Sign in to follow this  
alexsmith

Date of Delinquency not reporting??

I'd like to say again thanks for all the help, I recently deleted all the judgments on my report and now I feel confident in tackling the other collections on my credit report

I'm wondering if anybody knows the answer to this or had this problem before, I've read that the time clock for how long a collection stays on your report depends on the date of first delinquency. However, Transunion and Experian only report the date the account opened as 2012. Equifax reports a date of first delinquency correctly as 2008 for two of the collection accounts and 2009 for one account. Since I know these accounts are delinquent, how should I go about deleting these accounts as obsolete even if they aren't reporting the DOFD?

It would be best to tread lightly if the accounts are not past the state statute of limitations, especially if the amount of the debt is fairly large; otherwise, the risk of being sued is a problem.

Well for Maryland that statue of limitations is 3 years for collections, and these collection accounts I know are from at the latest 2009. My estimate is that "date account opened" section is for the collection agency or the junk debt collector. Does the SOL change for medical collections or is it also the same as non-medical?

Follow the guides:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

The initial dispute letter should give you good results as it appears that the medical accounts you referred to are from JDBs and not th original assigned CA

The date of delinquency is the date of medical service, not the date the account was first turned over to a CA

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html

Thanks Whychat, the collection agencies are NCO and american collection credit. If it's date of medical service then I know these are from 2007/2008 for sure since that's when I was in the hospital, should I add that these are obsolete to my letter or just send the dispute as is in sample from your page?

If you change the initial dispute letter by claiming it is obsolete ( which is already in the dispute letter) you are messing things up.

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaadisp.html

Here is the suggested text to insert:

If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies I have no knowledge or records of the listed account(s). Please advise me as to the name(s) and address(es) of the medical provider(s), the date(s) and type(s) of service,and to whom the service(s) was (were) provided, as any account(s) I might have had may be obsolete.

So to update, I recieved a response from the hospital directly (not the CRA) pointing out the date of service which according to the paper was 02/09 and amount owed.

However for the other hospital items that I disputed on my credit report I did not recieve a response from any of the three agencies yet however except for a generic letter from experian about having 30 days to respond. Since the hospital responded but nothing from the CRA, how should I respond to that? Also how should I respond to the agencies that did not respond to me yet since I am nearing the 30 day mark?

Hey Whychat, I haven't received any mail/responses as of today from the CRA's. I disputed three medical accounts to the CRA's and I only go a letter in the mail from one hospital addressed directly to me.

I sent the letters certified mail on February 2nd and they received it on February 7th according to the tracking information from USPS.

I sent the letters certified mail on February 2nd and they received it on February 7th according to the tracking information from USPS.

Are you saying you have had NO response from the CRAs?? Check each report's "back door" to see what is going on.

I pulled my fico recently and experian had the collection accounts as "dispute in progress", the other two doesn't show a change in status.

I did not receive a mail response from the CRA's other than a generic response from experian stating that they received my dispute request and they have 30 days to follow through. I did receive a bill from a hospital with the date of service and bill amount highlighted, which tells me one of the CRA's did send them the dispute request.

I don't know how to back door, I'm guessing if I log in online I should see an update. Is that correct?

To use the backdoor you need a recent credit report with an ID# from the CRA. You go to the website and click on NEW DISPUTE( you do NOT actually file a new dispute) this will bring up your current credit report.

I got two responses in the mail from Experian and Equifax dated for just under the 30 day mark. One of the three medical accounts were deleted but both reports state the standard message of being able to verify that I own the account. What should my next step be?