Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Poll: Do You Have Experian On Ice?

The last post in this topic was posted 2008 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

240 members have voted

1. 1. I have a legislative freeze on my Experian report.

• Yes.
    • No.

Why would anybody leave Experian thawed? I have read on here of stray inquiries showing up on people's reports that were not authorized by them. And you can challenge all you want, but you are not likely to get them removed. What if a creditor or CA or somebody hits the inquiry button 10 times to be an flowers?

This is like knowing there is a vaccine to prevent an illness and you decide oh I'll just take my chances. Dumb move IMHO. And if you get screwed just blame yourself.

Why would anybody leave Experian thawed? I have read on here of stray inquiries showing up on people's reports that were not authorized by them. And you can challenge all you want, but you are not likely to get them removed. What if a creditor or CA or somebody hits the inquiry button 10 times to be an flowers?

This is like knowing there is a vaccine to prevent an illness and you decide oh I'll just take my chances. Dumb move IMHO. And if you get screwed just blame yourself.

Why would anyone drive (or ride in) a car? People die doing that every single day. Dumb move IMHO. And if you get screwed just blame yourself.

Oh wait. Driving makes life easier and more convenient. It makes many things possible (or at least easier) than depending on others or walking/biking/skating everywhere.

In both cases I've weighed the risks and made an informed decision as to what fits my lifestyle better.

I spent a month reading about B*. I drank the Kool-Aid.

And I've read at least 90% of what's been written on CB about B* over the last decade. I could probably give a pretty decent tutorial on both why it's done and the best ways to go about it. I even have a pretty good understanding of C* - both how to avoid it and how to deal with it. I find it fascinating.

Yet, I've chosen not to partake.

Different folx, different choices.

I sure don't think people should feel they have to freeze. It just makes me feel better. It's like having my doors locked. It bothers me that somebody outside your control can do things to your credit report that can lower your scores and you basically can't do anything about it. I guess I'm a control freak.

Uh, I don't have Experian frozen.

:o:lol:

At some point, I will just leave mine unfrozen. It's my weakest report right now, but after all the student loans drop off, it will probably be my best. My AAOA will be about 2 years higher than EQ and TU.

Why would anyone drive (or ride in) a car? People die doing that every single day. Dumb move IMHO. And if you get screwed just blame yourself.

Oh wait. Driving makes life easier and more convenient. It makes many things possible (or at least easier) than depending on others or walking/biking/skating everywhere.

In both cases I've weighed the risks and made an informed decision as to what fits my lifestyle better.

+1.

And when was the last time you exercised your app finger. -_-

Bob already has all the best cards. So it's been a long while... :lol:

I'm seriously considering UNfreezing my EX... ;)

I miss my monthly score updates from CS and Cc. :(

If Amex ever gets their sh*t together you can get your Experian FICO from them.

Mine hasn't been available for weeks.

I already get my Experian FICO (04) every month for free. :D

There are a few other benefits to being unfrozen as well, and I miss them. ;)

So why is it recommended to freeze Experian? Is it because you can bump inquiries off TU and EQ, but not EX? So you try to force inquiries onto the reports where you can bump them off?

If that's the case, what's the point since EX probably has the least amount of inquiries of any of them? It's my lowest score and has my biggest baddie, but it's so old nobody cares by now (not to mention it's medical).

Edited by JonE

I already get my Experian FICO (04) every month for free. :D

There are a few other benefits to being unfrozen as well, and I miss them. ;)

Can you really get Experian FICO 04? I thought that only one available to non-lenders was Equifax 04? (Or are you teasing?)

The last post in this topic was posted 2008 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.