Just got a call Monday from Gerald E. Moore & Associates. Say I owe a City of Atlanta parking citation. Gave me the citation# and said call back

bunyan

The last post in this topic was posted 3308 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello,

Well the subject says it all. I live in Northern Virginia, and I recall renting a rental car in Atlanta a few years back when I was visiting a sister there, but I do not recall ever getting any parking tickets. This is the first I'm hearing of this. Now that my credit score is over 700 (726 Experian FICO) and I do not have any baddies at all, I am terrified they are gonna start reporting. I think I have a game plan in place but I was wanted to get more input before I pull the trigger. Two heads are always better than one lol...

Option 1. Simply ignore them and hope they never report (This is not reporting yet)

Option 2. Call them and beg for their mercy, pay it and hope they don't report

Option 3. CMRR a DV letter, and ask that they not report this until they validate the debt (Since I had a rental car that adds another layer of obscurity when trying to link the car to me) and hope they can't validate. if they validate I'll probably go with option 2 or Jack Hammer them. I really don't think they'll validate to my satisfaction though

Option 4. 1-2 Punch them by sending them a DV letter and also sending the CRA a Verification letter. I am not sure if Moore will verify or not once the CRAs receive their Verification letters. If they do, I am certain they will not have validated with me prior to them verifying with the CRAs.

Suggestion fellow Creditboarders? I also might Jack Attack them if nothing else works...

I'm watching too tsjacobs

tweak...I have no clue but I'm guessing it's $200 or less. I have no problem paying if I have to

I'm leaning towards option 4 so far but I am not sure if the CRA's will be able to verify since it isn't showing on my reports yet.

Anyone know if I can do that if an item is not even showing on my reports yet?

Looks like I can pay it to ParkAtlanta using their website...but are they the OC or is Atlanta the OC? I know they have a contract to collect for Atlanta but unsure if they are the OC or Atlanta is. Don't want to pay ParkAtlanta and have them just send an update to Moore saying hey mark this as paid then it goes on my credit report... :-/

The link Shifter provided sounds like a winner but just wanted some more input on what you all think about whether or not the OC is Atlanta or ParkAtlanta...

Thanks for all the tips so far :-) I always learn a lot here

Edited by bunyan

Looks like I can pay it to ParkAtlanta using their website...but are they the OC or is Atlanta the OC? I know they have a contract to collect for Atlanta but unsure if they are the OC or Atlanta is. Don't want to pay ParkAtlanta and have them just send an update to Moore saying hey mark this as paid then it goes on my credit report... :-/

Sorry - I'm not completely clear on the distinction between ParkAtlanta and the City.

But shifter's method should still work.

PARKatlanta is a collaborative initiative led by the City's Department of Public Works that is modernizing the City's parking operations to improve convenience, access, fairness, and service for City motorists, residents, businesses, and visitors.

they are the OC.

Ok I just paid ParkAtlanta on their website and am sending a letter to the CA informing them it has been paid in full to the OC so they shouldnt take any further collection activities. (Used a copy of the letter shifter posted in his other thread thanks man!)

I am CMRRing the letter to:

The Law Offices of Gerald E. Moore

3101 Towercreek Pkwy Se, Ste 450

Atlanta, GA 30339

Anyone know if that's correct for them? I'm gonna roll with that one. If this pops up on my credit report in the future ill post that as well. I just went on an app spree too! Glad I got that out of the way before this lol

The last post in this topic was posted 3308 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.