The History of CreditBoards 2003-2015

The last post in this topic was posted 1780 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I was here at that time. 2002-2003 or so when phsyco doc, george, dogman etc.

as geo10 o geo . I dont see too many changes from that time to the date. except the for fico scores which come later.

I remember you! I think we used to argue on the political forum that used to be on this board.

as geo10 o geo . I dont see too many changes from that time to the date. except the for fico scores which come later.

I remember you! I think we used to argue on the political forum that used to be on this board.

It's always been a link to another forum.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to drop in on this very interesting thread. I don't post much if at all but continue to read and lurk. I along with some others am proud to have had a hand the "Texas Mother" thread which has helped many of my fellow Texans fight back with the help of Texas laws which can put some fear into creditors. Helpful enough to be pinned :clapping: I actually went to court and won several lawsuits on my own and have noticed over the years that some of my fellow Texan's took the same road with some success. CB was a turning point for me and I still benefit to this day.

Edited by walterg55

Just wanted to drop in on this very interesting thread. I don't post much if at all but continue to read and lurk. I along with some others am proud to have had a hand the "Texas Mother" thread which has helped many of my fellow Texans fight back with the help of Texas laws which can put some fear into creditors. Helpful enough to be pinned :clapping: I actually went to court and won several lawsuits on my own and have noticed over the years that some of my fellow Texan's took the same road with some success. CB was a turning point for me and I still benefit to this day.

OMG -- my hero! (Okay...one of 'em...) :P

So glad to see you post in this thread! :clapping:

The entire purpose of the thread was to get the ground breakers and those who maybe aren't around a lot these days, to post.

History is made sometimes without really noticing.

Thank you, for contributing.

Ok... interesting to hear the origins of this board and where some of you came from.

Me. My credit trouble began in 2003-2004 when I was in college. I was a member of CreditNet and AOC but I was a young kid back then and got overwhelmed by everything back then and gave up way to easily. Found this place a few years ago... but by then most of my accounts had reached SOL.

These boards have helped so many, it's amazing. I started my journey with a $500 secured card with BofA back in 2006 I think.

After wasting my time with a certain law office we all know and love err hate, I learned how to dispute and delete and did the work myself(with the help of CreditBoard members of course)..

I was so "efficient" and naive I wiped my CR clean and I mean ZERO CLs. :sorry: lol

I'm pretty sure I'd easily have 800 scores if I hadn't been so "efficient". :blush2:

Edited by greatview

I shouldn't be posting - it took me 20 minutes to figure out I wasn't logged in. No wonder the boards looked funny and the "Reply to this topic" window wasn't there. Doh! (I need that facepalm emoji) InsultComicDog - that Creditwrench guy - had/has his own site I think. I remember when AoC disappeared and I went looking for someplace else to get my info - came across Creditwrench. It was touted as the be all end all this is the only info you need thing. I think it was like a blog or something. I am so glad I kept looking. Someone eventually posted up archives or something from AoC somewhere, and eventually linking through a link that linked from a link and a search or two later (I think I was looking for some info on something TowerRat once posted) I eventually ended up here. But man, Creditwrench, I'd hate to think where I'd be if I'd stumbled on that blog first.

• Admin

It's always been a link to another forum.

InsultComicDog has a good memory.

There was once a politics forum right here on the site, but it could get heated and confrontational. We decided having members divided up and fighting over politics wasn't helpful to the board's real purpose, so that forum was closed and became a link to PoliticsFirst, an outside forum. That is gone now as well.

Who the hell said "creditwrench" :rofl:

That was Bill Bauer, I'm not sure if he's still living or not. What a difficult person to get along with. Christine's twin.

• Admin

I have never seen you here radi8.

I have seen of your posts but never caught you on.

So you are an owner also?

And if you don't mind, who are the owners?

That's because he sneaks in late at night if he can remember how to find us. He's pretty damn old.

• Admin

That's because he sneaks in late at night if he can remember how to find us. He's pretty damn old.

7:03am? Is the computer room at the senior village open that early? :D

:rofl:

Radi8

LKH

Pam

Breeze

Thank you, to you both :grin:

I love information.

What are the most memorable threads, discussions, news items (not necessarily because of importance) to you here?

There's one that sticks in my head about some debt collector in Erie who put a fake courtroom in a strip mall and had a fake judge and fake judgments and fake uniformed deputies.

Here was the story as reported at the time

Edited by InsultComicDog
  • Admin

I have never sen

you here radi8. I have seen of your posts but never caught you on. So you are an owner also? And if you don't mind, who are the owners?

I give up. Tell me then we'll both know. If you can remember.
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a brief tiff with CreditWrench in 2010. He plagiarized large sections of my book. Just blatantly cut and pasted them into his site and added snarky comments. A lot of people said his health was failing. I don't know what they knew or know, but he hasn't been seen since 2012 AFAIK.

The last post in this topic was posted 1780 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.