Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Max number of Chase cards

The last post in this topic was posted 2118 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Does anyone know the max number of Chase cards one can have?

I am looking at the British Airways card but I was just approved for the Freedom and the CSP, is there a set time between those apps that I have to wait to apply for the BA card?

I don't think their is an actual limit on how many you can have...

I think it's more about how much credit Chase can extend to you

I don't think their is an actual limit on how many you can have...

I think it's more about how much credit Chase can extend to you

Another member said something about how Chase just borrowed from their other Chase CL for a new card they app'ed for.

IIRC there was a CB member that opened 5 last year. 1 was a business CC.

I imagine that it has to do with income and profile much more than a set number of cards.

There really isn't but I've read a lot about how when people have reached their maximum exposure with Chase that they've had to move some of the CL on one card to open up another.

Since they axe'd the good reward on Ink I sat on the fence too long for it.

Now, while not crap, its not as good as it was.

Shame, cause that was one I was gonna consider in 2015, guess I wait to see if they

bring back to the juicy steak to eat

Since they axe'd the good reward on Ink I sat on the fence too long for it.

Now, while not crap, its not as good as it was.

Shame, cause that was one I was gonna consider in 2015, guess I wait to see if they

bring back to the juicy steak to eat

I'm hoping around tax time the 70k comes back

I applied for 3 in the same day last month and I had to spend 30 minutes on the phone with a rep to close the first one in order to open the 3rd. I didn't realize the amazon visa was a chase card when I took the offer at checkout and all the stars aligned that was the day I was ready to apply for two other chase cards.

If you were just approved for two, I would recommend waiting 30 days to stay below their radar. It could save you a lot of trouble/time in discussions with the reps if you can get it auto-approved.

Also, I already had the chase sapphire preferred(opened in March2014). So I know they are willing to give at least two additional instant approvals when you already have one card that's been open for a bit.

Hmmmm

Mine was anything but instant.

It was 30 minutes of Q & A

I was a bit taken aback, actually.

Maybe I'll wait before hitting them up again.

Thanks guys for all the replies.

With my CSP card I had to call the fraud department and it took about 15 mins or so to go through the Q&A session.

I think I am going to wait at least a month and then apply just to give it time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I currently have 4 personal Chase cards and one business card (United, CSP, Freedom, Marriott, Ink). They have never said anything about too many cards, but have said I have reached my max exposure at this time (right under 100K, although others have much more)

Would it be foolish to app for another one...

When the first one has been approved, yet not even received?

If you know your credit supports it, no. If you know your credit doesn't support it, yes. I apped for my second one the day after I apped for my first. Both were approved but YMMV depending on your credit.

Also, I already had the chase sapphire preferred(opened in March2014). So I know they are willing to give at least two additional instant approvals when you already have one card that's been open for a bit.

My third was not an instant approval and I had the first two for a bit before the third.

Edited by takeshi

IIRC there was a CB member that opened 5 last year. 1 was a business CC.

I imagine that it has to do with income and profile much more than a set number of cards.

Tis was me...

I have 4 current open personal CC's and a Chase Ink. I closed my Slate and rolled it into my Ink. All within 7 months.

Just my 2 cents and somewhat off topic. Not to mention that I do believe I got approved under the radar. On my 1st App Spree, I app'd for the CSP (was 1 of 3 Pre-Approvals on site) and the Ink. I was approved for both. A few days later I received an offer for Freedom, checked the website and it was still 1 of 3 offers, so I app'd, and was approved. On Day 8 I rec'd ANOTHER offer in mail, for the Slate, didn't really want it, but figured I'd do one for science. Btw, was still 1 of 3 offers on pre-approval site, and I was approved (though my lowest limit and only one less than $10k). So within 8 days I app'd for and was approved for 4 cards.

****Now, I helped my son get started with credit during his winter break home from college (he had a First Premier and Discover Student along with being AU on a few cards). I had him apply for Freedom, and he was approved instantly for $4500. Then I had him apply for the Hyatt as well, approved instantly for $8500. Then I had him app for the BA card, got the 7-10 day message. Recon'd and UW said that he had maxed the number of cards allowed to apply for within a 30 day window (2) but that he could call on 31st day from 1st app and ask to have the BA app reviewed. So I hope this may be of some use to the CB community. Obviously, YMMV would be a standard comment here :wave:

Just my 2 cents and somewhat off topic. Not to mention that I do believe I got approved under the radar. On my 1st App Spree, I app'd for the CSP (was 1 of 3 Pre-Approvals on site) and the Ink. I was approved for both. A few days later I received an offer for Freedom, checked the website and it was still 1 of 3 offers, so I app'd, and was approved. On Day 8 I rec'd ANOTHER offer in mail, for the Slate, didn't really want it, but figured I'd do one for science. Btw, was still 1 of 3 offers on pre-approval site, and I was approved (though my lowest limit and only one less than $10k). So within 8 days I app'd for and was approved for 4 cards.

****Now, I helped my son get started with credit during his winter break home from college (he had a First Premier and Discover Student along with being AU on a few cards). I had him apply for Freedom, and he was approved instantly for $4500. Then I had him apply for the Hyatt as well, approved instantly for $8500. Then I had him app for the BA card, got the 7-10 day message. Recon'd and UW said that he had maxed the number of cards allowed to apply for within a 30 day window (2) but that he could call on 31st day from 1st app and ask to have the BA app reviewed. So I hope this may be of some use to the CB community. Obviously, YMMV would be a standard comment here :wave:

Congrats on yours and your son's approvals. Thanks for sharing that info. Did you by chance enter that into the creditpulls database?

Now, get rid of that First Premier card before he ruins his credit life. :yahoo::lol:

Well I currently have 4 personal Chase cards and one business card (United, CSP, Freedom, Marriott, Ink). They have never said anything about too many cards, but have said I have reached my max exposure at this time (right under 100K, although others have much more)

Thanks. That is good info.

Not sure, but I do know they'll allow two Freedoms :)

I have two, but one used to be a Starbucks Duetto card until like 2010 and then it was automatically PC'd to a Freedom. Also have a Slate, for a total of three Chase cards.

I have two, but one used to be a Starbucks Duetto card until like 2010 and then it was automatically PC'd to a Freedom. Also have a Slate, for a total of three Chase cards.

This is good to know especially if you are trying for multiple signup bonuses.

Chase will only let you have a signup bonus once every 2 years. You can PC, but you can't get a bonus twice from two approvals.

Chase will only let you have a signup bonus once every 2 years. You can PC, but you can't get a bonus twice from two approvals.

:aggressive:

I guess we can't have it all. :grin:

That's one signup bonus PER CARD every two years, right? Not one bonus from Chase overall in two years.

Wow! As a father myself mind if I ask for a few more details on your son's apps? His age? His AAOA? Reported income?

Congrats on yours and your son's approvals. Thanks for sharing that info. Did you by chance enter that into the creditpulls database?

Now, get rid of that First Premier card before he ruins his credit life. :yahoo::lol:

Yes, thanks for the reminder, that is 1st to go!!! As for the CPDB, not as of yet, I have ALOT to enter in there. Thinking about starting a thread called "All in the Family", lol.

The last post in this topic was posted 2118 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.