Sign in to follow this  
alexsmith

Successfully removed judgement from credit report! Experian not responding....

Hello,

After reading the whychat dispute template for judgments I successfully removed a public record that had an incorrect case number on Transunion and Equifax. However, with Experian they sent me a canned response stating the "If you question the results of our dispute process contact the furnisher of information directly or review original information in public record". What should my next step be in getting somebody from Experian to actually read and respond to this dispute.

File a complaint with the CFPB against Ex. for not properly investigating and deleting an erroneous public record that was properly investigated and deleted by Eq and TU. Send a copy of your filed complaint, (print it out before submission or save it as it will NOT be available once it is submitted) with the complaint file # to Ex att: Compliance Dept.

Print out your complaints BEFORE clicking enter. Your complaint should list the actions you have taken,( with dates for each) i.e. filed a proper dispute , (CRA) refusal to properly investigate or properly mark the account as in dispute is a violation of the FCRA and FACTA. Send a copy of the complaint with another dispute to Ex. Make sure that your follow up dispute to Ex is addressed to their compliance dept. sent CMRR and includes this phrase; "I reserve the right to take further action including taking civil action to recover damages.Please note that your Credit Reporting Agency is now subject to Federal consumer financial laws, including, among others, the FCRA and Title X of the Dodd-Frank Act, and related regulations including a ban on “Abusive” Acts or Practices. ( Section 1031 of the Dodd-Frank Act )"

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Thanks for the advice, After sending a followup Experian quickly removed the entry!! So no more judements on my report. Now it's time to focus on the old medical bills, they are 6 months away from the 7 year mark so I'm thinking about just disputing those as obsolete.

Thanks for the advice, After sending a followup Experian quickly removed the entry!! So no more judements on my report. Now it's time to focus on the old medical bills, they are 6 months away from the 7 year mark so I'm thinking about just disputing those as obsolete.

Alex, please advise, did you sent the CFPB complaint WhyChat spelled out above or did you simply send a letter you wrote? Did you send it by mail or via some other contact method?

Edited by david_weaver

David,

I sent a complaint to the CFPB like whychat posted, then sent an additional notice to Experian with a copy of the complaint I sent stating that they did not do a proper investigation. I sent the compliant via certified mail next day last week and I logged in to check my report today and it was removed.

Alex,

Congrats on your success! I too have public records with incorrect numbers recorded. When preparing WhyChat's dispute what type of paper did you use? I don't have personal stationary, can I use legal paper as long as I hand write it as instructed? Also, did you use the colored ink?

Wow, congratulations on getting Experian to do the right thing! That's not always easy!

Tell me about it. EX has given me an ulcer :aggressive:

I cant wait to get to the WhyChat Medical and Judgement removal part of my process! Im waiting to see my results from LexisNexis. Long story short, I was provided a Full Disclosure File, among several reports, from The Consulate when I crossed the border into the US in November 2014.

It wasnt until I read here on CB that I even know what these reports are and how they can be used!

I have learnd so much! READ READ READ

Would this technique be advised if I received one of EX "suspicious request" letters, and its been over 30days since they received my dispute?

I have followed up with a response to there "suspicious letter" with the docs needed...does this require an additional 30days?

Would this technique be advised if I received one of EX "suspicious request" letters, and its been over 30days since they received my dispute?

I have followed up with a response to there "suspicious letter" with the docs needed...does this require an additional 30days?

The additional docs will give them 15 extra days (45 total) to investigate.

Or, if you started with a free annualcreditreport, 45+15 = 60 days total to investigate.

Wait until after their time is up, and then check the EX backdoor.