probably shouldn't have been approved for anything near this amount (highest card yet is $15k limit). Scores in upper 600/low 700, about 30% util out of approx $70k in available credit. BK-7 discharged in May 2009. EQ frozen. Was recently approved for a $12k Cap1 Spark card, and also have a $6k QS with Cap1 as well. Income is $147k. So... yay me? Once I get the card I'll post a screencap of my Cap1 profile to validate:

cap1approved.png

u3gspi.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... that is simply amazing... congrats... guess the $30 K theory just went flying out the window...

Two 50k confirmations do not a run make.

nope... not a run but a surprise... I'm still not apping it... however, it's good to see someone score such a high limit... it does seem purely income driven because nothing else matches... in a different credit environment that may have been a quick decline. In this one... $50K Still shaking my head

Wow... that is simply amazing... congrats... guess the $30 K theory just went flying out the window...

This is true, but I believe a CB member with a post count that high sharing his good fortune. We now know it is possible. Not a frequent occurrence but it is real.

This is true, but I believe a CB member with a post count that high sharing his good fortune. We now know it is possible. Not a frequent occurrence but it is real.

Oh no. Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy that JD got that 50k limit!

Just pointing out that we should be a little weary of calling the slots loose.

Erm... $50k appears to be a legit approval limit. I, of all people, probably shouldn't have been approved for anything near this amount (highest card yet is $15k limit). Scores in upper 600/low 700, about 30% util out of approx $70k in available credit. BK-7 discharged in May 2009. EQ frozen. Was recently approved for a $12k Cap1 Spark card, and also have a $6k QS with Cap1 as well. Income is $147k. So... yay me? Once I get the card I'll post a screencap of my Cap1 profile to validate:

cap1approved.png

This is just excellent! Now I know that Uber and Mendy are going to app and get 100K limits.

I hear 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, looking for 20, 20, 20, 20.

I got 20, looking for 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, going once .. 30 from the Cap 1 in the back.

Got 30, looking for 50, 50, 50, 50 ... we got 50!

Now looking for 100. 100, 100, 100 .... who is going to give us 100....

Although I know this post will ruffle some feathers, it's honestly not meant as an attack of any sort. Hopefully y'all can take it as intended: food for thought.

There seems to be a very strong tendency here at CB to disbelieve anything that happens to people that are not BI(SK)s. This is bad science.

The credit world has an ever evolving climate. Things change rapidly and one must guard against becoming over-confident in past experiments. Several things held as CB dogma have been disproven in the last few months. 50K Capital One lines and "too many payments in a month" are two off the top of my head.

The work done by many here at CB is truly invalaluable. I would just hate to see (normal, completely understandable) tribalism get in the way of that work continuing to be valauable going forward.

The MF post that initiated this thread is the perfect example. In reading that OP there is nothing that sets off alarm bells except that it falls outside the realm of BI(SK) experience. The OP was not a bragging post, but a seeking of other information. He was pleased by the 50K line (and subsequent 20K line) but surprised by the MF community's reaction to it. Nothing in that post looks like "screaming for attention" to me. But it was immediately dismissed and attacked here at CB as impossible.

Just something to think about as scientists.

Although I know this post will ruffle some feathers, it's honestly not meant as an attack of any sort. Hopefully y'all can take it as intended: food for thought.
There seems to be a very strong tendency here at CB to disbelieve anything that happens to people that are not BI(SK)s. This is bad science.
The credit world has an ever evolving climate. Things change rapidly and one must guard against becoming over-confident in past experiments. Several things held as CB dogma have been disproven in the last few months. 50K Capital One lines and "too many payments in a month" are two off the top of my head.
The work done by many here at CB is truly invalaluable. I would just hate to see (normal, completely understandable) tribalism get in the way of that work continuing to be valauable going forward.
The MF post that initiated this thread is the perfect example. In reading that OP there is nothing that sets off alarm bells except that it falls outside the realm of BI(SK) experience. The OP was not a bragging post, but a seeking of other information. He was pleased by the 50K line (and subsequent 20K line) but surprised by the MF community's reaction to it. Nothing in that post looks like "screaming for attention" to me. But it was immediately dismissed and attacked here at CB as impossible.
Just something to think about as scientists.

Yeah, I owe him an apology. I read the skeptics on CB and then went to try to validate it. The biggest mistake WE ALL MAKE is assuming that our own experience is a universal experience. Some of us fight and fight and fight for our positions because they are what happened to us, but with everything and everyone, YMMV.

And this is supposed to be fun. no point casting a pall on every piece of good news that doesn't fit our own world view. I'm as guilty as the next guy/gal. Got to try to be a little more humble.

cap1approved.png

This is just excellent! Now I know that Uber and Mendy are going to app and get 100K limits.

I hear 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, looking for 20, 20, 20, 20.

I got 20, looking for 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, going once .. 30 from the Cap 1 in the back.

Got 30, looking for 50, 50, 50, 50 ... we got 50!

Now looking for 100. 100, 100, 100 .... who is going to give us 100....

2dvr4vq.jpg

What sets off alarms is the 6 Amex approvals in one day.

2 $50K approvals doesn't make a trend.

The too many payments in one month may be debatable, but no myth was disproven.

Yes, everyone contributes to this site and nobody with a BI(SK) title claims to know everything.

FYI for the post above yours, I've seen lots of Chase, Citi, BOA, NFCU, Alliant, and PenFed $50K CLs on CB.

What sets off alarms is the 6 Amex approvals in one day.

Agreed. But that didn't show up until several days into the thread's existence.

I'm honestly over the arguing about the guy's veracity. I still don't know what to believe.

And I don't really want to debate the validity of my "ruffling post" either. I just thought I'd put it out there for individual contemplation.

Who said it was a trend? It is clearly an anomaly for those with the right income and credit score and whatever else they are looking for. It is never a trend for the majority of people to get the highest credit limits. Would you believe it if you got a 50K limit.

The point was that there were some 50K limits being assigned. We now have proof. Nobody send anything about a trend. They are not going to give those to everybody.

The last post in this topic was posted 1678 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.