State Tax Lien (s)

720lady

The last post in this topic was posted 2572 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a total of three (3) State Tax Liens on 2 or more of my credit reports. This information is killing my score and any chances of getting my APRs reduced or credit limits and or new approvals. (Still in review process - things still murky). Trying to clean up as much as possible without causing any inquiries and would like to raise my score within the next 30 days as much as possible. My overall status is a high debt ratio. However, I am under the 45% mark with my part-time income. Each week, I will get the majority of my credit cards to 30% availability on cards with a lower balance. Which leaves the larger cc accounts with high balances.

1 - States that it has been Satisfied - However, it was an error. I never did owe. I had moved from the state and wasn't required to file. However, they keep giving me the generic response when I request removal due to error. That don't seem to be reviewing at all. Just the same response. It has "BEEN SATISFIED".

Any recommendations

2 - States that it has been Satisfied - It was paid in FULL, SATISFIED.

One credit bureau will not investigate any more. Or, later they will let me know that there has been no change.

Any recommendations. I am trying to increase my credit score. I will be applying for a mortgage within the next 30 days.

3 - States an incorrect amount due because I am currently making monthly payments.

Any recommendations. I am trying to increase my credit score. I will be applying for a mortgage within the next 30 days.

Thanks!

On the one that was their error I think I would demand that they produce a lien withdrawl this will allow it to be removed from your CRs. if they refuse and you can prove it was an error I think I would file a complaint with the CFPB.

A CFPB complaint against a State? That should be interesting :)

On the one that was their error I think I would demand that they produce a lien withdrawl this will allow it to be removed from your CRs. if they refuse and you can prove it was an error I think I would file a complaint with the CFPB.

Yeah I would demand a letter that states it has been withdrawn. withdrawn is not the same as released/paid. I had this issue with 3 IRS liens, all kept reporting as paid/released but I had to provide letters/statements from the IRS stating withdrawal to the CRAs for it to get removed.

Hell file a suit if you have to, if they're in error, f them, state or not.

The last post in this topic was posted 2572 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By lhdez1984
      If anyone can help me with advice, that would be great! So here's my story:

I have been working my tail off for the last year to rebuild my credit. I really screwed it up in my teens/early 20's and I'm finally on the right path. It has been over 4 years since my last baddie and I have had a 15 month streak of on time payments. I have acquired quite a few credit/retail cards in the last year that have helped me bring up my score. (started with a CapOne secured card/ now have Nordstrom, Kohls, Kay's, VS, Express and recently a Barclay's card.) Anyhoo, I just had a baby and my employer switched health insurance providers when I was 7 months pregnant. My copays were through the roof and my out of pocket medical bills now = $4500.00. I have about 7 different creditors coming after me, now of which have hit my credit report and I am running out of time. I don't have the money to pay them right now. What can I do to save my report??? Any suggestions??

Please Help!
    • By nkfluellen
      I'm trying to clean up my CR and I see the a duplicate paid collection. Can you PLEASE advise on me on what I should do???

1. Does that affect my score 2x?
      2. How do I get these removed?

I paid a credit repair company to get them removed but they only successfully removed the TL from Equifax. EX and TU both show duplicate TL
    • By lilyfairy
      Hi all,

This is my first post, as I am new here. My husband and I recently filed Chapter 7 BK and it has been discharged since September 2014, we are now wanting to rebuild our credit, our scores are both just shy of 600, (my husbands score shot up 87 points AFTER BK was filed...mine went up by 1 point...weird huh) We are thinking we will need to get a secured credit card, which is fine, but do not know who to go with? We currently bank at a local credit union and thought of going through them, but wanted to make sure it was reported to all 3 credit bureaus, So should we go for a MAJOR company such as Capital One? What do you guys recommend? Any help/advice would be great!

Also we were advised by someone else rebuilding their own credit, to only use 10% of credit card limit and pay off on time each month to get BEST credit rating. So only use $30 on $300 limit and NO more. Does that sound right to anyone else? We want to make sure to do this right. We are not in NEED of a credit card, but just want to use one to improve our credit so one day we can buy a house.

We currently have NO credit cards, No car loans, No personal loans, No retail credit cards, Nothing that is reporting to credit bureaus.

We are in need of getting a small car loan ($5k or less) some time soon (within 6 months) should we apply for that now? or wait till we have had credit card for a few months to show on time payment history? What would be the best scenario? I don't wanna add too many "inquiries" to our credit reports right after filing BK, so trying to do this wisely. Thanks again for your help!
    • By hyerolla41
      Hello,

I was pre approved for house and bank just accepted my offer last week, I received notification today that credit score dropped 28 points ONLY thing changed was alert saying "credit usage significantly increased 45%" it takes me to 608 score which is below 620 needed with lender for FHA. Spoke to loan officer and said yes it could affect me closing on home. My inspection is tomorrow so I have time, I paid off card today to $0 balance. Do you think I will be OK come closing?
    • By n8newton
      So I need assistance dealing with Capital One, opened an account in 2011 to help rebuild my credit score after post-college debt. I was approved for $300 and always paid it on time. After returning to the country in 2012 from deployment abroad, I started using the card and paying it with a joint account I held with my grandmother. Capital One flagged for account verification and potential fraud. After several attempts to verify my account and identity through email, fax, and telephone. I gave up with a $0 balance on the account and I didn't recieve anything for 2 years from them, hoping they had closed the account because they would not allow me to do anything with it, including close it. Then in April 2014 they began sending me emails that I had an annual fee that was 30 days in the rears and so I called attempting to pay and close the account again only to be told once again that it was flagged for fraud and there is nothing I can do until they get proper paperwork. Of course I attempted multiple times over the past 4 months to correct this error and close the account. I have sent in PDFs and JPEGs of my statements, copies of my DL, SS card, and Checks only to be told they needed something else or the they did not recieve the items. I have even went as far as to do a three way call with my grandmother and a supervisor. My bank has also faxed the information to them. Also note that I have sent each docs multiple times through the email link that they give to upload docs or have faxed them in. Now after spending 3 hrs on the phone today they have told me I have to physically walk into my bank with my grandmother (who lives 600miles away from me) and verify my account that way. After directing expletives with a case manager I hung up.... I am at the end of my rope with this company. Any help in dealing with this? i have disputed with experian, but should I take legal action since they are causing stress and dinging my credit score by charging money to an account they will not let me access and now saying it is 150 days late. Knocked my credit score down 100 pts.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cain1974

Important Information

Guidelines