NFCU Refer a Member, You Both Get $50

The last post in this topic was posted 2235 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

*This offer may not be combined with any other new-member offers at the time of the account opening. Must be over 18 to join online and to qualify for the incentive, which will appear as a credit on your savings account. To receive the $50 credit, the person referred for membership must be eligible to join and must apply online with the unique promo code. Any current NFCU member 18 or older may be a referring member. Expiration date: Feb. 28, 2015. Accounts must be in good standing for credits to be processed. Recruiters are not eligible to refer recruits. $5 minimum balance to open and maintain savings account and to obtain bonus. Annual Percentage Yield 0.25%, effective 12/19/14. Fees may reduce earnings, and rates may change. Bonus deposited within 14 business days of account opening. Program must be mentioned at time of joining for account to be credited. Limit 5 referrals per member. Navy Federal employees and their immediate family are not eligible to participate in this program.

Edited by mendelssohn

I'm guessing that for an infant you would use your own email address? I've been waiting for this to open my son's account and also add my wife.

Shortly after discovering a baby was coming my ex and I set up a Yahoo! account in her name. We used it to send out various "progress updates" and the official birth announcement :)

Also had the benefit of keeping all the various "congrats" posts out of our main email accounts (and gave us a single spot where either of us could reply if desired/necessary).

I'm guessing that for an infant you would use your own email address? I've been waiting for this to open my son's account and also add my wife.

Shortly after discovering a baby was coming my ex and I set up a Yahoo! account in her name. We used it to send out various "progress updates" and the official birth announcement :)

Also had the benefit of keeping all the various "congrats" posts out of our main email accounts (and gave us a single spot where either of us could reply if desired/necessary).

Good idea. I hadn't even thought of that. :good:

FYI, this promotion will only work if the people joining are over 18. I just tried to open membership for my son and it could not be completed online because he's under 18. I chatted with a CSR and they said it is only for online applications, so I wouldn't be able to do it under this promotion.

I guess I'm waiting until there's a general promotion to open his account.

They still won't let me join... haven't been on active duty since 1987, closed my account when I got out of the Navy... I tried calling last year to 'social engineer' my way back in, but it wasn't happening.

No qualifying relatives at the moment... maybe I can get my grandson to enlist in about 10 more years.....

The last post in this topic was posted 2235 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Menta33
      Looking to help a friend refinance a high balance mortgage at $550K 80% LTV in a county that goes up to $625K. Time horizon is about ten years before property is sold. May need non-occupying owner to sign the note also to get DTI ratios acceptable. Current note is presently in the non-occupying owner's name (brother of home occupant).

I'm looking at PenFed and NFCU so far.

PenFed offers a 5/5 at 2.875% and no origination fees with a 2% cap on adjustment and 43% DTI only needing a 680+ FICO score, however, all borrowers must reside in the house.

I don't know as much about the NFCU rates, so far it appears they offer a 5/5 at 2.5% and 0.25% origination fee but the rate varies with your FICO score, still getting more info on this one.

Other Credit Unions to consider? What about USAA, how good are their mortgage rates?
    • By Ummmmm ...
      Hello all,

I was approved in January for Navy's Cash Rewards card.
      At that time, their website advertised a rebate.
      The rebate involved spending a certain amount within 90 days, and receiving a rebate of $200.
      I called Navy this afternoon to be sure I qualify to receive this rebate.
      The representative says that my card does not have on record a five digit code that I would have had to give them when I opened the card, to take advantage of the rebate.

I know there are a lot of NFCUers out there -- anyone taking advantage of this rebate and if so, can anyone lend a hand with the five digit code?

Thank you!

• By iluvcb
      Does anyone have any "outside of the box" ways to attain membership at NFCU as I am to become a member as no one in my immediate family has served in the armed forces?

P.S. - I apologize for the typo in the subject line(I must have been typing to fast).
    • By Quietman
      Trying to build DW's credit file, she able to join this weekend based on my membership. I've been a member for about 5 years. Currently, her credit report is thin.

The pulled Equifax and TU for membership, then TU the next business day for CC approval. (all entered in the credit pulls database)

She was given a $10K Flagship Rewards card.

Her FICO scores:

Exp : 789
      TU : 798
      Eq : 806

I know it's not a "great" limit for Navy, but once her Amex $28K limit posts to the CRA's, you can bet we'll be getting out the "prybar".

• By JonCarrera
      Hi Marv,

Marv Question because your the only one that came to mind while i been car shopping recently. i recently applied and was approved by nfcu for 56k over 6 months at 4% but the car is really for my soon to be wife. and insurance has been under her name for the longest.

so question is would i be able to proceed to finance and insure and register under my wife, using NFCU ?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Lakheea

Important Information

Guidelines