Sign in to follow this  
dansamy

Newly widowed and need help to move forward

Dansamy, we ended up buying that 2011 Ford Explorer. We paid 22,5k for it. It has 39K miles on it so hopefully it will last awhile. I looked on Edmunds used car site for values and using buying tips from cv, there was only a little haggering on the price. Did everything by email so the finance guy couldn't get his hands on me-lol! After all the test driving I feel like I made a good choice.

This is the first time a bought a car and felt like I was in control. cv is a godsend btw. PM me if you need any help.:)

I really like the pictures of the 2007 Outlander. It doesn't have some features that mine did, but it has others mine didn't. It has 30k fewer miles despite being 2 years older. I know it's older, but I really can hunker down & deal with it so I can focus on prepping the Lancer for sale & get mortgage ready. I drove the heck out of mine & abused the hell out of it. So, I'm comfortable with buying a gently used one owner. And there's no learning curve. :D

And yes, I'll be having my father in law go with me. The airplane mechanic. And we'll take my oldest son so that he can teach him what to look for when buying used.

You go,Girl! Sounds like you got this handled - having an airplane mechanic FIL is a very good thing.:) look forward to hearing what you get!

Waiting impatiently for USAA to deposit my funds. Can't buy another vehicle without funds. Can't drop the Lancer off to start prepping it for sale without having something else to drive!

See, once I have a plan, I like to do it. I don't like to sit around and wait.

Just read the whole thread.

You go girl! You are getting it done!

Keep on USAA...I had to follow up with them to get my money deposited after my Jeep was totaled. They were awesome at handling the claim otherwise!

Jill in CO

Just read the whole thread.

You go girl! You are getting it done!

Keep on USAA...I had to follow up with them to get my money deposited after my Jeep was totaled. They were awesome at handling the claim otherwise!

Jill in CO

Thank you!

Yeah, wrecking my vehicle threw a wrench into my plans, but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. Actually, a lot of stuff threw a wrench into my plans lately, but it's ok. I am going to keep adjusting and moving forward. That's really all you can do.

Edited by dansamy

OK. I know scores aren't EVERYTHING, but I'm kind of excited. Got an alert for Ex, that I love to hate. Ex drives me nuts.

621 --> 649!

Scores now stand at:

Ex 649

Tu 647

Eq 639

OK. I know scores aren't EVERYTHING, but I'm kind of excited. Got an alert for Ex, that I love to hate. Ex drives me nuts.

621 --> 649!

Scores now stand at:

Ex 649

Tu 647

Eq 639

:clapping:

That's great news about your scores. :clapping:

I just read your entire thread, and wanted to let you know how inspiring it is. You're doing a great job - keep up the good work. And I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss; it took a lot to share that, I'm sure...

621 --> 649!

Scores now stand at:

Ex 649

Tu 647

Eq 639

Right on! Great work!

621 --> 649!

Scores now stand at:

Ex 649

Tu 647

Eq 639

Congrats!

I remember hitting that range and the excitement. I think most people can't appreciate it unless they start from the basement.

It's amazing how momentum builds over time. Just try and stay focused and learn PIF as a discipline. It will help with both scores and approvals.

OK. So after our errands, we dropped by the Mitsubishi dealer since we were in town. I wanted to test drive the 07 one owner Outlander they have for sale. It's basically a bare bones model except the leather seating. Mine was an 09 fully loaded but had no leather seating. I brought it home overnight to have my church's mechanic look at it. They're asking $7950 for it. Which is really right at the top of what it's probably worth. I would like to pay a little less, but I don't feel that I'm in much of a bargainable position because I don't have funds from USAA yet. Ugh!

Credit One $775

Synch/Amzn $843

Walmart. $511

CFNA. $500

CapOne. $377

Total. $3006

Bringing these down here so I can find them. I'm going to go ahead and pay off both Walmart and CFNA Monday. I'm taking a leave of absence from work due to my daughter, who isn't coping well at this time. She needs her mama right now. I'm also going part time at the beginning of the next schedule. (Our facility makes our schedules in 6 week blocks.) I'll continue to drive the Lancer while I look for a replacement for the Outlander, but I am not desperate to find something right now. I've got people looking for me as well.

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans, right?

On the Lancer - try posting it on eBay. Evo's are highly valued- but it's a niche market. You need to cast a wider net than Dogpatch, AL :D

621 --> 649!

Scores now stand at:

Ex 649

Tu 647

Eq 639

Wow what a nice bump!

Keep up the good work.

On the Lancer - try posting it on eBay. Evo's are highly valued- but it's a niche market. You need to cast a wider net than Dogpatch, AL :D

You mean Jim Bob prolly won't buy it for Bobby Sue's gradyeeashun? :D

I'm sure Bobby Sue would love the Evo. But I'm not so sure that Jim Bob would be keen on ponying up the $25k that Danny Drifter's daddy in Dallas would be happy to pay for it

I'm sure Bobby Sue would love the Evo. But I'm not so sure that Jim Bob would be keen on ponying up the $25k that Danny Drifter's daddy in Dallas would be happy to pay for it

Yeah, you're right about that. And Jim Bob will probably just buy Bobby Sue that Ranger she's been eyeing...

OK. After a super long day of riding around & looking, I've narrowed it down. Toyota Highlander or Ford Explorer.