The Rewards Card Strategies Discussion Thread

The last post in this topic was posted 1477 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many times on United you can use miles to upgrade (plus a copay which could be as much as $550/seat/way to Europe). If they log into their account/ticket (assuming they are UMP members) they should s

These Barclay quarterly bonuses have been going on for over 2 years now:   Q1 2014 I received a targeted offer from Barclays for an additional 2X points in several categories on my Priceline card.

There's no need to with the BA 100K offer, and you can also use your BA Exec Club number for oneworld revenue flights. Having a Household account helps as well.

But it would go as personal inquiry on the personal report?

And no 2 for 1 with Chase unless both are personal or both are business.

Can I go for the reg ink and ink plus? Is that considered having 2 of the same product?

But it would go as personal inquiry on the personal report?

And no 2 for 1 with Chase unless both are personal or both are business.

Can I go for the reg ink and ink plus? Is that considered having 2 of the same product?

They only have Plus and Cash business cards AFAIK. In the past all Ink business cards were one pull.

True, but why not take an additional 20K when you can

First of all the standard signup bonus is 50K not 40K, with the AF waived in year 1. This deal is a 60K signup bonus, with the AF NOT waived in year 1.

My suggestion would be to go to a Chase branch if you have one near you. Last time they ran the 60K promotion in February, they had a "hidden" in-branch promotion that offered 60K AND waived the AF the first year. If the banker says he isn't aware of it, tell him to get on his computer and find it. I'm fairly certain it will be there.

With the OD deal now, I wish I had an INK in hand.

$20 off $300 Instant Savings for GC's. Basically equal value for the purchase and 5X UR.

DAMNITTTT!!! :aggressive:

I don't actually have a real business but I have an eBay store thats been up for a few years now. Haven't sold anything for a few months. I heard Chase has been really strict when it comes to applying for Ink cards, is that true?

I don't actually have a real business but I have an eBay store thats been up for a few years now. Haven't sold anything for a few months. I heard Chase has been really strict when it comes to applying for Ink cards, is that true?

I know people that gave gotten approvals with startups.

Wish I could get them to pull TU..my BK isnt showing on that one

Who said you couldn't?

Who said you couldn't?

Looking at the pull in my area (california) seems like they pull EX and EQ. And Im not unfreezing either one of those. Maybe I'll give it a try later this week.

Who said you couldn't?

Looking at the pull in my area (california) seems like they pull EX and EQ. And Im not unfreezing either one of those. Maybe I'll give it a try later this week.

What would you unfreeze them for?

It's hard to find a card that can earn you more travel rewards than the Ink Plus.

Who said you couldn't?

I live in Orange County

Edited by Konrad2012

Who said you couldn't?

What would you unfreeze them for?

It's hard to find a card that can earn you more travel rewards than the Ink Plus.

The other two have BK's showing on them

True, but why not take an additional 20K when you can

First of all the standard signup bonus is 50K not 40K, with the AF waived in year 1. This deal is a 60K signup bonus, with the AF NOT waived in year 1.

My suggestion would be to go to a Chase branch if you have one near you. Last time they ran the 60K promotion in February, they had a "hidden" in-branch promotion that offered 60K AND waived the AF the first year. If the banker says he isn't aware of it, tell him to get on his computer and find it. I'm fairly certain it will be there.

Do your spend and close your card and the AF will be refunded. This is their policy. Rinse and repeat. This is the gift that keeps on giving. There is also referrals for this same offer. So if you are going to sign up maybe someone here has a referral. Help each other out.

Program changes announced on IHG.com

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but IHG points now expire after a year. I still plan to get this card in a few months because starting in the second year, while the $49 annual fee kicks in, so does the free hotel room cert in any IHG hotel.

I liked that the points didn't expire, but if IHG had to choose between a one year expiration date and redemption inflation, I'll take the expiration. It's not hard to buy a shoelace a year to keep the points alive.

Went for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum yesterday to take advantage of the 50K mile bonus before it went away. First 'business' card I have added. Pulled EX.

