shifter

Pay OC Instead of CA Process + Letter

I had an account with Comcast that went to a collection agency that was showing on my reports. I contacted the OC Comcast and asked if I could pay them directly and if they could send me a confirmation email. Comcast agreed and I payed and they sent me the confirmation email. I then sent this to the collection agency and the CB along with a dispute letter. Since the Creditor on my account wasn't Comcast but the collection agency and I payed and showed proof that I payed Comcast directly, the account was deleted from report! I don't know if that will work all of the time but it worked out in my favor.

If you pay OC CA has to remove their reporting they no longer have a debt to collect. Some CAs may attempt to update as paid, just force the issue and demand deletion.

Edited by mfarmer

That is awesome news. That means within 1 year all the negatives on my credit will be gone now. Woohoo!!!

Would this letter work on a CA account reporting to the CRAs, when I was under a payment arrangement with the OC? I just paid it off with the OC yesterday and would like the collection account removed from my reports.

What can be used with Afni to get them to delete?

Probably only a ITS letter...lol, unfortunately since they don't play by the rules.

This is genious. I am going to use this with afni. I paid the oc too. Thanks a BUNCH!

YOU CANNOT USES THIS WITH AFNI

THIS PROCCESS DOES NOT WORK WITH JDB'S

So, as to AFNI. To recap:

1. AFNI is a JDB

2. This process does not apply to AFNI, as such;

3. Separately from this, AFNI fancies themself to be above the law..

Citing this, and seeing how AFNI seems to have extreme trouble justifying themself within the law..

I put forth that perhaps AFNI can be ignored, even to age off, in the absence of engaging in nefarious legal combat with them.

Oui?

^ yeah, I even found a review that seems to represent the majority: (this from another site and written by someone that probably didn't know any better)

Had an account with AT&T Uverse which was never used.Had it installed and didn't work so returned it to AT&T.

They billed us anyways and it was sent to collections for $229. AFNI sent a letter in which we contacted them about the $229. We agreed to pay the $229 if AFNI would remove it from our credit. The representative agreed and said if it was paid in full they would remove it from credit reporting agencies.

We paid the $229 and it wasn't removed from the credit bureaus. We contacted AFNI and they said it would be removed in 7 years from when it was paid. This company will lie and get you to pay your collections by telling you what ever they need to tell you and then not do what they said they would do.

They are very deceptive and will not do what they say they are going to do.DON'T TRUST WHAT ANY REPRESENTATIVE FROM AFNI SAYS.

Edited by rslifkin

Just tried this method with an old ATT account sent to IC Systems. I paid ATT yesterday, disputed on Experian today, received notification that it was deleted today. On to the other two CRA's and the other stuff on my CR.

so I had an interesting phone call today. I get lots of sales calls on my business line and I can tell immediately when I pick up. this one was different so I stuck around to find out what they wanted.

I sold a rental property last year and it turns out the gas company deleted my billing information from their system when the account was closed, so they sent the final gas bill to the property address, which of course I never received. I forgot all about it, so I never contacted them about it.

so this call was from the collection agency they had hired to pursue it. I did some searching here and didn't find any specific information relating to this process, so I thought I'd post what I did for others.

I knew this debt was valid, but first I told them to send me something in writing and gave them a mailing address to send it.

then I hung up and immediately called the gas company directly to get all the information.

they told me what happened and said I could pay the bill with them. so I used their automated payment phone system and got my confirmation number.

I also got the name and address of the collection agency from the gas company, so I could send them a letter.

I then typed up this letter and mailed it off.

You can google and get the related website or also you can call CCE to understand in detail the further step.

Actually; there is a sample letter on this process in the " sample letter " forum.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=496348

& not all newbies know the difference between a CA and a JDB, this process with not work with a JDB.

Hi ICAN..this is the response to a complaint I filed with the NC Board of Insurance on of the collection agency...how should I respond? I also sent the CA your letter..

