Traffic Ticket Judgment??? Help???

The last post in this topic was posted 2316 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi all,

I have a traffic violation in TN (tags expired) from about 6 years ago. I just received a letter from a law office and the letter starts like this..... "A judgment for the above referenced amount has been taken against you for an unpaid citation. The judgment has been referred to this office for enforcement..... If we do not receive payment in full or an arrangement for payment, we are directed to follow the necessary and appropriate procedures to collect this judgment including garnishment or your wages and sale of your non exempt assets." Then the letter goes into your usual 30 day dispute the validity blah blah blah...

I'm not sure if they're using their own wording but there is no judgment for this ticket. I went downtown where they record judgments and there is nothing recorded. Can anyone give me insight on this?

Were you ever served?

Never served and no judgment on file.

These so-called lawyers appear then to be lying. Are you sure you're not just dealing with a CA?

Not for sure but the letter says Attorney at Law.

Were you ever served?

These so-called lawyers appear then to be lying. Are you sure you're not just dealing with a CA?

You might consider reporting them to the Tennessee Bar, once you're absolutely certain that there is no actual judgement.

Were you ever served?

You might consider reporting them to the Tennessee Bar, once you're absolutely certain that there is no actual judgement.

I'm already certain, it would be recorded, I would have been served. This is the first time I heard from them.

Hi all,

I have a traffic violation in TN (tags expired) from about 6 years ago. I just received a letter from a law office and the letter starts like this..... "A judgment for the above referenced amount has been taken against you for an unpaid citation. The judgment has been referred to this office for enforcement..... If we do not receive payment in full or an arrangement for payment, we are directed to follow the necessary and appropriate procedures to collect this judgment including garnishment or your wages and sale of your non exempt assets." Then the letter goes into your usual 30 day dispute the validity blah blah blah...

I'm not sure if they're using their own wording but there is no judgment for this ticket. I went downtown where they record judgments and there is nothing recorded. Can anyone give me insight on this?

Hi, Did this law office give you a name,address and phone number. Did they give you a case number? Have you moved in the last six years?

Hi all,

Hi, Did this law office give you a name,address and phone number. Did they give you a case number? Have you moved in the last six years?
Yep, gave me name, address, and phone number but no case number. I've been at the same location for 14 years.

Does the letter identify a specific lawyer? If not it's, more likely than not, a dumb flowers collector. If it does, check the bar for his/her credentials. Could be bogus.

It identifies like 3 lawyers. I'll check credentials.

The last post in this topic was posted 2316 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By sheetzboogie
      I had a judgment vacated and the negative trade line associated with the judgment across all 3 credit bureaus deleted. But OH NO! NOT EQUIFAX!! Even after sending them the court stamped dismissal. And wait! That's not the kicker. The Equifax representative calls me and tells me that just because the court dismissed the judgment (vacated) that Equifax is not obliged to delete from my credit profile. And then she told me that she spoke with the attorney of the original creditor and was told that they had no intentions of deleting the tradelines or vacating the judgment EVEN THOUGH it was already done! I swear I couldn't make this up if I tried. This was some Twilight Zone sh*t!
    • By david_weaver
      So after 26 months of war, I awoke today and ran my reports to find US Bank decided they did not want to be sued, did not want to deal with me anymore, and removed the account.

I beat them through persistence. I beat them by knowing the rules of the game better than their CSR's did. Hell, I beat them by knowing the rules better than the people in their credit reporting department did. I beat them by catching them in lies and in violations I never would have caught if not for this board and all the people here who take so much time to help others.

As an added bonus, an old paid judgment was also removed today from TU using the WhyChat letter after removing old addresses. TU just got the dispute on the 6th. I have EQ primed and ready with addresses removed, but wanted to make sure it worked with TU with no unintended consequences before moving on to EQ. I still have some addresses to removed from EX, but thanks to the great advice here, I know how to beat that as well.

With a little luck, and some goodwill on a few 5-year old late payments, reports could be 100% clean by year-end.

• By TaysWay
      I'm a long time lurker and reader of CB for many years and I have finally decided to take the plunge and tackle this credit monster finally. I have been reading reading reading and implementing the preliminary steps to begin this process. Here's where I am so far and I am a bit stuck as to what my next move should be.

1. Ordered all 3 hard copy reports (all 3 in hand and ready to go)

2. Opted out

3. Removed all old addresses from TU & EQ.........Experian is giving me a heck of a time and I need to know if I should move forward or continue to try to get the addresses removed? Experian is currently showing 8 old addresses plus my current address, 3 of the addresses are duplicates of 3 old addresses in different variations.

1 of the addresses is not my address at all, as a matter of fact this 1 address being reported as mine is actually the address of the company/plaintiff that filed a "judgment" against me in 2012 and there is also a Verizon TL attached to this same address opened 1/2012, reporting since 11/2012 & last reported 6/2014. It's a utility bill for $341 and is reporting on EX & EQ and Verizon is the OC.

My 1st order of business was the Paid Civil Judgment reporting on all 3 CR's that I looked into public records to see if it was on file and it is not. I was gonna tackle this first using WhyChat's method. Should I still move forward with this even though the address is not cleared from EX? Based on WhyChat's judgment method I strongly believe that if I get this judgment removed then I will be able to get the address removed and dispute the Verizon TL there after.

2nd order of business is my 7 Medical TL's using WhyChats Hippa method.

3rd is to DV 13 baddies

and last but not least I'm currently rehabbing my student loans and then there is a Repo I don't know where to even begin with but I'm choosing to work on that last.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Opinions? or Advice? If you need anymore info please let me know and I will be glad to provide.

TIA
    • By david_weaver
      A female friend has a paid judgment. She plans to file a motion to vacate. The judgment is in her married name. She is divorced and legally changed her name back to her maiden name.

The Motion to Vacate reads:

Comes now____________, Defendant, who respectfully requests this court to vacate the judgment against Defendant ____________, filed 08/2009...

Would she put her current/maiden name in the first line (as that is the legal name of the person making the motion), and her married name in the second line (as that is the name on the judgment)?

Thanks!

• By robman123
      I signed on a lease for my ex wife while we were going through our divorce (she could not get into a place without me signing on the lease). After a year or so I was notified by her landlord that she had not paid her rent for about four months! I was shocked and also surprised that the landlord did not notify either her or myself earlier? To make a long story short she moved out and the landlord ending up filing suit (against both of us) and got a judgment. I tried negotiating with the landlord throughout the process. I did not find out about the lawsuit until right before we were scheduled to go to court because I had moved within the last year and did not receive any of the correspondence.

I was told by the landlord's attorney that if we pay off a reduced amount via monthly payments over a two year period (the settlement that my ex was supposed to adhering to) that the landlord will not pursue any further collection processes and that the judgment will not be recorded.

I am in Florida and my question is will this show up on my credit report if it is not recorded? I am not exactly sure what the difference is between a recorded judgment and a non recorded judgment. I can pay the settlement amount right after the first of the year.

I am trying to avoid this showing up on my reports as they are almost clean and I am looking to buy a home next year.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    DESCOGENLLC

Important Information

Guidelines