Goodwill letter to USAA - Read it over for me?

The last post in this topic was posted 2246 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

USAA Federal Savings Bank
ATTN: Michael A. Luby (President and CEO)
9800 Fredericksburg Road
San Antonio, Texas 78288-0002

Mr. Luby,
My husband and I have been customers with USAA since 2005; longer if you count the period of time we were on our parent's USAA auto insurance. We have many USAA products and trust our business with you.
I'm writing this letter to ask for a goodwill adjustment on our USAA credit card account ending in #XXXX. There are entries for late payments on 7/10, 8/10, 9/10 and again in 12/11. I'd like to explain the circumstances that lead to these late payments. In 2009 my husband separated from the Air Force honorably after serving his 4-year enlistment. He was unemployed until November 2010 and I was only able to find part-time employment. During this time we suffered great financial hardship. We weathered it as best we could, but by July 2010 our savings were depleted and we did fall behind on payments. You'll note that as soon as he was employed again, we did resume timely payments. The missed payment in 12/11 was due to my own period of employment that lasted over a year. Again, you'll note that since that one missed payment, we have been timely and are actively working to pay out debt in full to USAA.
Both my husband and I have secured government employment and have bright futures ahead of us. Advancement and promotion opportunities will come with the need for increased security clearances and having a good credit rating will help us in this regard. I'd like to appeal to you for an adjustment on our account, if possible. We have been long term customers with USAA and with paid an auto loan and private loan outside of our credit card account without delinquency.
I appreciate your consideration in this matter and look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Wife
USAA Member #
Husband
USAA Member #

USAA Federal Savings Bank

ATTN: Michael A. Luby (President and CEO)

9800 Fredericksburg Road

San Antonio, Texas 78288-0002

Mr. Michael A. Luby,
My husband and I have been customers with USAA since 2005; actually longer if you count the period of time we were on our parent's USAA auto insurance. We have many USAA products and really appreciate being a part of the USAA family.
I am writing this letter to ask for a possible goodwill adjustment on our USAA credit card account ending in #XXXX. There are entries for late payments on 7/10, 8/10, 9/10 and again in 12/11. I would like to explain the circumstances that led to these late payments. In 2009 my husband separated from the Air Force honorably after serving his 4-year enlistment. He was unemployed until November 2010 and I was only able to find part-time employment. During this time we suffered great financial hardship. We weathered it as best we could, but by July 2010 our savings were depleted and we did fall behind on payments. As soon as he was employed again, we immediately resumed timely payments. The missed payment in 12/11 was due to my own period of employment that lasted over a year. Again, you will note that since that one missed payment, we have been timely and are actively working to pay our debt in full to USAA.
Both my husband and I have secured government employment and have bright futures ahead of us. Advancement and promotion opportunities will come with the need for increased security clearances and having a good credit rating will help us in this regard. I would like to appeal to you for an adjustment on our account, if possible. We have been long term customers with USAA and with paid an auto loan and private loan outside of our credit card account without delinquency.
I appreciate your consideration in this matter and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Wife
USAA Member #
Husband
USAA Member #

......just a suggestion.

Edited by pr0blumz

In case you're keeping this info for a future attempt, after the debt is paid, don't you mean, in paragraph 2, ..the missed payment was due to my own period of (un)employment? Otherwise, it doesn't make sense why you are asking for an adjustment. Leave out the adverb immediately (edited version) unless that is absolutely true. Also, since you have already addressed the letter to the CEO, who probably will never see it, instead of using his full name again, address as a regular business letter; i.e. Dear Mr. Luby. You don't have to thank customer service people for their time; that's their job.

My two cents only.

The last post in this topic was posted 2246 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.