Ms. Daniels – thank you so much for bringing this matter the my attention. Here’s the synopsis of what has transpired on this account:

The account was placed with ONLINE Information Services for collection activity on 6/11/2013. We reported it to the credit files as delinquent and unpaid on 8/12/2013. We have never had any direct contact with the consumer. The balance in full was paid directly to the original client (Duke Energy) on 10/21/2015. At that time we mailed a Paid in Full letter to the consumer and reported the debt accurately per FCRA guidelines as “Paid in Full, Zero Balance”. This is not fraud and or a violation according to the FCRA and FDCPA. In fact, it is being reported accurately per FCRA guidelines as “Paid in Full, Zero balance. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Paul J Lengyel

Compliance Manager

ACA - CCCO

you shouldn't have used the word FRAUD.

If _________________never contacted me, then Collection accounts that have been closed and returned to the Original creditor are supposed to be deleted.

The Account in question was never paid to _______________, they admit they never solicited payment from me, then the fact that they are reporting it paid to them is a FCRA, FDCPA , and NC law violation as it furnishing false information to a credit reporting agency by a collection agency.

if this isn't deleted within 10 days, I'll turn it over to an attorney for review.

Thanks.

If _________________never contacted me, then

Thanks for responding..I'm just seeing this! The part I called fraudulent was the CA making a receipt on their letterhead of the payment made and they sent it to me. Of course it didn't have a payment method or anything on it because I didn't pay them....I will reply using your template and report back!!! Thanks for the help!!!

If _________________never contacted me, then Collection accounts that have been closed and returned to the Original creditor are supposed to be deleted.

The Account in question was never paid to _______________, they admit they never solicited payment from me, then the fact that they are reporting it paid to them is a FCRA, FDCPA , and NC law violation as it furnishing false information to a credit reporting agency by a collection agency.

if this isn't deleted within 10 days, I'll turn it over to an attorney for review.

Thanks.

Thanks for responding..I'm just seeing this! The part I called fraudulent was the CA making a receipt on their letterhead of the payment made and they sent it to me. Of course it didn't have a payment method or anything on it because I didn't pay them....I will reply using your template and report back!!! Thanks for the help!!!

Thanks.

the OC could have forwarded your payment to them and they could have processed it that way?

did you get a written receipt from the OC?

Thanks.

the OC could have forwarded your payment to them and they could have processed it that way?

did you get a written receipt from the OC?

YES! A reciept and they sent me a letter stating I paid them with the date on letterhead after I told them the CA wouldn't delete. I think the CA is just being an flowers so I may have to pay an attorney to send a letter....

did you use my response?

yes..I'm waiting for a reply from them...

10 days are probably up, they are waiting to hear from your attorney

did you use my response?

yes..I'm waiting for a reply from them...

10 days are probably up, they are waiting to hear from your attorney

It hasn't been 10 days from when I sent it but I have 2 phone consults set up with attorneys on Tuesday...

I've got four collections that I can pay off this week. Need advice on whether these are CAs or JDBs. Reading the thread it looks like Stellar is a CA. Any ideas on MRS BPO, TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS, and NORTH AMERICAN CREDIT SERVICES? Thx.

STELLAR RECOVERY
1327 HIGHWAY 2 WEST 100
KALISPELL, MT
(406) 755-9522 268 Comcast MRS BPO
1930 OLNEY AVE
CHERRY HILL, NJ
(844) 449-9517 203 11 TIME WARNER CABLE TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS
PO BOX 17205
WILMINGTON, DE
(877) 282-1250 296 NORTH AMER CRDT SVCS
2810 WALKER RD
CHATTANOOGA, TN
37421 581

This has kinda worked for me kind of on my wifes credit report. OC was Comcast, we paid comcast our bank statement says comcast made the charge to the card, ERC is reporting a paid collection on TU and EQ (EX deleted with the info from comcast) we fied a CFPB complaint and this was their reply...

