shifter

Pay OC Instead of CA Process + Letter

I had a collection pop up with enhanced recovery for a Dish network bill that i never knew existed.

long story short i got Dish to accept the payment directly and the payment shows as DISH NETWORK on my bank statement

Should i mail the CA the letter above right away or is there other steps i should take?

I had a collection pop up with enhanced recovery for a Dish network bill that i never knew existed.

long story short i got Dish to accept the payment directly and the payment shows as DISH NETWORK on my bank statement

Should i mail the CA the letter above right away or is there other steps i should take?

Yeah, fire off the letter.

Got a credit karma notification today, checked my profile and enhanced recovery had been removed... Looks like it worked, thanks for the help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more interesting things happened today when i opened my mail. I find a dunning letter from AFNI for the Dish account that has been paid..... so what do i send to them, a DV letter or the same letter i sent to enhanced?

To add to the previous post, the date on the AFNI letter is after the date I have on the receipt from dish

I have a library account that was placed with Unique National Coll. for collections, saw it on my report and paid directly to the library on their website.

I am going to send the letter to the CA with the info from my payment. Should I include the actual receipt with the info or would that be too much info for them? I dont want to give them anything that is not required or helpful for the deletion.

the library is not reporting it, but it is listed through a CA.

I made a settlement and paid the OC. My question is to get the Ca which is IC sytems too remove the collections from my report can I use this letter and if so do I use my current address in the letter or the original my old address in the let

send this letter do I use my current address or the original address the CA is reporting ?

more interesting things happened today when i opened my mail. I find a dunning letter from AFNI for the Dish account that has been paid..... so what do i send to them, a DV letter or the same letter i sent to enhanced?

To add to the previous post, the date on the AFNI letter is after the date I have on the receipt from dish

Afni

Dear Afni

RE; account # __________________________

I'm not sure why you're stating that I owe a debt to your firm, this account had been paid in full to Dish Network.

Please review the account with your Assignor - I have a bank statement that shows that the payment was made to dish for the Amount they stated I owed.

Please note that under Restatement (2nd) of contracts, that if an obligor makes payment to the Assignor before the notice of assignment is provided, the debt is discharged.

If Dish network has sold your firm an account that has already been paid in full, your firm should seek recourse from the assignor.

If your firm reports this account as due and owing to Afni on my credit reports or as a paid collection, I will turn this over to an attorney for review and legal action for False credit reporting; FCRA and FDCPA violations.

Please cease all communications regarding this account.

Sincerely

( your printed name )

I received a CA letter from South West Credit Systems LP in TX, for a forgotten bill usually paid online. sent them the letter within 30 days requesting proof of alleged debt, contract from OC to collect alleged debt, copy of contract from me to OC proving my liability ect, and sent via certified mail yesterday. Went online to OC to see if their portal would still accept my payment, it did. awaiting CA to respond to my certified letter.

I sent the letter the OP posted to Enhanced Recovery Company (after paying the OC AT&T). All they did was update it to paid on all 3 reports. Should I file a complaint with cfpb? Start dispute with CRAs?

THIS PROCCESS DOES NOT WORK WITH JDB'S

So again... how can you tell the difference!?

I've got this same problem with:

STELLAR RECOVERY INC

OC: Comcast

TU: Open, Collection

EQ: Open, "unknown"

EX: Closed, collection

Last reported: 3/15

DoFD: Jan 23, 2013

Original $131 / Reporting $171

I have no idea whether Stellar is JDB or collecting for OC

THIS PROCCESS DOES NOT WORK WITH JDB'S

So again... how can you tell the difference!?

I've got this same problem with:

STELLAR RECOVERY INC

OC: Comcast

TU: Open, Collection

EQ: Open, "unknown"

EX: Closed, collection

Last reported: 3/15

DoFD: Jan 23, 2013

Original $131 / Reporting $171

I have no idea whether Stellar is JDB or collecting for OC

From what I can see Stellar appears to be a CA

I had similar with DirecTv, filed a complaint with BBB disputing balance, credits not applied, deposit not applied, statements not provided yada yada yada.

CA sent file back to OC within a week, I think its too much hassle for them to get documents from OC just easier to send case back and let OC deal with it.

Paid OC before being reassigned,

TL deleted since CA didn't have file anymore.

