Should I try apping? Also what is D*??

AnnMichele

The last post in this topic was posted 2878 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Thanks to this amazing board and all the reading that I've been doing I have been able to raise my credit scores by quite some points. :D

I currently 1 CC it's a CapOne Secured Card and I'm wondering if I should try my luck at applying for another one. I am just wondering and figured that I would ask first before doing anything that may turn out to work against me in my journey into the 700's.

I have only one collection on two of my reports and a PR on one of them. Other than that I have my car payment that is being paid on time, as well a student loan that is being paid on time.

I have not done any apps since I got my CapOne card and honestly I don't have a strong desire to do it but it may help with improving my score even more than I will.

Any and all advice is welcomed.

THANKS!

Lastly, I've seen people talking about D* and I've looked all over this site to see what I can found out about it and I have no idea. Anyone want to fill me in please??

Edited by AnnMicheleMos

What are your scores and what report is that PR on? D* roughly speaking, is an Amex thing where your member since date is the account open date reported for all your cards. Say you open an Amex tomorrow, you will have a member since date of Jan 2015. Say in 5 years you decide you want another Amex, you app, are approved, you ask for the same member since date and it reports as such. It helps your average age of accounts.

Thanks to this amazing board and all the reading that I've been doing I have been able to raise my credit scores by quite some points. :D

I currently 1 CC it's a CapOne Secured Card and I'm wondering if I should try my luck at applying for another one. I am just wondering and figured that I would ask first before doing anything that may turn out to work against me in my journey into the 700's.

I have only one collection on two of my reports and a PR on one of them. Other than that I have my car payment that is being paid on time, as well a student loan that is being paid on time.

I have not done any apps since I got my CapOne card and honestly I don't have a strong desire to do it but it may help with improving my score even more than I will.

Any and all advice is welcomed.

THANKS!

Lastly, I've seen people talking about D* and I've looked all over this site to see what I can found out about it and I have no idea. Anyone want to fill me in please??

Rebuilding is also a part of repairing credit.

What are your FICO scores currently?

The ideal place you want to be is to have atleast 3 revolvers on your credit report with 1 card reporting a 2 dollar balance.

D* is the Member Since Date for Amex cards.

Just saw your scores. Amex will have to wait until your scores are higher.

Edited by FromBadtoGood

you need 2 more cards ASAP.

Okay, I guess I will get on that than. What cards would work with my scores though (other than Barclay that was mentioned)?

Saw the scores in your signature- you aren't in Amex territory yet. You do need more revolving trade lines though. Try Barclays- if denied call and recon

I will definitely apply for a Barclay card. Like I said before I will do what needs to be done to improve my scores more and it seems like that may be the only way to go.

I think that the PR is on EX, I don't remember. Either that or TU because EQ is my cleanest report with no collections or PRs.

"I think..."

is not part of credit repair

I agree but unfortunately I was hit with some bad news recently and with that going on my mind hasn't been as focused as it could be on my reports.

Meaning what is on what right now...

Edited by AnnMicheleMos

So I applied for the Barclay card and will hear back from them regarding the results. I saw that I may have a chance with another CapOne card. Should I go for that one too or look for something different since I already have a CapOne card?

Call 866-408-4064 tomorrow about your Barclay app.

They pull TU.

Is the CA or PR on that report?

TU is the one reporting the PR. They are only one that wouldn't delete it. I thought that it was wrong and disputed it on all 3 EX and EQ deleted it but not TU. I was thinking of disputing it again.

I will call Barclay this morning about the app.

2x C1 would be

less than ideal.

So Shifter what would you suggest? I've been looking and the only ones that are coming up that may work for me are

Capital One QuickSilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card

Capital One Platinum Card

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard

Why would it be less than ideal to have two CapOnes?

Saw the scores in your signature- you aren't in Amex territory yet. You do need more revolving trade lines though. Try Barclays- if denied call and recon

Call 866-408-4064 tomorrow about your Barclay app.

They pull TU.

Is the CA or PR on that report?

I called them today and was told I was denied because I haven't had my CapOne card for a few months. They mentioned nothing of my scores which just jumped to 670. I am a little lost as to what I should apply for next. Who is actually going to approve me? It can be a little frustrating. I guess I have to stick with just my CapOne for a while and see what happens. Edited by AnnMicheleMos

For secured cards that can graduate:

-Bank of America

-Wells Fargo

-US Bank

-Discover (you may be invited if you are declined for regular card)

-NFCU (if you are eligible)

Other secured cards

-SDFCU (no credit pull)

-DCU

-check out your local credit unions

-Bank of America

-Wells Fargo

-US Bank

Other secured cards

-SDFCU (no credit pull)

-DCU

Thank you! I am looking into the cards that graduate right now :grin:

-Bank of America

-Wells Fargo

-US Bank

Other secured cards

-SDFCU (no credit pull)

-DCU

NFCU and BOA are, in my opinion, the best of the lot. I put Discover behind them. I know little about the U.S. Bank card. Not a fan of Wells Fargo credit cards. Yeah, WF cards graduate, but to what?

-Bank of America

-Wells Fargo

-US Bank

Other secured cards

-SDFCU (no credit pull)

-DCU

NFCU and BOA are, in my opinion, the best of the lot. I put Discover behind them. I know little about the U.S. Bank card. Not a fan of Wells Fargo credit cards. Yeah, WF cards graduate, but to what?

I've never heard of U.S. Bank card before. Honestly I was going to go with either BOA or WF. I unfortunately cannot do both, money is a little too tight to be dropping $600 on secured cards all at once. I would need to space them out. I was thinking of WF since their APR and AF is lower. When you say graduate to what, do you mean what are the benefits of having an unsecured card with them?

I do plan on calling them both and seeing what happens when the cards graduates and how is the money returned.

-Bank of America

-Wells Fargo

-US Bank

Other secured cards

-SDFCU (no credit pull)

-DCU

I've never heard of U.S. Bank card before. Honestly I was going to go with either BOA or WF. I unfortunately cannot do both, money is a little too tight to be dropping $600 on secured cards all at once. I would need to space them out. I was thinking of WF since their APR and AF is lower. When you say graduate to what, do you mean what are the benefits of having an unsecured card with them?

I do plan on calling them both and seeing what happens when the cards graduates and how is the money returned.

You can get the BOA secured card as a 3-2-1 rewards card. That way you're getting at least 1% back on all regular purchases (not cash advances, etc.) You also get 2% on groceries and 3% on gas, for the first $1,500 of combined (for those two categories) purchases each quarter.

APR doesn't matter if you pay in full. Once the card graduates, there won't be an annual fee.

If you have a nearby branch, why not drop in and discuss this?

The last post in this topic was posted 2878 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.