Are you from NY?

The last post in this topic was posted 1330 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

It wasn't just snow. We also had freezing rain. My poor poor car was covered in ice.

The only door I can open right now is the drivers side, thank goodness.

I thought it might be nice to find some fellow NYers on here. It's nice to hear that this is quite a few.

I'm from Long Island. Now I live in Buffalo.

People generally don't move TO Buffalo. Was it a job that took you there?

I went to college up here and got a job right out of college. My first winter there was no measurable snow until after Christmas. I kept thinking Buffalo got a bum rap with its snow reputation...lol if I only knew then what I know now.

NY here also, downstate but not City downstate.

I'm sooooo tired of the snow also. Yesterday was tons of fun shoveling the sleet that fell after I had the driveway clean. And getting down my block was a joy also seeing as how my town decided that one pass with the salt truck was enough.

And of course I work on the top of a hill and getting up that hill this morning was interesting. Going down will be even more fun. I'm so done with snow and ice and freezing rain and all that stuff.

I'm sooooo tired of the snow also. Yesterday was tons of fun shoveling the sleet that fell after I had the driveway clean. And getting down my block was a joy also seeing as how my town decided that one pass with the salt truck was enough.

And of course I work on the top of a hill and getting up that hill this morning was interesting. Going down will be even more fun. I'm so done with snow and ice and freezing rain and all that stuff.

You made me laugh with the hill. I feel the same way.

I live in a town that is so hilly. This morning I didn't think that I would make it up the hill but by the grace of God I did. At this point I have two hills that I have to go down to get to my place and I'm trying to decide which one will least likely end with my death.

Brace yourself though because we're expected to get yet more snow on Thursday and more snow Monday. I just cannot wait! I thankfully work for a school district of sorts and they closed last week Tuesday and Wednesday and then yesterday. I will also try to work for a school district for the rest of my life because of that.

I hope that your drive down the hill goes well! Hopefully the temp will raise and get rid of some of the ice.

Edited by AnnMicheleMos

I live in a town that is so hilly. This morning I didn't think that I would make it up the hill but by the grace of God I did. At this point I have two hills that I have to go down to get to my place and I'm trying to decide which one will least likely end with my death.

Brace yourself though because we're expected to get yet more snow on Thursday and more snow Monday. I just cannot wait! I thankfully work for a school district of sorts and they closed last week Tuesday and Wednesday and then yesterday. I will also try to work for a school district for the rest of my life because of that.

I hope that your drive down the hill goes well! Hopefully the temp will raise and get rid of some of the ice.

It was OK this afternoon when I went out so I should be OK going home. I heard there was supposed to be more snow this week. I cringed when I heard that........................

It was OK this afternoon when I went out so I should be OK going home. I heard there was supposed to be more snow this week. I cringed when I heard that........................

It's really ridiculous. I am done.

I'm a NY'er .... close to LI.

Close like city close?

Anyone here familiar with the Dansville area? I lived there for 3 years.

I survived the infamous Blizzard of '77. I was just a kid at the time though, so it was fun for me, hahaha. And there were a number of times where people could walk out their 2nd story window and just keep going without falling because the snow was so freaking high.

I hate winter, even where I am now, but there's no way I could live in that white crap again.

Anyone here familiar with the Dansville area? I lived there for 3 years.

I survived the infamous Blizzard of '77. I was just a kid at the time though, so it was fun for me, hahaha. And there were a number of times where people could walk out their 2nd story window and just keep going without falling because the snow was so freaking high.

I hate winter, even where I am now, but there's no way I could live in that white crap again.

Sorry I haven't. Is that upstate? If it isn't on Long Island or Manhattan I have no idea.

Unfortunately I do not know of the blizzard of '77 either as I wasn't born until '84 but hearing that people could walk around from their second floor window makes me want to book the first flight I can find to GA.

Nemo the nor'easter was horrible enough for me. The town that I live in didn't have the roads plowed for days, it was ridiculous!

Here's a picture of the car that I had at the time when I finally emerged from the basement apartment I was renting then. I was sick when the snow starting falling and even when I took this picture so helping out was barely an option. I took this picture and went back inside.

1320c034-629d-4aab-91db-365bcdb0fc2a_zps

I hate the white devil dust that falls from the sky in the winter. Snow is a four letter curse word to me.

Edited by AnnMicheleMos
  • 3 years later...

Just wondering who on the site may be from NY.

I currently live on LI where it is snowing right now, again. I'm so over this snow nonsense.

Where's my AnnMichele?

Here I am! Miss you, my friend!

Edited by AnnMichele

I currently live on LI where it is snowing right now, again. I'm so over this snow nonsense.

NY Smithtown

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I lived in Coram. Just recently relocated to Georgia. 😊

• Admin

NY Smithtown

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I lived in Coram. Just recently relocated to Georgia.

Hi Sweetie!! :wub:

The last post in this topic was posted 1330 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.