Also went for the Chase Ink, but got the 7-10 day, which seems typical? Hoping that turns into an approval, as I would love to add the 60K UR points. Pulled EX and TU.

Can't really push for more beyond those two right now as I feel I can realistically meet the spend requirements for those two without M$ or running any personal expenses through them.

Next up on the personal side will be Chase Sapphire in July. Have the final payment for a fall cruise due that at the end of July I can use to meet that spend and then immediately pay off.

Then maybe if a good deal is out there, a Citi AA personal card to continue padding my AA miles?

I know I say this often, but it can never be said enough:

CreditBoards changed my life, not just in helping me fix my credit, but in teaching me HOW my good credit can make me money.

Two years ago, I had a Cap One with a $300 limit. If the Chase gets approved, or with my next CLI on one of my other cards, I will go over the $100K in available credit just less than two years later AND I have earned nearly $6,000 in rewards, points, sign-up bonuses, spend bonuses, etc.

• Similar Content

• By Genie
      Hello, I'm looking for the best card to pay for a $4k purchase. I've got the money but I'd like to use a card that will get me the most value back like in cash back or sign up bonus for spending a large amount. This is an orthodontist purchase but I want to get the most bang for my money.

I have: AmEx everyday preferred, Capital One secure, CreditOne platinum.
      My relative has Discover it.

I hope y'all can help with this!

• By StarkRaven$
      Before joining CB's I had no knowledge or appreciation of credit card rewards. When I was rebuilding my credit I noticed under the "advanced tab" posts discussing rewards but at the time I assumed I would never have a use for that. In other words, I simply didn't understand it. Fast forward to today, For Christmas I bought my grandson a limited edition LA Rams Eric Dickerson tee shirt and covered the entire cost through rewards simply by paying my utility bills and using my US Bank cc. 

Seriously! If someone was to tell me I could do that four years ago, I would just tune out and dismiss it in my mind. So thank you very much for all the invaluable education here on Creditboards. You all are amazing!
    • By StarkRaven$
      My Amex Everyday Card Preferred sign up bonus pts were added to my card yesterday. The sign up bonus for at least $1K spend within three months is 15K additional points. It's on their website and I confirmed it with Amex over the phone. In the fine print bonus pts will not increase or apply to 50% more pts if you make 30 or more purchases within a statement period. They added 25K pts instead! I'll gladly take the extra 10K pts. Just hope they don't correct later.  Has that ever happened to anyone before?

DESCRIPTIO     AEDP $2k Spd/25k MR Pts These points have been added because of an offer or qualifying purchases made.
    • By StarkRaven$
      I booked a RT flight from San Diego to Hayden, CO on the Alaska Air website a month ago for Feb travel. I did not use any points. Total cost was $337.30. Today the same flight from the Alaska Air website is $468.

On the Amex Travel booking site the same Alaska flight is $720. I realize I can earn more reward points with Amex going through their travel site but the cost is too expensive.

I only travel twice a year and it's usually to visit my brother in Steamboat Springs.

Am I missing something here? Could someone explain or direct me to post on CB.

• By policebox
      I received this offer for my Fidelity Rewards Visa Card to earn 2,000 bonus points ($20).

Either I'm reading this incorrectly, or this seems like an insanely terrible offer.

Here is how I'm interpreting the deal:
      Must do spending between November 1 and December 31, 2019 Must spend $2,100 before you start earning bonus points You can earn up to 2,000 Bonus Points (redemptions are 100 points = $1, so $20 maximum cash back) You earn 20% Bonus Points per dollar spent (0.4 Bonus Points per $1) At this rate, you'd need to spend $7,100 ($2,100 + $5,000) to get the maximum bonus of 2,000 points ($5,000 * 0.4 points/$1 = 2,000 points)  
      Tell me I'm crazy and how.

Edit: I think I found my math error. Looks like after you spend $2,100, if you spend an additional $5,000 you'd get $20 cash back. Still, hardly worth stressing over.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    meli1979

Important Information

Guidelines