Sign in to follow this  
CreditEmpire

Some good news

I waited several months for my inquiries to age and its paying off now.

Penfed $25,000 increased to $28,500

New Chase United card approved for $20,000 (Chase is now my largest sponsor)

Andrews spontaneous credit increase from $5000 to $8500

One fail: Applied for a Barclay travel card and flat out denied due to "past history with Juniper".

The silly thing about this is I have a Sallie Mae card with Barclay and they continue to service it

regardless of my blackball history. I won't waste any more inquiries on Barclay since they blackball FOREVER.

I waited several months for my inquiries to age and its paying off now.

Penfed $25,000 increased to $28,500

New Chase United card approved for $20,000 (Chase is now my largest sponsor)

Andrews spontaneous credit increase from $5000 to $8500

One fail: Applied for a Barclay travel card and flat out denied due to "past history with Juniper".

The silly thing about this is I have a Sallie Mae card with Barclay and they continue to service it

regardless of my blackball history. I won't waste any more inquiries on Barclay since they blackball FOREVER.

Did you try a recon?

There are quite a few who have burned Barclays before that have been let back in.

Thanks guys! I should try a recon with Barclay. I could argue that they already service a Sallie card for me so why not another?

Update when you hear back, I'm on their list as well...

Thanks guys! I should try a recon with Barclay. I could argue that they already service a Sallie card for me so why not another?

Well, I called the Barclay Recon line this morning. The guy said he talked to his supervisor and it's not going to happen. I even asked if they

could just close my Sallie Mae and move the credit line to the new card. So even though there is no new risk to the bank, no dice. Lame.

At least I got approved for an Amex Biz Platinum yesterday with 100K bonus miles to ease the pain. :)

Well, I called the Barclay Recon line this morning. The guy said he talked to his supervisor and it's not going to happen. I even asked if they

could just close my Sallie Mae and move the credit line to the new card. So even though there is no new risk to the bank, no dice. Lame.

At least I got approved for an Amex Biz Platinum yesterday with 100K bonus miles to ease the pain. :)

Sounds like they are just being vindictive.