"This is in response to a consumer complaint received from Merkurfan's wife. Our client, Comcast Cable Communications, LLC, placed a delinquent account with our office for collection on October XX, 2014. Please note our agency is not a debt purchaser. Our client maintains ownership of the account; therefore, we service the account on their behalf. Beginning November XX, 2014, ERC made several attempts to contact Mrs. merkurfan on the telephone number (Not her number, not sure where it came from). In addition, our office sent a letter notifying her of the account placement in our office on October XX, 2014 (we watch for this stuff, never got one). The letter was sent to the same address as provided in this complaint (they claim, I know this claim is enough for the law). Unfortunately, we have been unsuccessful in reaching her regarding the debt. On July XX, 2015, we were notified of a direct payment to the client of $XXX.XX; therefore, reducing the account balance to zero and closing the account in our office as paid in full. Because we are servicing the account on behalf of our client, we also credit report on behalf of our client. As the payment was made to close the account while the account was placed with ERC, we updated the credit report accordingly as paid in full. Whether the account is paid to ERC or to the client directly does not change the reporting. Because of the account closure, we submitted a request for the account to be updated as paid in full to all the credit reporting agencies. As a data furnisher, we are required to report the true and accurate status of the account to all credit reporting agencies. A deletion of the trade line would not be the true and accurate status of the account. ERC apologizes for any inconvenience caused. Our company works diligently to treat all customers with the utmost professionalism and respect. "

So I am looking for guidance as to what to fire back at them with. They also have an active collection for her that is 5 years old and we've got several letters saying we won't sue you on that account. I'd love for it all to go away but one step at a time.

REbuttal ; The Telephone # provided by ERC is incorrect, we never received any letters from ERC regarding the collection.

"we were notified of a direct payment to the client of $XXX.XX; therefore, reducing the account balance to zero and closing the account in our office as paid in full. "

Collection accounts that are closed and returned to the Creditor should be deleted by the Collection agency, as they are no longer servicing the account, the Creditor notified them that the account was paid in full and ERC service on the account ended.

Since no payment was ever made to ERC, by reporting the account as Paid, ERC is stating that a payment was received by them from Me, when it was not ie; providing False information to a credit reporting agency in violation of the FDCPA , and Willfully furnishing inaccurate & misleading information in violation of the FCRA.

a credit entry can be `incomplete or inaccurate' within the meaning of the FCRA `because it is patently incorrect, or because it is misleading in such a way and to such an extent that it can be expected to adversely affect credit decisions.'" Gorman, 584 F.3d at 1163 (quoting Sepulvado v. CSC Credit Servs., Inc., 158 F.3d 890, 895 (5th Cir. 1998)).

I submitted a dispute to "Midland Funding, LLC", so they transferred the alleged debt to "Midland Credit Management"... EXACT same address and started reporting under THAT name... Usual games CAs play, but it's amusing they kept it in-house.

I submitted a dispute to "Midland Funding, LLC", so they transferred the alleged debt to "Midland Credit Management"... EXACT same address and started reporting under THAT name... Usual games CAs play, but it's amusing they kept it in-house.

it's not amusing , it's probably illegal

have you read my response @ https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=584839&do=findComment&comment=5592342 ????

it's not amusing , it's probably illegal

have you read my response @ https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=584839&do=findComment&comment=5592342 ????

Just did, will use that in my dispute I'm sending next payday(I have a strict budget, I listen to MOST of what Dave Ramsey says about paying debt off)... I'm the brokest person I know with $2000 in the bank... Emergency fund plus saving up a bit for the security deposit to move to a cheaper apartment, I can get a 2 bedroom townhouse with a dishwasher for $45 less than I pay now for my 1 bedroom without a dishwasher.... And my daughter will have her own room when she visits...

Thank you for sharing this information. I did send the letter, however, I got some undesired results. My one and only collection account is for a utility bill, reporting on both TU and EQ. Upon paying the OC and sending the letter certified mail with green card in the original post, the CA updated the credit record to specify they are collecting on behalf of the utility company, but it's still an open collection. Roughly 7 days have lapsed since receipt of letter and they did not send a response whatsoever. I'm hoping to have someone much more experienced than I offer their input on this for my next course of action.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

Thank you for the quick and well laid out response. I'll fire back something based on your reply :)

Have you heard anything back from them? I have a Comcast collection that is with ERC. I was gonna pay Comcast directly today. I'm interested in knowing if this account was deleted.