I have had good luck with BBB surprisingly, got 3 different baddies deleted that way.

Doesn't cost anything but a little time. Worst case is your back to square one to fight another way.

I've enhanced too for uverse... So I can py art and get enhanced off cr with this method? Mine is under Sol...

Got a credit karma notification today, checked my profile and enhanced recovery had been removed... Looks like it worked, thanks for the help!!!

& not all newbies know the difference between a CA and a JDB, this process with not work with a JDB.

How can you tell the difference?

• American Commercial Credit

• Arrow Financial

• Asset Acceptance, LLC

• CACV of Colorado, LLC

• Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC

• Centurion Capital Corporation

• Debt Buyers Inc.

• DSS Financial

• Easy Loan Corp.

• Faslo Solutions, LLC

• First Resolution Investment Corporation

• Generation Funding

• Hilco Receivables

• Hudson & Keyse

• LVNV Funding LLC

• Midland Credit Management

• Midland Funding, LLC

• MRC Receivables Corp.

• NCO Financial

• Palisades Collection LLC

• Persolve, LLC

• Portfolio Recovery

• Resurgent Capital Services

• RJF Financial

• Unifund CCR Partners

• Western States Financial

• World Wide Asset

There are also many new debt buyers showing up all the time.

Does anyone know if Credit Collection Services (CCS) is a CA or a JDB?

I'm dealing with a similiar issue as the OP and seeing if this can potentially help me.

I want to make sure I understand this completely.

If according to my CR the CA is reporting, I pay the OC then send the letter, the CA will have to delete the bad item from my CR?

If according to my CR the CA is reporting, I pay the OC then send the letter, the CA will have to delete the bad item from my CR?

you need to make sure it's a Collection agency for the OC, and not a Junk Debt Buyer who has purchase your account outright from the OC.

& not all newbies know the difference between a CA and a JDB, this process with not work with a JDB.

How can you tell the difference?

• American Commercial Credit

• Arrow Financial

• Asset Acceptance, LLC

• CACV of Colorado, LLC

• Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC

• Centurion Capital Corporation

• Debt Buyers Inc.

• DSS Financial

• Easy Loan Corp.

• Faslo Solutions, LLC

• First Resolution Investment Corporation

• Generation Funding

• Hilco Receivables

• Hudson & Keyse

• LVNV Funding LLC

• Midland Credit Management

• Midland Funding, LLC

• MRC Receivables Corp.

• NCO Financial

• Palisades Collection LLC

• Persolve, LLC

• Portfolio Recovery

• Resurgent Capital Services

• RJF Financial

• Unifund CCR Partners

• Western States Financial

• World Wide Asset

There are also many new debt buyers showing up all the time.

Does anyone know if Credit Collection Services (CCS) is a CA or a JDB?

I'm dealing with a similiar issue as the OP and seeing if this can potentially help me.

I thought you can tell the difference between a CA and JDB by what is stated on the CRA...............I know one of my collection accounts is listed as "debt buyer" on my Equifax so that's how I know it is a JDB

I sent the letter the OP posted to Enhanced Recovery Company (after paying the OC AT&T). All they did was update it to paid on all 3 reports. Should I file a complaint with cfpb? Start dispute with CRAs?

I would like to know how to handle a situation like this before I pay AT&T directly

Only Enchanced is reporting

This was going to be my throwback Thursday thread bump, but someone beat me to it :beee:

I would like to know how to handle a situation like this before I pay AT&T directly

Only Enchanced is reporting

Bumping your question for the experts.

It worked for Capital One via the E.O. route..

They recalled the debt from their CA..

ANY OTHER WAY, and I would have been told how they are "contractually obligated" with their CA and there would be nothing that they could do.. from their "Collections department."

:good:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

you need to make sure it's a Collection agency for the OC, and not a Junk Debt Buyer who has purchase your account outright from the OC.

This is a good point.

Sometimes, the OC retains ownership of the debt, and assigns a CA to collect on it.

It is for the above situation that I state how they say they are contractually obligated to let the CA collect.

Persistence at Capital One got the EO to recall the debt in the above situation ..

If a debt is purchased outright, that could be different.

Ok so If I pay the OC in full, does the CA have to remove their reporting from my credit report or just update to satisfied?